project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
project number 2 twin turbo :-) how she looks now (-:
Love the redneck approach, just remember that to compound all the flow has to go through both blowers - so your secondary needs to be able to cope with the flow of the primary. Alternatively if you're using a smaller blower to spool a larger one without compounding arrangement then you'll need to add in a bypass but this gets complicated during the transition between the two. Looking back now though at whats been done to XUD's in the past year or so I would 10000% concentrate more on head flow than using two turbos to make insane boost. Will be interesting to see what you come up with on this one though Big Grin

Oh yeh, also forgot to mention the most cruical and important part of any compound turbo setup, the control. Obviously you have to maintain x amount of pressure difference accross each turbo which isnt as easy as it sounds with manual boost controllers because you have to consider the signal to the controller for the smaller blower is going to be at a higher pressure also. Its easy to do compound configuration with seamless takeover where the larger turbo takes over the smaller one and renders it useless but you want to have the smaller one making even more boost for it to actually be compounding. This is when having electronics involved makes it a hell of alot easier, but there are crude not-so-seamless ways of doing it mechanically.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
:-) thanks for the tips dave . Ye its nt goin to be easy bt i will make it work sum road lol wat bhp is ur 306 sitten at nw . And wat 2 turbos did u use goin to use ur car and darren car for help lol :-)
Thanks given by:
Nice one, get them bolted together and see what happens, have you come up with a solution yet? what blowers do you actually have to hand? My 306 was probably pushing over 200 in its peak no doubt with both blowers but at the moment it sits with no control and no driver as its 10,000 miles away Big Grin
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Lol u cant drive it from that fare away were are u lol i was thinkin of a tdo4 and that vnt 15 vw turbo bt wat would u think like :-) wat way would u work the controllers lol me no feck all in that area like :-) bt there is all ways room for learning
Thanks given by:
Just found this sexy bitch :-) at work for my twin turbo ider lol

[attachment=18154][attachment=18153]
Thanks given by:
So my engine throw the fan belt off about 2 weeks ago and it went under the timing belt lol am sure use all no wat happend next kaboom :-( BT on the flip side going to mock up a quick twin turbo while the engine is out sum thing like Dave's one for now then in time I will do twin turbo g/box wen I get more time lol so here is what I have done over the last week or so . let me no wat use think of the 1st turbo because its all I can find for now its a vw turbo not sure what spec :-)

[attachment=20070]. Sad times lol [attachment=20076] taken engine out [attachment=20069] engine out and find out what happened [attachment=20071][attachment=20072][attachment=20073][attachment=20074][attachment=20075]

And work continues :-)
Thanks given by:
just weld loads of turbos together and see what happens lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Lol I plan to wat way can I work the wastgate on the vw turbo coz they work off vacuum wat way did u work it :-)
Thanks given by:
Easier to change it to a boost can I should think, unless you want to spend months f*cking about learning and perfecting arduino-based vnt control.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
No dont f*ck around, the best thing about these projects is you just chuck them together so fast and just see what happens, imo thats fricken awesome! Grab a couple blowers weld em on and give it f*ck lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(13-11-2014, 01:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Easier to change it to a boost can I should think, unless you want to spend months f*cking about learning and perfecting arduino-based vnt control.

Ye don't want to mess around with that lol hoping
To finish in the next 2 weeks so wouldn't have time for that mess in about :-) so how do ya go about changen it to boost ? Do ya just change the wastgate lol

(13-11-2014, 05:22 PM)Tom Wrote: No dont f*ck around, the best thing about these projects is you just chuck them together so fast and just see what happens, imo thats fricken awesome! Grab a couple blowers weld em on and give it f*ck lol!

Lol thanks tom yep that me all right lol hope it works the way I want it to :-) Im just going to weld on the vw turbo cuz couldn't be f*ck tryin to make up adaptor plats and things lol
Thanks given by:
Just change the wastegate actuator for one that works on boost.

Make sure you remember the compound effect when setting boost levels, else you'll blow the head off the block the first time you plant it. Two turbos at 20psi in compound will make about 65psi at the inlet!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Whats wrong with 65psi???

lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Bloody love the mentality of this project, just weld em up and see what happens!!

Good work chap!!!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(15-11-2014, 09:36 AM)Poodle Wrote: Just change the wastegate actuator for one that works on boost.

Make sure you remember the compound effect when setting boost levels, else you'll blow the head off the block the first time you plant it. Two turbos at 20psi in compound will make about 65psi at the inlet!

Lol k man thanks I would have just planted it straight away lol how do ya set boost levels then just buy the wastegate like lol

(15-11-2014, 10:33 AM)londondan86 Wrote: Bloody love the mentality of this project, just weld em up and see what happens!!

Good work chap!!!

Thanks man what's the car of yours boosting at
Thanks given by:
Yeah, adjust the wastegates to set boost levels. Either by doing a ton of calculations or just trial and error with the risk of popping something if it's wrong lol. I guess you'll be taking the try it and see approach, so i'd suggest leaving the wastegate settings as they are in the stock installations (guessing they run between 10 and 15psi as standard..?) and being careful with the throttle when you first run it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
You need to be careful with the control with compounds, the primary really needs to work with a target PR rather than target "boost"... Else it will get raped before the secondary comes up... You need to look at compressor map to find out where its peak flow is and at what PR and run it there. Then feed it with up to the Max pr / boost the secondary can flow without getting out of efficiency range...
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 07:15 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: You need to be careful with the control with compounds, the primary really needs to work with a target PR rather than target "boost"... Else it will get raped before the secondary comes up... You need to look at compressor map to find out where its peak flow is and at what PR and run it there. Then feed it with up to the Max pr / boost the secondary can flow without getting out of efficiency range...

Thanks Darren and poodle were is the best place to look at compressor mapping lol no ever little about this :-)
Thanks given by:
You need to work out what turbos you've got for starters, no way you'll get a compressor map otherwise.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
its not sizes of turbos you should be looking at its the aspect ratio and size of turbine thats key
Thanks given by:
Think I have an idear of wats going on lol I have the link to wat I was reading so ever one can have a look to lol :-) http://www.enginelogics.com/read-a-turbo...essor-map/
Thanks given by:
Where abouts are you in Ireland?
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 10:22 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Where abouts are you in Ireland?

N.Ireland place called rostevor pretty much newry co.down lol why ? :-)
Thanks given by:
Was just wondering if I lived near you. I'm in county antrim
Thanks given by:
(17-11-2014, 11:54 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Was just wondering if I lived near you. I'm in county antrim

Lol how for is that away from newry any way I could take a spin up that way for the crack wen finish the car :-) wat do u drive ur self man
Thanks given by:
OK small update got my engine power washed at the weekend there and have just painted the engine ,gearbox ,Bosch pump and inlet Mani even tho it will probably just shit its self after a week of driven BT feck it lol next job should be interesting as I try and fit the 2 turbos let's hope all goes well :-) here's sum pics of the lot [attachment=20169][attachment=20170][attachment=20171][attachment=20172][attachment=20173]

And I have just bought this lol should be with me soon[attachment=20174]

Thanks for reading ;-)
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 11:34 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote:
(17-11-2014, 11:54 PM)MarkHam Wrote: Was just wondering if I lived near you. I'm in county antrim

Lol how for is that away from newry any way I could take a spin up that way for the crack wen finish the car :-) wat do u drive ur self man

Hes bout an hour and a bits drive from you, near me by the looks of things
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 07:13 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 11:34 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote:

Kk lol not that big of a drive really ;-)
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 07:18 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 07:13 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 11:34 AM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote: Lol how for is that away from newry any way I could take a spin up that way for the crack wen finish the car :-) wat do u drive ur self man

Nah not atall sure nothing up this part of the country is that far if you think bout it lol
Thanks given by:
(18-11-2014, 07:22 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 07:18 PM)pioneer DJ paddy Wrote:
(18-11-2014, 07:13 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Hes bout an hour and a bits drive from you, near me by the looks of things

Nah not atall sure nothing up this part of the country is that far if you think bout it lol

Ye sapose ur right lol nice bus u have there wats she putting out at the min
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,432 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust ozonehostile 418 188,984 29-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Dturboleeds
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,774 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01