Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2014
10-07-2014, 08:14 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2014, 08:19 PM by Ephrem.)
[attachment=17513][attachment=17513]I have a 206 Silhouette Race car with two tuned all steel 306 XSi 8valve engines ... both currently in bits. A local (N Ire) engine builder is currently converting one to injection with throttle bodies (Jenvey 45s) and a lower lift cam (Piper BP300) to make it more user-friendly for hillclimbs. He needs a thicker than usual head gasket (2mm) to keep compression around 12:1 and I've been quoted ~£150 all in vat & postage for a custom made Cometic. Is there anything of similar quality available locally (UK/Europe) folks?
Will try to post a pic of the disassembled head.
[attachment=17514]
Hmm, not sure that worked. Maybe it's because I'm on a tablet
Posts: 2,490
Threads: 164
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
25
Location: Honiton
Car Model/Spec: Gti6
Welcome to the forum mate, car sounds like it could be an interesting build thread
I know cully used a thicker than normal MLS repair gasket on his engine build but that was for a gti engine and I'm not sure exactly how thick it was so not much help lol
Gonna take a guess and say you've asked a Peugeot dealer ?
Posts: 13,881
Threads: 476
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
81
Location: Ipswich
Car Model/Spec: 306 Rallye
I need a nice and thick head gasket too some +1 on this question!
Posts: 2,014
Threads: 180
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
21
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Car Model/Spec: Broken Phase 2 GTi6
Welcome to the Forum
If this topic is better suited in one of the more specialist areas to get better viewership feel free to move it (but leave a link to the thread in newbies)
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.
1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car
Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2014
(10-07-2014, 08:56 PM)Fooby Wrote: Welcome to the Forum
If this topic is better suited in one of the more specialist areas to get better viewership feel free to move it (but leave a link to the thread in newbies)
Thanks everyone. Ask a Peugeot dealer...hmm, so obvious I never thought of it! Tho any other time I've gone to them, they've been powerless without a part number.
I'll move thread to 'XU engines' and try to leave link back to 'newbies'
Posts: 2,014
Threads: 180
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
21
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Car Model/Spec: Broken Phase 2 GTi6
Nice work... Err although I though only mods could move threads ha. I better go check permissions!
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.
1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car
Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2014
(10-07-2014, 09:36 PM)Fooby Wrote: Nice work... Err although I though only mods could move threads ha. I better go check permissions!
More of a 'Let's start again' under XU Petrol engines, than an actual move of the thread. Hope I haven't broken a rule on my first day!
Posts: 2,014
Threads: 180
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
21
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Car Model/Spec: Broken Phase 2 GTi6
Na no rules broken if the forum lets you do it its my fault not yours
Welcome again and enjoy 306oc
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.
1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car
Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Posts: 7
Threads: 2
Joined: Jul 2014

cheers
Posts: 684
Threads: 58
Joined: Dec 2012
Reputation:
3
Location: Fordingbridge
Car Model/Spec: Loads
As the engine's apart I'd machine the internals to get the right compression, Mind if using injection even race spec cam's are fine and provide a good band of power
Overall Road Going Production Class Winner at BARC Gurston Down Speed Hillclimb 2012, 2013 & 2014 With a class record along the way (For a while), Taking 2nd place will be Ian Redding's 306 GTi
2016 Castle Combe GT championship class winner