Posts: 2,490
Threads: 164
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
25
Location: Honiton
Car Model/Spec: Gti6
Right, looking to get some bigger sockets as a set ideally but not sure what sizes to get.
I've got everything ill need up to 19mm in 3/8" so I'm looking for something that is 19mm upwards really and 1/2"
Any odd sizes that pugs use to look out for?
Know the halfords kits are good value but didnt really want to get a big kit with spanners and other bits aswell
Posts: 5,203
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
20
Location: Devon
Car Model/Spec: Estate, DT, GTI6 and 205
I got Bergen 1/2" impact set that I have had for years and they get abuses and just keep going. About £30/40 a set I think. I really rate them.
I think begen and us pro stuff is all pretty decent for the money imo
Posts: 5,852
Threads: 92
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
43
Location: Brizzle
Car Model/Spec: Tracterrrrrrrrr
Ive got a 1/2" impact Mac set, that goes from 10mm-25mm without missing any, was sub £100 from what I remember
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
Posts: 15,645
Threads: 541
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
124
Location: Aylesbury
Car Model/Spec: 320bhp Impreza WRX
If your not buying too big a set buy impact ones as if you ever get a gun then you wont have to buy new sockets.
Posts: 2,140
Threads: 128
Joined: May 2014
Reputation:
21
Location: Cardiff
Car Model/Spec: Stage3 HDi RHF5@25psi 174bhp
HaLFORDS advanced, nice sockets.. i got a set years agoi.. goes right up to 26mm,
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Posts: 2,490
Threads: 164
Joined: Jun 2012
Reputation:
25
Location: Honiton
Car Model/Spec: Gti6
Been looking at the Bergen stuff and it seems pretty good quality
Was hoping maybe to find a set with deep and shallow but if not will probably get a set of each
Posts: 5,203
Threads: 110
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
20
Location: Devon
Car Model/Spec: Estate, DT, GTI6 and 205
Yeah they would be fine. Similar to the Bergen 1s
Posts: 67
Threads: 10
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Norfolk
Car Model/Spec: Meridian 1.9TD
30-06-2014, 08:49 PM
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 09:19 AM by Mark.)
I bought some sockets from Euro Car Parts a while ago, which were good value. 10-32mm, 20 piece set. Here's the link if they are of any use to you:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/p/air-...0&0&t5_142
Just realised they've gone up hugely in price, were roughly £18
Posts: 8,749
Threads: 208
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
60
Location: Wiltshire
Car Model/Spec: ph2 Gti6 / ph4 HDI Estate
I find these ones are quite good heavy duty and hard wearing
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!