Anyone fancy a crack?

Never heard of them..

[Image: a7uhu4ub.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
http://nega-stat.com/

2% is carbon fillament woven into the fabric, i assume the black lines are it..

inifinity are a plastics company. they hold patent on the PES, Polyethersulfone, which is basically resistant to everything from temperature to chemicals..

so its a proper work shirt
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Where do you work to need that lol?
Thanks given by:
anywhere with static sensitive things, and/or explosive material

we used to have something similar for when we worked with the hoppers full of plastic chips. the dust became explosive, one spark would have literally blown the silo up... resulting in a couple of hundred tonnes of plastic granules catching fire
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(26-06-2014, 04:22 PM)toseland Wrote: inifinity are a plastics company. they hold patent on the PES, Polyethersulfone, which is basically resistant to everything from temperature to chemicals..

I thought it was plastic, but couldn't imagine how a lab coat could be 98% plastic..

(26-06-2014, 04:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Where do you work to need that lol?
(26-06-2014, 06:12 PM)toseland Wrote: anywhere with static sensitive things, and/or explosive material

What he said. Angel
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Hmm, so you're a mad scientist now? lol
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 08:06 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, so you're a mad scientist now? lol

MWAHAHA!

Here's a picture of me at work:

[Image: busty_sexy_scientist.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Wow! You'll be distracting the guys.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 08:15 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Wow! You'll be distracting the guys.... Tongue

They love my milkshake.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's an antistatic work shirt, has a conductive matrix running through so you don't build up static.

Made by DuPont - pretty much make everything to do with fancy materials.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 08:35 AM)Ruan Wrote: Yeah, it's an antistatic work shirt, has a conductive matrix running through so you don't build up static.

Made by DuPont - pretty much make everything to do with fancy materials.

I knew you'd appear eventually. Blush
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
White only?
Thanks given by:
Your lab coat looks fancier than mine Sad

[attachment=17192]
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 10:15 AM)ozonehostile Wrote: Your lab coat looks fancier than mine Sad

Perk of the job. Wink
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
I don't get anything like that even though we make inductors, although not much static.
Thanks given by:
Did mummy write your name in it trent so that you dont get it muddled up with some one else after PE?

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 08:03 AM)silverzx Wrote:
(26-06-2014, 04:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Where do you work to need that lol?
(26-06-2014, 06:12 PM)toseland Wrote: anywhere with static sensitive things, and/or explosive material

What he said. Angel

Not true, I know people who work with explosive and their shirts don't have that.

(27-06-2014, 05:42 PM)puglove Wrote: Did mummy write your name in it trent so that you dont get it muddled up with some one else after PE?
Repped
Thanks given by:
Meant to say explosive environments, ie inside the plastic hoppers at a plastic factory.. near the MEK wash at work.. for that reason we needed static resistant shoes and this type of clothing. A static spark isn't going to cause detonation in an explosive like petn, but given the right quantity of flammable dust, and oxygen one spark and booooom.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
However they don't tend to wear them in bakeries and flour hanging in the air in the right quantities is still pretty explosive
Thanks given by:
Totally depends on the explosive, sparks don't necessarily mean instant boom, for example as said above, PETN needs a good amount of energy to make it release it's energy. Nitroglycerine one of the more powerful explosives you can even shove in a flame and it burns pretty normally, however shove a teensy blasting cap in one ka-f*cking-boom.

Bakeries aren't considered a massive risk due to good ventilation. A flour making plant however I'd expect they have pretty good anti-static precautions.

Computer components are the usual one, semiconductors are pretty sensitive to it, however even I can count the amount of components killed due to static. The answer is zero, the amount of components I've replaced for my work is somewhat high (consider that most machines I work on have 16 or 32 DIMMs in and usually there's over 100 machines in a typical cluster) - I spend a fair amount of time swapping out faulty DIMMs from the factory... Yet I've not ONCE killed one.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
I work in a bakery and like Ruan said, we have good ventilation. Theres also a new extractor system everywhere you might contact flour, so it doesnt linger in the air either Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 05:42 PM)puglove Wrote: Did mummy write your name in it trent so that you dont get it muddled up with some one else after PE?

Just seen this, no I wrote it! Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(27-06-2014, 07:35 PM)Ruan Wrote: Nitroglycerine one of the more powerful explosives you can even shove in a flame and it burns pretty normally, however shove a teensy blasting cap in one ka-f*cking-boom.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Here's some work pictures..

#GotBoost?
[Image: u7uqy2a4.jpg]

#ToolTesting
[Image: 3yvyte4y.jpg]
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…