exhaust gas recirculation Valve removal EGR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide: exhaust gas recirculation Valve removal EGR
(27-05-2013, 08:49 AM)Poodle Wrote: Just realised that top picture is mine lol.

Just so people don't misunderstand/believe Tom's remarks above:
Lower emissions does not mean greater efficiency, in fact it usually means the exact opposite.

Yeah because that makes sense...all the superminis making under 99 g/km CO2 and paying no road tax really rinse fuel......oh wait no they don't.

CO2 is produced by burning fuel, the more fuel you burn, the more CO2 is produced.

I'm not sure how that can be wrong?
Thanks given by:
(27-05-2013, 12:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah because that makes sense...all the superminis making under 99 g/km CO2 and paying no road tax really rinse fuel......oh wait no they don't.

CO2 is produced by burning fuel, the more fuel you burn, the more CO2 is produced.

I'm not sure how that can be wrong?

wikipedia Wrote:In diesel engines

By feeding the lower oxygen exhaust gas into the intake, diesel EGR systems lower combustion temperature, reducing emissions of NOx. This makes combustion less efficient, compromising economy and power. The normally "dry" intake system of a diesel engine is now subject to fouling from soot, unburned fuel and oil in the EGR bleed, which has little effect on airflow, however, when combined with oil vapour from a PCV system, can cause buildup of sticky tar in the intake manifold and valves. It can also cause problems with components such as swirl flaps, where fitted. Diesel EGR also increases soot production, though this was masked in the US by the simultaneous introduction of diesel particulate filters.[6] EGR systems can also add abrasive contaminants and increase engine oil acidity, which in turn can reduce engine longevity.[7]
Though engine manufacturers have refused to release details of the effect of EGR on fuel economy, the EPA regulations of 2002 that led to the introduction of cooled EGR were associated with a 3% drop in engine efficiency, bucking a trend of a .5% a year increase.[8]

Taken from wiki also a lot of the new super minis have small three cylinders engines.
Thanks given by:
cully, to do this i basicaly have to plate it and blank off the vac pipe behind servo, what exactly am i disconnecting then? is it the black and blue plug?
Thanks given by:
(23-05-2013, 08:37 PM)scottbmxer Wrote: any1 got a photo of how to do this on an xud?
(method 1,Disabling the vacuum line stopping the EGR from lifting)

bumpy
Thanks given by:
Step 1. See picture and explanation in original post
Step 2. Feel daft and vow to actually read threads before asking more q's

Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I have read the entire thread but still not sure how to do it on an xud!
Thanks given by:
Fair enough, you need to find the actuator, then disconnect and block the vac feed.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ordered a blanking plate today and gona blank it off Saturday, just wondering what the best stuff is to make some new gaskets and where I could get it?
Thanks given by:
can i use aluminium and thin gasket paper to blank off the gas line to inlet manifold
Thanks given by:
(18-08-2013, 01:11 PM)jays306 Wrote: can i use aluminium and thin gasket paper to blank off the gas line to inlet manifold

i think aluminium might be a bit soft and maybe melt if used on the exhust manafold end,
it will probably be ok for the inlet manafold end though as this don't get quite so hot
Thanks given by:
ive just blanked it off from the inlet as it was easy to access, do i need to blank off the exhaust side too?
Thanks given by:
You only have to blank the exhaust side if you're removing the system completely. If you're blanking, what you have done will be fine.
Thanks given by:
Nice 1 cheers :-)
Thanks given by:
I've always used cereal box gaskets, yet to have one spring a leak.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What harm would it do blanking it at the inlet manifold?
Thanks given by:
No harm at all. It's better for the engine to be running without a EGR system.

I disconnected the ERG system on my car a year or so after getting it, I bought mine new and I've done over 300k in it.
Thanks given by:
Im going to do it to a 307 136 Hdi, the problem is getting access to do it at the exhaust end
Thanks given by:
Whats the better method here 1 or 2..? Gonna do it on mines soon
Thanks given by:
2.is better as the valve could still leak or be stuck open .
Thanks given by:
think that clears it all up for me just buy the one plate for inlet from reading through this as im not removing the egr system so no need to blck exhaust side off, so the one piece ebay kit not two piece kit....
Thanks given by:
Another great guide cully, thanks
Thanks given by:
Is it really that easy lol and we're is er located in engine bay
Thanks given by:
Okay got an odd one here, just looked my hdi and pipe 1 on mine doesn't go to anything it's just dangling there. And I can't seem to find pipe 2?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds like someone's already de-egr'd yours then Kent.

(01-02-2014, 11:30 PM)camoturd Wrote: Is it really that easy lol and we're is er located in engine bay

There's some pictures in the first post, have a look at those.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ok hose 1 has came of turbo side on mine, that an issue?
Using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
Turbo side? That pipe goes no where near the turbo.

The previous owner might disabled the erg by removing that pipe off the solenoid. Not an issue.
Thanks given by:
This has no repercussions on the emissions test for the mot does it?
Thanks given by:
(19-06-2014, 02:14 PM)doogle-d turbo Wrote: This has no repercussions on the emissions test for the mot does it?

None at all
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
This may be a gimp question but if you blank the EGR from the inlet, do you still need to disconnect and plug the vacuum from the servo?
Thanks given by:
Technically no.but I would anyway. Ditch the whole system that wat
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: