Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Project Retirement Grease!
#1
For the last few weeks, I've been bulk filtering WVO given the huge abundance of the stuff at the moment. Running batches back to back was a lot more time efficient, and now means I don't have to deal with any greasy stuff to well into next year, depending on my right foot control.

So I have 6x 205L drums and various other containers, around 1500L total ready to use fuel. I've tack welded the drums so they can't slip. Storing all this oil vertically minimises the footprint taken up so I'm not wasting much precious garage space.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Special recipe consists of 80% WVO, 20% misfuel + 2EHN cetane booster all filtered to 1 micron.

Dispensing equipment, consisting of barrel pump, TAM105 pump, 1 micron filter, flow meter and then dispensing gun. The barrel pump is only used to initially prime the 105, as it's a syphon pump the 105 pulls oil through it no problem.

[Image: 2.jpg]

....the flow meter was the only purchase, the rest came off the processor which I've packed away until next year.

Ahhh, luxury, no more messing around with containers, a full tank takes around 90 seconds.

[Image: 3.jpg]


Now I'm going to get the garage cleared and the floor thoroughly degreased, ready for some proper spannering over the summer Smile Should the zombie apocalypse come I'll also be ready.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
#2
I dont have an xud but if i did i would be soooo jealous of that.
Top work
#3
Hahah brilliant, fair play!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#4
That looks ace...nice job
Wishes for more power...
#5
That's amazing, but you need a Texaco sign to stick on the barrels!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#6
That's impressive!

Are you allowed to store that much fuel in your garage though? I know there's a limit on petrol and diesel lol.

Also, I take it missfuel is petrol mixed with diesel? How do you get 300 litres of that? How many people are too daft to know which fuel their car takes? lol
#7
Most of it's veg oil though so you could argue it's just food stuffs?
Very impressive though Smile
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#8
You can store as much veg as you want no law against it. Smile
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#9
That's good work mate Smile
#10
Absolutely epic!

Misfuel is the way to go in small quantities!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#11
(05-06-2014, 08:04 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How many people are too daft to know which fuel their car takes? lol

Greenflag states that every 4 minutes somebody puts the wrong fuel in their car Big Grin
#12
(05-06-2014, 10:09 AM)Strikeforce Wrote:
(05-06-2014, 08:04 AM)Toms306 Wrote: How many people are too daft to know which fuel their car takes? lol

Greenflag states that every 4 minutes somebody puts the wrong fuel in their car Big Grin

I can believe that. Awful lot of fucktards around these days.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#13
Absolutely epic, very impressive setup there. Enough fuel for a fair ole while
#14
Aren't the hoses are the wrong size or something, to try and prevent mi-fuel accidents.

My mate once put a gallon of petrol in our Diesel 205 by accident, think we'd been caining it too hard the previous weekend so were pretty zombified.
#15
That's awesome!

Misfuelling is more common than you'd think. I used to work at a recovery place and they'd be siphoning a car most days.
#16
(05-06-2014, 10:55 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: Aren't the hoses are the wrong size or something, to try and prevent mi-fuel accidents.

My mate once put a gallon of petrol in our Diesel 205 by accident, think we'd been caining it too hard the previous weekend so were pretty zombified.

Yeh the nozzles are different. but it only stops you doing it one way. You can put petrol in a diesel but i think it stops you putting diesel in a petrol.
#17
Nice setup, the Tam105 is a great little pump Smile I'm planning on hoarding it over the warmer months.
#18
Bet that beats lumping 20/25 liter drums around, has the filler pump thing got an auto switch off to save you over filling? And we're did you get that amount of oil from? Wish I had that much stock piled ready to go Wink



#19
must be pretty clean oil in the first place to go straight through a 1micron filter...that thing be clogging fast!
Wishes for more power...
#20
(05-06-2014, 11:07 AM)Curt Wrote: That's awesome!

Misfuelling is more common than you'd think. I used to work at a recovery place and they'd be siphoning a car most days.

Thats reminded me of my first job on Work Experience at Honda back in '07.... was hand-syphoning a brand new Diesel Accord full of petrol. Took ages lol.

I just don't see how its done so often. It even says 'diesel' on the filler flap of most diesels. Plus as others have said, the diesel pump nozzle is bigger so you cant stick diesel in a petrol. And a lot of new diesels have 'smart fillers' to stop petrol somehow (not looked into it but I know newer Fords have this).

I've had many cars, both petrol and diesel now and not managed to get it wrong yet! Confused
#21
When i owned 2 cars 1 pertrol 1 derv i did find myself reaching for the wrong pump a couple of times but managed to realise in time
Its probably alot more common in familys with multiple cars
#22
Cheers guys,

If I understand SEPA correctly they will allow up to 2,500 litres of cooking oil to be stored at a private residence. However strictly speaking they may ask for bunds to be used with containers over 200L (205L drums hmmmmm).

As for the misfuel, I go to a local recovery place and the chap is delighted I'm taking it away for free (£50 a drum normally). He'll have anywhere between 200 and 600 litres to dispose of, misfuelling is very common indeed. He is meant to dispose of it "properly" by a certified company, but that's his problem and it can't come back on me. Likewise I never carry more than 5L in the back of my car, so I collect with lots of trips Wink It's amazing to think that 300L cost some poor suckers the best part of £400.

The fuel is already filtered to 1 micron, but the misfuel does all the work, the rubbish all drops out leaving nothing for the filter. I did this entire 1500L batch with a single 10" 1 micron element which had plenty of life left in it yet. 24-48 hours cold settling is all it needs. If the oil is a bit sludgy I give it a heat before blending.

I had considered an auto-shutoff, but I had a normal type one already. You can tell it's nearly full as it stops gurgling when it's the downpipe filling up, giving you a few seconds to shut it off, so no big deal.

Also stops nosey neighbours watching you fill a car from containers, who automatically assume your a tax dodging criminal.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
#23
Sweet set up!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)