Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Nightbreakers
#1
Thinking of changing the:

Dipped/Low Beams (H7)
Main/High Beams (H7)
Fogs (H1)
Side/Parking (W5W)

Upgrading to all OSRAM Night Breakers?

Anyone done this or any votes for/against?

Ty for reading Smile
#2
Fogs are pointless IMHO, dont do bugger all in the fog no matter what bulb is in there

Get some nice LED sides, about £2 inc postage for decent ones.

And a BIG thumbs up for them Nightbreakers in the headlights. Big difference. Just make sure you get the "plus" bulbs ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
#3
What about unlimited?
#4
(02-06-2014, 09:23 AM)FXZ Steve Wrote: What about unlimited?

Im thinking of getting these, have you thought about changing the side lights too?
[Image: e0d4ac7c-727f-46a8-ae0c-d4a324a8a667_zpsyn3ibroz.jpg]
#5
Nightbreakers die very quickly in my experience. Personally I'd stump up the extra few quid for Philips extreme power.

Also, I think the fits are pretty useful, personally, driving over the moors where its foggy a lot of the time, they helped me massively.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#6
Another vote for nightbreakers here, used them for a good few years now, never really had much of a problem with them dying quickly. I used them all round on the dt, although the fogs were wired with the "fogs on high beam" mod, so they were used fairly regularly. Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#7
There's osram sidelights coming free with the night breakers too which making it that little but now appealing Tongue? Not sure.. I'll have a check through more reviews when I get out of work Smile cheers for the replies guys, if anyone has anymore pros/cons then please work away Smile
#8
Nightbreakers have NEVER failed for me.

Got a set of H4s I bought 6yrs ago for the ph1...they are now working in the mrs NAD
Wishes for more power...
#9
It's looking promising for the NB's Smile
#10
That's really odd, because my Xtreme power bulbs that I fitted aaaages ago are still going, but I've gone through about 4 nightbreakers in 2 years :/
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#11
Another vote for nightbreakers here. Also never blown a set! In fact, if they survived the post, the ones in the angels I sold to Wingnuts are about 3 years old now...
#12
Night breakers are fantastic but i would say Phillips blue visions are just that bit better and have a 12 month warranty
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#13
I run osram nightbreakers in my ph.1 and they made a huuuuuuuge difference over the previous generic bulbs.
They made bad phase 1 lights acceptably good, which is quite an achievement.

I have heard good things about the philips bulbs as well though, tbh all the high end bulbs get good reviews. The nightbreakers are good value for money though IMO my set were 11 pounds or something.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#14
(02-06-2014, 03:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Another vote for nightbreakers here. Also never blown a set! In fact, if they survived the post, the ones in the angels I sold to Wingnuts are about 3 years old now...

Yep, they survived postage, all work a treat. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#15
Cool. No idea what Kez must be doing to his then! lol
#16
Nightbreakers purchased guys Smile came with free OSRAM sidelights too..
#17
Also used nighbreakers i think they're awesome!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#18
Just put a set in the Benz, massive improvement, which is important because even phase 1 306 headlamps are far better than the candles on a 190E...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
#19
Cant wait to get these fitted now Smile thanks for all the help guys!
#20
Never had trouble with my nightbreakers but I can never make led sidelights last they always melt in the light casing ;/
'01 Astor Grey HDi DTurbo 3 Door - Current/Daily/Does Everything I ask of it

Team disASTOR? Itwasntme

#21
Hmm thanks for the tip mate I'll keep an eye on them
#22
Sorry so what fitment are phase 1 head light bulbs?

H4 main?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#23
Got nightbreakers in the van. Good improvement over standard but not as good as hids imo
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
#24
(03-06-2014, 11:58 AM)Pete Wrote: Got nightbreakers in the van. Good improvement over standard but not as good as hids imo

I've had HID's fail on me twice in the 205 in the space of a year.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#25
Not sure about phase one mate, phase three is H7 fitment , go onto powerbulbs.com and it'll tell you the right fitment Smile
#26
(02-06-2014, 04:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Cool. No idea what Kez must be doing to his then! lol

Might be an idea to clean up and take the paint off his earths perhaps?

(03-06-2014, 11:45 AM)silverzx Wrote: Sorry so what fitment are phase 1 head light bulbs?

H4 main?
It depends if you have twin-optic headlamps or single optics on your phase 1.

Are your mains separate bulbs? When you turn mains on it is a different bulb producing the light from next to the dipped? If so, twin-topic.
If not, it is one bulb for dipped and main.

Follow the advice in this thread:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7461.htm...ulbs+phase
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
#27
(03-06-2014, 12:25 PM)RetroPug Wrote: It depends if you have twin-optic headlamps or single optics on your phase 1.

Are your mains separate bulbs? When you turn mains on it is a different bulb producing the light from next to the dipped? If so, twin-topic.
If not, it is one bulb for dipped and main.

Follow the advice in this thread:
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7461.htm...ulbs+phase

Ideal, cheers!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#28
(03-06-2014, 12:05 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(03-06-2014, 11:58 AM)Pete Wrote: Got nightbreakers in the van. Good improvement over standard but not as good as hids imo

I've had HID's fail on me twice in the 205 in the space of a year.

Gotta be honest my last few sets have broke on me aswell, hence the Nightbreakers. Still prefer the light HID's throw out though thats what I meant Smile
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
#29
I've read how good they were on here before and thought I'd splash out on a set.
Best I've ever bought


Without a doubt


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)