Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Flat Seat, Tapered or Both?
#1
Evening all!

I've got a set of pug wheels for my HDi, but I'm having some issues with fitting.

I have a f*ck-ton of bolts, of varying lengths and styles, and some taper-to-flat-seat washers, however these are too big for the bolt holes and as such would need machining down (or I'll have to buy a set of extended, flat seat bolts)

This is fine, and I can sort that, but while I was test-fitting the wheels, I noticed that the bolt holes aren't parallel, they clearly have some degree of taper in them. Now, is this just a lead-in, or will they take tapered bolts, potentially? They have got a flat surface around the bolt holes, so they will certainly work with flat-seat bolts, but it'd make my life easier if they'd go in with tapers.

So any ideas? For example, does anyone know if there is any taper in cyclone (or any other peugeot wheels) bolt holes, or if they are completely parallel.

Cheers 'en
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#2
Which wheels are they??
Wishes for more power...
#3
I think speedlines have a slight taper in tbe
them
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#4
But they only take flat-seat bolts, yeah?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#5
clones only take flat seat bolts
newer clones are counterbored to take the larger sholdered bolts that are duel purpose for the steel spare which uses the taper shulder to fix them
#6
But the holes are parallel without a lead-in?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#7
take a picture lets have a look Wink
#8
I tried, you can't see shite from the pictures really, it's just a hole Tongue

They're 405 Mi16 alloys, SMR jobbies. I'd like to have them on for FCS, but not going to pay over the odds to do so!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#9
My flat seated airaines have tapered nuts in whistle
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#10
Orly?!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#11
Ya rly, only been 3/4 years in my ownership. Never had a problem. I will however be getting some adaptor washers when I put my new ones on
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#12
Hmmmmmmmm.....very tempted to just try it out. Only problem I have is that I'll have to swap my current tyres over, so it's an all or nothing deal.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#13
Flat seat bolts is all you need, f*ck bodging it with the wrong bolts, thats suicide.
#14
I run the those wheels, as welshpug says flat seat bolts
#15
Balls, never mind then.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#16
Do you need a set of tapered matey?

Might be able to source a set for you ...
#17
Nah the problem is I have a shed load of tapered bolts, and a full set of taper-to-cyclone converter washers but they don't fit in the bolt holes of these. I have access to a lather when I get back to Birmingham, but was hoping to get them fitted while I was in Cornwall, as then I don't have to drag two sets of wheels back to brum.

So essentially, I either need a full set of extended flat seated bolts (which are $ra*e.99 on eBay) or some different conversion washers.
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#18
When I said tapered, I actually meant flat seated :p

I'll have a dig around today anyway
#19
Haha, okay, well I'm running 15mm spacers at the moment, so if you have anything to suit that'd be awesome! If I do come grab 'em I can lend you a hand for a bit if you do decide to rebuild your engine Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
#20
kez have you a 1 std steel rim tapered bolt if so chuck it in the car for FCS Ive lost one Big Grinoh!
trade you Wink
#21
Urm, send me a photo? I've got a really crazy collection of odd bolts Tongue how long is the threaded part?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)