Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best way to get inner bearingis into beam?
#1
What is the best way to get the inner smaller bearings into a beam without making sh1t of them?

Is the 35mm socket and hammer way a bit risky?[/b]

                                                      HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
#2
Aslong as your pressing against the outside of the bearing you should be fine. Any pressure on the inside of the bearing is when damage gets caused. Bit of lube to help it slide in will help.

Ive never done it so im not speaking from experience.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
#3
you need something that is a slide fit in the beam tube, as large as possible a diameter, a 35mm socket isn't ideal as it has a chamfer which will fold over the edge of the bearing.

the ideal tool is the Citroen original toolkit Wink


no need for lube around them, but you do need to pack the bearing thoroughly before installing them.
#4
(23-04-2014, 01:50 PM)welshpug Wrote: you need something that is a slide fit in the beam tube, as large as possible a diameter, a 35mm socket isn't ideal as it has a chamfer which will fold over the edge of the bearing.

the ideal tool is the Citroen original toolkit Wink


no need for lube around them, but you do need to pack the bearing thoroughly before installing them.
Cheers

Hubnut socket not be alryt as theres no chamfer?

                                                      HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
#5
not seen one ever without a chamfer or big enough.
#6
If you've nothing proper to do the job, an old trailing arm shaft (thicker end) works well
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
#7
Old trailing arm.shaft FTW
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#8
Dont mean to brag but weve got the genuine peugeot axle kit at work and it makes life so easy.
We used to be a peugeot specialist and have all the special tools
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#9
I've got the Citroen one Tongue

god knows what some of it does though, never got hold of the instructions lol
#10
Our instructions got lost too probably back along when the old beys used to repair 205/309 axles.
We've worked out what does what though
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
#11
Either one of you guys near ipswich then so I can borrow the drift Wink
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#12
nope, but you can buy an axle off me Tongue
#13
Thanks. Mite give the shafts a go, there a couple mil too thin tho.

                                                      HDI D'Turbo Daily Driver ---- XUD D'Turbo Project
#14
Photos of the genuine Peugeot/Citron kit?
#15
I've already got two I'm rebuilding myself I don't need a third I used to have access to the tools working for peugeot but I left
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#16
is there any way of greasing these bearings?? like a grease nipple or summut??
#17
I've heard of people tapping a grease nipple into the beam on the 205gtidrivers forum with varying success. I would just make sure they are well lubricated before they go in and you should be fine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
#18
just grease them well when fitting, then fit new bearings a few years down the line.

grease nipples dont work.
#19
(23-04-2014, 08:54 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Photos of the genuine Peugeot/Citron kit?

What he said^^^^^^


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)