Posts: 74
Threads: 14
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: yeovil
Car Model/Spec: 306 estate hdi
10-03-2014, 02:50 PM
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 02:50 PM by nath86.)
Iv bought the blanking kit to completely remove my egr valve as mine is currently leaking, my questions are, has anyone done this? As i have been told that you have to unbolt the cambelt side engine mount and move the engine forward to gain enough access to the egr, if that's the case what else needs to be moved / unbolted so its not broken and was the engine moved using an engine crane or a trolley jack from underneath?
Need to know any other information if anyone can help me?! even if its another way, as I'm going to attempt it soon so anything is appreciated as I know its going to be a pita!!! And there's not a lot of guides out there on the net to completely remove it but loads to just unplug it
Posts: 74
Threads: 14
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: yeovil
Car Model/Spec: 306 estate hdi
Cheers poodle! I guess I shud sign up to see these guides, how long did it take you to do it?
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
It took me a while as it was one of the first mechanical jobs I ever did and I removed the whole lot rather than just blanking the inlet. I don't know how mechanically experienced you are, but I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple of hours. Wr
Posts: 74
Threads: 14
Joined: Jan 2014
Location: yeovil
Car Model/Spec: 306 estate hdi
11-03-2014, 03:45 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2014, 04:09 PM by nath86.)
(11-03-2014, 02:26 PM)Poodle Wrote: It took me a while as it was one of the first mechanical jobs I ever did and I removed the whole lot rather than just blanking the inlet. I don't know how mechanically experienced you are, but I wouldn't expect it to take more than a couple of hours. Wr
I used to be a vehicle strip / fit tech in a body shop and have changed engines in a couple cars but I mainly just do basic stuff like brakes and servicing on my cars now and most hard to do things I usually take to my trusty mechanic but I'm willing to take the whole egr system out myself to try save some money as I got to tax it end of month.
When you did it poodle did you have to move anything out the way like disconnect the downpipe or move the header tank above the rad to move the engine enough to gain good access down the back
Also looks like the pas and alternator are not going to let the engine move forward much at all