Parking Eye issued a "fine"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parking Eye issued a "fine"
To pay or not to pay; this is the question.

A letter from parkingeye to pay a notice issued for 30 minutes in a car park for £60.

Done some reading online but never know what to believe.

Anyone got any decent advice ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Sorry im not familiar with Parkingeye. Is this a local car park or what? Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:19 PM)SRowell Wrote: Sorry im not familiar with Parkingeye. Is this a local car park or what? Smile

Erm they work nationally; and this was issued in southampton; i dont THINK it's a lcoal car park...
Thanks given by:
Private company, tell em to fuuuu
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:23 PM)Matt Wrote: Private company, tell em to fuuuu

Apparently this is 'old news' ???

And reading that they can pass on the claim and result in CCJ's ???
Thanks given by:
Ignore it, Had one 2 years ago & one around 8 months ago.
I also read up/watched Watch Dog regarding it, They sent 3 letters withing 2/3 weeks I just ignored it..
Aint heard nothing since.
They send you a picture??
Chris
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:30 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Ignore it, Had one 2 years ago & one around 8 months ago.
I also read up/watched Watch Dog regarding it, They sent 3 letters withing 2/3 weeks I just ignored it..
Chris

Yes they've sent a picture... does that make a difference.

Heard nothing at all; not even bumps, pushy letters? How long were you over staying?
Thanks given by:
in the bin it goes!
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:30 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Ignore it, Had one 2 years ago & one around 8 months ago.
Chris

Wrong! Parking eye is the ONLY company you do not ignore now. They are the only ones who are stupid enough to take you to court and although they will not win, its a hell of a lot of hassle.
Write an appeal letter to them stating that you do not believe the PCN (don't call it a fine, its not a fine. Its merely an invoice inviting you to give them money) cost reflects the revenue lost by the company who owns the car park.
Also ask them for calibration proof of the ANPR used in and out of the car park for you for that day (assuming thats how they got you?) and also, a copy of the written request from the land owner that they wish parking eye to manage their land.

If they can supply you with all of this (which they won't), then you get a POPLA code (search POPLA and read the process) and they will take a look at it and basically say, piss off parking eye, this is not worth £60. Your fine is invalid.

Chances are though after your letter requesting proof etc, they will just write back saying they are dropping the fine.

Edit: Just for everyone else, all other companies can be ignored providing they are directly corresponding with you. I've been stung with this with my work car as its registered under the lease companies name. Thankfully i emailed Euro car parks telling them i was the driver and to correspond with me from now on and haven't heard from them since Big Grin

Edit again: And how do i know all this? I get these fines all the time. If I'm honest, I'm a wanker when it comes to parking and working in central London every day, i take every opportunity possible to park on private land....unless its managed by parking eye.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Did it say fine on it at all or was it a 'speculative invoice'?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads...ou.185727/
http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/show...g-Eye-fine
http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/show...arking-Eye

However in other pages it suggests the law has changed so that their fines do apply :/. Confused!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...715&page=4

EDIT: Id go with what Niall said. I can vouch that he is a wanker and is highly likely to park like one too Tongue
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:32 PM)ginge191 Wrote:
Chris

Yes they've sent a picture... does that make a difference.

Heard nothing at all; not even bumps, pushy letters? How long were you over staying?
Nothing at all honest..
1st one was Aldi Cornwall 2 years ago, 4 hours over stay.
2nd was a old Netto car park in Wolverhampton, 1 hour over stay.
Chris.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:47 PM)SRowell Wrote: Did it say fine on it at all or was it a 'speculative invoice'?

http://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads...ou.185727/
http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/show...g-Eye-fine
http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/show...arking-Eye

However in other pages it suggests the law has changed so that their fines do apply :/. Confused!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/show...715&page=4

Sam the only way these invoices can be legally enforced is if parking companies can prove that the revenue lost because of you not moving before you should of done which they just can't because the costs are well over!

If it says fine anywhere on that bit of paper, then they have automatically f*cked them self in the arse as its not a fine and is impersonating a real fine which isn't legal so not only will it not be enforceable but also they will get f*cked by the long arm of the law.

Edit: This is a fantastic website for help related to each company!

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I'm not entirely in agreement with the above posts as I had a 'parking charge' from them ages ago and did ALOT of research on them.

If you read it carefully, it's a CHARGE not a fine or fixed penalty.

DO NOT PAY IT.

Their procedure is 2 letters then you'll hear no more from them, I'm talking from experience as I got one at a 306oc meet!

They're worded very carefully to make you think you're in big trouble, when if you read it properly there are plenty of loopholes!
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:52 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I'm not entirely in agreement with the above posts as I had a 'parking charge' from them ages ago and did ALOT of research on them.

DO NOT PAY IT.

Their procedure is 2 letters then you'll hear no more from them, I'm talking from experience as I got one at a 306oc meet!

They're worded very carefully to make you think you're in big trouble, when if you read it properly there are plenty of loopholes!

And so if i was to reply; as niall suggests, would that leave me in agreement to the charge/fine?
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:52 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: I'm not entirely in agreement with the above posts as I had a 'parking charge' from them ages ago and did ALOT of research on them.

DO NOT PAY IT.

Thats why mate. Its only recently that they have started taking every single non payer to court at extreme cost to them selves.
A year ago i would of agreed with you and with any other company i would as well. Just not these guys
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
As above Niall, Not sure if its changed recently but mine were 2 years & 8 months ago..
It was only on Watchdog last year Iirc too regarding it.
Chris.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:54 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

DO NOT PAY IT.

And so if i was to reply; as niall suggests, would that leave me in agreement to the charge/fine?

I'm not sure if Niall has said they've changed now, but if you acknowledge it I'm sure that would leave you liable to more than if you ignored it.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 07:54 PM)ginge191 Wrote:

DO NOT PAY IT.

No. Parking fines are just not enforceable (unless they are police/council of course). The criteria these companies have to meet to make them enforceable in court are so tight that it wouldn't be worth them trading. They purely exist to take money from people who don't know better.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My boss's daughter was taken to court over one of these just before Christmas, I'd pay it and avoid what could be a potential headache
Thanks given by:
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=87268

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=88604

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=88626

Just a few for you to browse.

(10-03-2014, 08:02 PM)306Dan Wrote: My boss's daughter was taken to court over one of these just before Christmas, I'd pay it and avoid what could be a potential headache

Don't pay it. Just argue it. Ginge will win it with a few very simple letters!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I think she made the mistake of admitting it or something daft
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:06 PM)306Dan Wrote: I think she made the mistake of admitting it or something daft

Tbh you could admit it and write it on a letter covered in dog shit and they still couldn't enforce it. Wouldn't make your life any easier though!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
If at any point they refer to it as a Penalty Charge Notice or any other name that can be abbreviated to PCN they themselves are committing a criminal offence under some kind of misrepresentation law as that term and abbriveiation is set aside by law for use by police and councils only. If while trying to 'enforce' the tickets validity against you they commit this offence their case automatically collapses
Thanks given by:
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php...728&page=2

They took a bloke to court on the 205 forum
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:16 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php...728&page=2

They took a bloke to court on the 205 forum

Have you actually read that?

It was a matter of letters; not a "court" as such..
Thanks given by:
I skim read it ages ago, probably misread a lot of things.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:30 PM)Paul_13 Wrote: I skim read it ages ago, probably misread a lot of things.

Was going to say; short of the long; they received his defence and agreed on a £50 charge, he denied it, said he'd go to court on the grounds the charge didnt represent the revenue loss; heard nothing back
Thanks given by:
Parking eye is a load of shit.

there was an artical in a newspaper the other week, which was titled "Lawyers urge motorists not to pay Parking Charge Notices from third party companies" or some shit like that. due to the insane legal costs and time wasting.

They are out to prey on the stupid. (maybe that's a bit harsh but it gets the point across)
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
I got one of these a couple of years ago, the catch was I was in a hire car so Hertz paid it straight away adding the bill to my car immediately. This is illegal and just corrupt, but it's so hard to fight them I've half given up. Although you have years to argue things like this so I might still get that letter sent off Smile

www.pepipoo.com Is the website to go read for this stuff.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 08:42 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: I got one of these a couple of years ago, the catch was I was in a hire car so Hertz paid it straight away adding the bill to my car immediately. This is illegal and just corrupt, but it's so hard to fight them I've half given up. Although you have years to argue things like this so I might still get that letter sent off Smile

www.pepipoo.com Is the website to go read for this stuff.

Its not hard to fight them at all. As others have said, they make everything look official and scary to scaremonger people into paying.

Its only difficult if you follow their instructions and pay then appeal for your money back. Just don't pay is the simple way but also don't ignore.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  epic parking fail :( daniel909 25 4,457 08-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Last Post: toseland
  First Parking Fine! Toms306 31 9,385 10-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Last Post: procta
  Residential parking cost Orta 16 3,664 30-12-2014, 06:56 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam