K14 laggy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
K14 laggy
Don't know what other people's experience is with the k14 but mine just feels really laggy like.not getting.to full boost till 2900rpm and no boost at all before 2000 like boost gauge doesn't move maybe it's normal just would like to know what other people have experienced
Thanks given by:
Probably have a boost leak.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
2900!, my tdo4 was pulling 40psi before 2500rpm

As Tom says got to be a boost leak
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
You say boost leak...

I'm running a K14 at 22 psi and mine pulls hard at about 3k. Boost gauge begins to move about 1800 rpm though. No boost leaks, regular services and maintenance etc.

If you're running a Lucas it's because they have to gather enough exhaust pressure to spool the turbo via the over fuelling, so i get loads of smoke, then hits 2.5-3k and it takes off.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
Air filter...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 03:38 PM)Ruan Wrote: Air filter...

i meant superchrage
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
I've got a bosch with ground lda small amount off boost smoke average on boost smoke I will be fmicing poss this weekend so any boost leaks will be rectified
Thanks given by:
There shouldnt be any on boost smoke. Makes it look broken and your just melting everything. Should be a haze at the most, never understood why anyone thinks coaling all the time is awesome, its absolutely horrid when someone in front of you does it, everyone in your cars choking and shit!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 05:19 PM)Tom Wrote: There shouldnt be any on boost smoke. Makes it look broken and your just melting everything. Should be a haze at the most, never understood why anyone thinks coaling all the time is awesome, its absolutely horrid when someone in front of you does it, everyone in your cars choking and shit!

Are you not mistaking a stage 1 on an XUD for a map on a HDi?

Most Lucas set ups smoke as standard no matter what you do to them. My d turbo smokes off boost, most XUD do. Even when on boost it smokes a little. Bosch pumps smoke a little less. But it's an old design engine with no electronics.

I've seen mapped HDi's smoke a fair bit too.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Mines got abit much smoke I'll admit that I've reduced off boost smoke when I put my ground lda but it does sound a little boost leaky
Thanks given by:
What's the best way to check for leaks in the standard set up?
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 05:27 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 05:19 PM)Tom Wrote: There shouldnt be any on boost smoke. Makes it look broken and your just melting everything. Should be a haze at the most, never understood why anyone thinks coaling all the time is awesome, its absolutely horrid when someone in front of you does it, everyone in your cars choking and shit!

Most Lucas set ups smoke as standard no matter what you do to them. My d turbo smokes off boost, most XUD do. Even when on boost it smokes a little. Bosch pumps smoke a little less. But it's an old design engine with no electronics.

you shouldn't be coaling on boost . . . .as said maybe a slight haze but no more and no need either, just badly set up if it does . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Those hdis that coal are just f*cked. It should be as near to clean as possible otherwise you look stupid and your likely to melt your turbine off lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 06:52 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(23-02-2014, 05:27 PM)ADV_93 Wrote:

you shouldn't be coaling on boost . . . .as said maybe a slight haze but no more and no need either, just badly set up if it does . .Smile

Notice how i said "smokes a little" Tongue

It's barely a haze to be honest, the boost cleans almost all the smoke up. The car's nippy so i can't say it's bad at all.

(23-02-2014, 07:53 PM)Tom Wrote: Those hdis that coal are just f*cked. It should be as near to clean as possible otherwise you look stupid and your likely to melt your turbine off lol

To a degree, a straight pipe helps to keep the EGT's down tbh
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
Right so on the drive to work this morning I've paid attention to when I get smoke it's more at around 5-8psi when it's on full boost full throttle there is the most tiny hint of smoke how can I reduce this low boost/off boost smoke?
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 08:18 AM)sherman306 Wrote: Right so on the drive to work this morning I've paid attention to when I get smoke it's more at around 5-8psi when it's on full boost full throttle there is the most tiny hint of smoke how can I reduce this low boost/off boost smoke?

fit a ground lda pin and control your right foot, don't just mash it into the carpet . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Ground lda done haha and yeah just find myself changing gear alot to try and keep in boost away from smoke
Thanks given by:
Are you running a top mount? Only places they will leak really is D seal (common), pipe split off the turbo or inlet gasket blown.
Thanks given by:
Yeah tmic for now
Thanks given by:
I barely ever floor the car straight away, usually up the revs slowly with my right foot, then when the revs hit around 2.7/2.8 give it a foot full, gives you the best pre-spool
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Thanks given by:
I'm guna try bringing my max fuel down slowly over the next few days see what happens
Thanks given by: