Motorway police...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorway police...
Pulled onto the motorway today on the way to work, folk going about 60mph in the inside and middle lanes. Sat in the middle until PC Plod in his Insignia VXR had passed me on the outside lane, before moving out to overtake the slower moving traffic.

Moved back into the middle after the overtake, and was preparing to move back into the inside ready for the next junction which I was to take (its only between two junctions that I need to use the motorway). No sooner than I could check it was clear and the copper has braked, pulled in behind me and has his lights on

I pull over and he puts me in the back of his car and tries telling me that what I did was dangerous driving, ie sitting in the middle lane with him next to me because he couldn't see me, and that the middle and outside lanes are for overtaking only. To which I replied he shouldnt move lanes before checking his blind spot anyway and that I was planning to move into the inside to get off anyway! Plus he had been in that lane for at least 2 miles, thought it was for overtaking only officer?

He then tried to accuse me of planning to UNDERTAKE him which I told him was the most stupid accusation I'd ever heard a policeman make, before he began spouting the 'you do not have to say anything...' b*llocks and giving me a caution and a summons.

After I had finally got my word in he began to back off slightly, until he thought hed have a look round my car and pick out what he could. Tinted back lights and my exhaust were first on the list, plus front window tints. Never had any trouble off any police for these before when I've been pulled before

Told me if i produce my license, MOT etc at the station within 7 days and get the vehicle fault thingy stamped (Ill just get a friend at a garage to do it without touching the car) within 14 days then I wont be summonsed but I cant help but think I didnt actually do anything wrong and he was a complete t*sspot

Sorry fancied a rant
Thanks given by:
It's because some police men/women think there above the law Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a prick! haha
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
f*cking lady gardens lad lot of em least you stood your ground!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Get ready for the forum police Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hes obviously not getting any cock / getting an unwanted cock shafting off someone than bigger than him, wouldn't worry about it.

Hope you were being nice and polite and all that, if you wanna complain its pretty easy especially as a traffic car will probably have cameras in the back, did you get his shoulder number.

Oh your front tints are probably illegal though because as standard factory glass is very nearly at the legal limit so any tinting film over the top tends to push them over the limit. Did he just decide they were illegal or did he use the proper measuring device?
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 11:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Hes obviously not getting any cock / getting an unwanted cock shafting off someone than bigger than him, wouldn't worry about it.

Hope you were being nice and polite and all that, if you wanna complain its pretty easy especially as a traffic car will probably have cameras in the back, did you get his shoulder number.

Oh your front tints are probably illegal though because as standard factory glass is very nearly at the legal limit so any tinting film over the top tends to push them over the limit. Did he just decide they were illegal or did he use the proper measuring device?

I was polite until he started dictating the situation to me and presenting it incorrectly at which point I lost my sh*t. No time for power trippers

Also he was wanting to show me the video recording until I pointed out he was speeding. He suddenly didnt want to show me the tape and said 'If you want to see it, then you can go to court and see it'

He decided they were illegal on the spot, but in fairness they probably are, as is my full straight exhaust but I have a feeling he only picked on these due to his inital point of 'dangerous driving' withering away and he needed a reason to waste half an hour on the M1 hardshoulder!
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 11:48 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Oh your front tints are probably illegal though because as standard factory glass is very nearly at the legal limit so any tinting film over the top tends to push them over the limit. Did he just decide they were illegal or did he use the proper measuring device?

I was about to make this point, tinting the front windows these days is just asking for trouble IMO, because, as Dum-Dum has just pointed out, the standard windows are tinted anyway, so anything more is too dark. Tbh, i quite agree with it, having had friends in the past with heavily tinted windows, it is almost impossible to see anything out of them at night.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 11:51 PM)rtha6551 Wrote: I was polite until he started dictating the situation to me and presenting it incorrectly at which point I lost my sh*t. No time for power trippers
No time for power trippers? So by arguing with him rather than just a simple "yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir" you have probably dragged the whole thing out. Also have you heard of a theory called 'Betari's box' cos it'll make you realise you have probably both wound each other up.

(02-01-2014, 11:51 PM)rtha6551 Wrote: Also he was wanting to show me the video recording until I pointed out he was speeding. He suddenly didnt want to show me the tape and said 'If you want to see it, then you can go to court and see it'
His speeding doesn't matter, Police officers have an exemption in law from many traffic rules including speeding if its for a policing purpose.

(02-01-2014, 11:51 PM)rtha6551 Wrote: He decided they were illegal on the spot, but in fairness they probably are, as is my full straight exhaust but I have a feeling he only picked on these due to his inital point of 'dangerous driving' withering away and he needed a reason to waste half an hour on the M1 hardshoulder!
Dangerous is a funny one, the level can actually be quite low for what we all consider to be a fairly serious offence (on the traffic scale of things anyway). Have a read here http://www.cps.gov.uk/news/fact_sheets/d...s_driving/
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2014, 11:41 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: f*cking lady gardens lad lot of em least you stood your ground!

This is the attitude that a lot seem to have, and it's always the people that think they've had an arsehole or been unfairly treated. It's all down to your response and how you deal with it.

If you're an arse, you're asking for it IMO. (I'm not saying anybody has been...). All the police I've ever had to deal with have been perfectly nice, and I've never had a problem. This includes when I got pulled for illegal tints years ago, and when I had a load of drunken mates all over/around my car (including beer bottles all over the roof) in a carpark once, as I was being driver. Polite explanation and they were on their way, and said all they were doing was making sure it was mine and it wasn't being vandalised.

Sometimes it can be an inconvenience yes, and I'm sure there are some that do take the piss. But I still think how you react to it plays a massive part in how you're treated.
Thanks given by:
Basically if someone disrespects me or belittles me like I feel he did, then I won't respect them especially if its a copper

I've had some brilliant ones and some w*nkers, but why should I shut up and take it up the arse and let him continue believing he is larger than life and above me. He's still just a human in a fancy vest
Thanks given by:
^^^^ What Curt said.

I'd be willing to wager that I used to get stopped more than pretty much anyone else on this forum (like 3 times a day) when I was younger but never had any real trouble with police, nothing that wasn't understandable and I've looked down the barrel of a MP5, been cuffed, searched the whole lot.

(03-01-2014, 12:37 AM)rtha6551 Wrote: why should I shut up and take it up the arse and let him continue believing he is larger than life and above me. He's still just a human in a fancy vest

Because that human in a fancy vest has the power to stop you, prosecute you for your tints (that you are obviously aware are illegal) and don't forget you can still be arrested for minor road traffic offences.
Thanks given by:
Responses have been interesting but most seem to miss the main point

Basically while I don't deny my tints and exhaust are illegal, they were not the reason that he pulled me over. He simply started on those because he didnt actually have a reason to pull me over, my driving was in no way dangerous or careless

Might I add that due to this f*ckwit of a policeman I was half an hour late to work.

Then also began firing off random accusations such as me planning to undertake

Lets be honest how many of you would be mother Teresa sat in the back of a police car, late for work with an arse of a copper trying to accuse you of all sorts when in actual fact you've been pulled for nothing
Thanks given by:
I wasn't aware the Police could read minds. I better watch out, I think about undertaking all the time. shit, think of the fines I could get for planning!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 12:45 AM)rtha6551 Wrote: Responses have been interesting but most seem to miss the main point

Basically while I don't deny my tints and exhaust are illegal, they were not the reason that he pulled me over. He simply started on those because he didnt actually have a reason to pull me over, my driving was in no way dangerous or careless

Might I add that due to this f*ckwit of a policeman I was half an hour late to work.

Then also began firing off random accusations such as me planning to undertake

Lets be honest how many of you would be mother Teresa sat in the back of a police car, late for work with an arse of a copper trying to accuse you of all sorts when in actual fact you've been pulled for nothing

Nobody has missed the main point you are making, we understand you are pissed off about being pulled, made late for work and being accused of different shit. But in all honesty mate, even though you don't wish to give them respect, the best way to deal with it, is by biting your tongue and giving them no excuse to take the matter further.

Unfortunately they have the power to make your life a misery, so is it worth getting pissed off with a copper to end up in the cell for the night; potentially ruining your chance of getting to work/ or going home to a nice comfy bed?
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
It sounds like he got your intentions all wrong and over reacted to the situation, but in my experience of having gone to court after being accused of dangerous driving the best thing to do is just keep your mouth shut and be polite. If you've not done anything wrong then evidence will show that, in my case I was accused of undertaking, but the video evidence showed that the car I apparently undertook slammed it's brakes on pretty hard and I just flew past, and I was found not guilty.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Im with you on this rtha I really do belive there are some out there that are just C**ts and are out to make them feel big just because they can....

That said I have come across some really tidy ones, that apply logic...

But I know the feeling when you do have somthing illegal on your car but becuase it is not that bad they let it go if your driving past. When they stop you they put theyer massive big boy pants on and give the car a search for somthing on your car just to give you a ticket about....

I made a thread not to long ago about having my licence plate in the windscreen. I drove past around 4 traffic cops not a thing said about it being in the windscreen. When a officer stopped me and I gave him a perfectly good explation for what he stopped me for in the first place, he then looked around the rest of my car just to give me a ticket on somthing.

Some of them are just k**bs
Thanks given by:
Dont have anything illegal about the car and surely then theres nothing to worry about or get picked on for??

Then they do look like complete prunes when they realise you have nothing to hide or be done for Smile

(I've been stopped twice in 9yrs of driving...both times made great friends with the officers and I think it helped avoid a fine both times...fyi: both times they started off all big ballsy!)
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 09:05 AM)Piggy Wrote: Dont have anything illegal about the car and surely then theres nothing to worry about or get picked on for??

Then they do look like complete prunes when they realise you have nothing to hide or be done for Smile

(I've been stopped twice in 9yrs of driving...both times made great friends with the officers and I think it helped avoid a fine both times...fyi: both times they started off all big ballsy!)

Yeah true but they will try harder to not look like a prune, so I can see them checking your washers etc...

I am always courteous to start but then they try to walk all over you to make them feel powerful Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 12:22 AM)Curt Wrote:
(02-01-2014, 11:41 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: f*cking lady gardens lad lot of em least you stood your ground!

This is the attitude that a lot seem to have, and it's always the people that think they've had an arsehole or been unfairly treated. It's all down to your response and how you deal with it.

If you're an arse, you're asking for it IMO. (I'm not saying anybody has been...). All the police I've ever had to deal with have been perfectly nice, and I've never had a problem. This includes when I got pulled for illegal tints years ago, and when I had a load of drunken mates all over/around my car (including beer bottles all over the roof) in a carpark once, as I was being driver. Polite explanation and they were on their way, and said all they were doing was making sure it was mine and it wasn't being vandalised.

Sometimes it can be an inconvenience yes, and I'm sure there are some that do take the piss. But I still think how you react to it plays a massive part in how you're treated.

I know where your coming from but round here 99.99% of the time the power goes to there head and there just lady gardens odd few are ok, I've been stopped loads for no reason been accused of selling drugs and everything there just out getting brownie points off the Sargent

I don't like police but there still humans so I treat them how if like to be tret but if they won't show me the same courtesy why the f*ck should I bother
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I always seem to be quite lucky except for the guy who accused me of dangerous driving. I always ask why they stopped me and it's usually just a random check, or they noticed the smell of veg oil and didn't know it was legal. I'm pretty vigilant though and I'm always careful not to boot it near them so they notice the straight-thru, or boot it at low revs near them so they notice the coal...

When they pull me because they smell veg oil it's often quite funny, most are interested and ask me loads of questions about it. One even said it was great to see people thinking of the environment lol
Thanks given by:
You've been pulled for Veg??

I've been running it for years and never had a tug, I often pass a VOSA inspection point on the way to work and still have never been pulled.
Thanks given by:
Yeah a couple of times, although once was just after coming out of work on a cold day and not letting it warm up so it was still hunting and blue smoking. I have a print out of the law stating 2500 litres duty free and a folder full of receipts and mileage logs in the car.
Thanks given by:
Mate I know my replies are probably making you feel like its your own fault and while this is not wholy true I'd be willing to bet that you would of exacerbated the situation if the cop was already having a bad day and you started arguing with him and then getting upset its just going to make things worse.

(03-01-2014, 12:45 AM)rtha6551 Wrote: Lets be honest how many of you would be mother Teresa sat in the back of a police car, late for work with an arse of a copper trying to accuse you of all sorts when in actual fact you've been pulled for nothing
The thing is most of us would mate, thats how you keep a clean licence and have an easy life, if your calm and polite 99.99% of time the other person will be the same back and remember that the police don't really need a reason to pull you over, they have a power to stop any vehicle on the road. If they make you late for work and you ask they can provide you with proof they have stopped you for your employer.
Thanks given by:
Ive been pulled a few times and i have to say being polite usually pays off. Normally I just answer a few questions and then we just have a chat about something completely different haha
Thanks given by:
I think we forget that...

In USA they have to have reason to pull you over...they dont need that here.

But I like it that way...just like I like that they dont all have guns ere!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've never been stopped by a traffic car in my 15 years of driving. I was once huckled for parking on zig zags, but politeness and reasonableness paid off, the guy went from complete dick to top bloke within a few seconds, we ended up chatting about my 182 then I was on my way. If you can convince them that you have taken onboard what they have told you, then in all likelihood it won't go any further.

I was also stopped at a vehicle inspection checkpoint in my 405. They didn't seem to be aware of the law around veg as road fuel, but seemed to just take my word for it! Likewise Border Control on the way back from Europre were also curious about the 100 litres of veg in the back seat, but found it amusing in the end. In reality if it were liquid explosive I'm fairly certain it would have been enough to blow a ferry in half Confused
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Who was it had their car smashed into by the police because of veg oil drums on the back seat?
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 02:17 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who was it had their car smashed into by the police because of veg oil drums on the back seat?

Piggy lol
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2014, 02:17 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Who was it had their car smashed into by the police because of veg oil drums on the back seat?

That was Piggy i think hahahaha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  police thebluepearl 77 18,422 23-09-2014, 04:41 PM
Last Post: toseland
  First time on motorway today pugdan95 20 2,982 30-07-2014, 09:25 AM
Last Post: 306carter
Thumbs Up PROOF THE POLICE ONLY USE THE BEST CARS joelww 16 4,436 26-10-2013, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark