Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Door waterproofing
#1
So with my stripped interior I have removed the door cards and the grey foam behind them. Bad idea. Turns out the grey foam is to stop water splashing off the window regulator and into the car when it rains.

I am reluctant to spend £30 a side for two sheets of foam from pug. What can people reccomend? I don't think I can bang a sheet of plastic or carbon over as I still have the window regulators and they sit proud.

All suggestions welcome. Ta
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#2
Gaffa tape. Serious answer
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#3
Tried it. Didn't work. Lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#4
You clearly didn't use enough then grant. lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
#5
I be open to know too...currently used some plastic sheeting and sealant
Wishes for more power...
#6
Youre using the wrong/shit stuff then
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#7
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/self-adhesive-...43c2d9f2a6

Thats what i used
#8
You sir, are a f*cking hero! Repped!



(I assume it works well?)
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#9
Works perfect, just dont do what i did and buy two rolls... you wont even use half of one on one car
#10
I often replace this stuff in cars with this problem...my pikey fix...go to a scrapyard, and remove the stuff from other cars (all cars have it) and just cut it up / re use in the 306, as the 306 has tiny bits anyway...just use sealant glue around the outside, and its good as new Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
#11
Is that what its for? I have removed it in all my cars but never noticed water in there or the doorcards
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#12
That's annoying! Never thought about that when I sound-proofed so my cloud 9 will be sodden!
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
#13
Likely mate. Haha.

I have to drive everywhere with the heaters on the footwell full blast and the windows open in a vain attempt to dry the car lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#14
I seemed to get a bit of water now and again on the bottom seal on the drivers side after washing the car. Today I replaced the weather curtin with bitumen backed roofing membrane.

[Image: IMG_20131207_173315_zpsvg1sakxr.jpg]

Ben, what thickness cloud9 did you use? I think the stuff I got is around 12mm and I can't get the door cards to go on.


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)