Rockers '6 Is back

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockers '6 Is back
(01-10-2013, 08:27 PM)devils_fuel Wrote:
(01-10-2013, 08:21 PM)puglove Wrote: matrix isnt to bad mate iv done it 3 fecking times now lol

here you go hoe, this guide does miss a bolt or 2

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=78999

Finished your beam already J?

Na its in bits with the bars out

(01-10-2013, 08:53 PM)rocker8742 Wrote: Cheers for that J any idea if there are any pipes on the drivers side of the matrix?

What do you mean mate? no pipes actually enter the cock pit, the rad (matrix) plugs into the fire wall if that makes scene?

But the rad usaly splits at the bottom, leaking out of the right had side filling the foot well,

it will be the actual matrix/rad itself thats leaking not a pipe, as there is no pipes in the cock pit

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ah makes sense never actually had one out lol cheers bud x
Thanks given by:
Right the below is you heater matrix, the plastic pipes on top actualy poke through into the engine bay, then the pipes pictured below that attach to it in the engine bay

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Nice one Smile
Thanks given by:
but if your footwell is damp...its dash out.

good chance to swap for a flocked dash Wink ninja
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Right think tonight I've discovered I've been a bit of a dick and have 2 separate issues

I have the hole in the drivers footwell which is where I think the water is getting in to the carpet and soaking up towards the centre console because of how much is coming in

The other reason I thought it could be the matrix was that I've been loosing a couple of litres of water from the rad every few days however tonight I discovered that one of the bleed points has been left slightly open which I guess is where all the water is going

/facedesk

Twat.
Thanks given by:
I still wouldnt rule out matrix

It must be a fecking big hole in the floor to get that wet.

Also do you blowers get as hot as they should?

Thanks given by:
Yeah blowers get as hot as they always have

Picture of the split looks pretty big to me

Thanks given by:
I'd pull the carpet up and see what's kicking off....possibly be able to seal it up?
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 11:39 AM)mr_fish Wrote: I'd pull the carpet up and see what's kicking off....possibly be able to seal it up?

Easily fixable............. Loads of clear bathroom sealent!!!! Smile

Chris&sam will back me on this! lol

Thanks given by:
Sealing it up would prob be your best bet tbh. Though im starting to think 306s are designed to have water inside
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 12:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sealing it up would prob be your best bet tbh. Though im starting to think 306s are designed to have water inside

306/swimming pool?? Maybe it was the summer package opposed to the winter one?

Thanks given by:
Lol tbh I hadn't thought of sealant going to pull the carpet out at the weekend and look what's going on
Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 12:11 PM)puglove Wrote:
(18-10-2013, 12:08 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sealing it up would prob be your best bet tbh. Though im starting to think 306s are designed to have water inside

I think 306s are just designed come out in the summer and stay in a garage in the winter. Bit similar to your Gti6 I guess Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Almost like my 6 but that seems to go in tye garage and just uh....... Stay there now. Even in the summer lol

Thanks given by:
(18-10-2013, 12:11 PM)puglove Wrote:

Can't see it catching on tbh....

"The all new 'Piscine' package for the 306.... Includes holes in floor as well as the rear arch for that authentic swimming pool feel to your feet on those hot summers days, also creates a nice humid feel to the interior and that unforgettable damp smell.... Can also include a heated water spray from the heater matrix area to keep passengers feet warm during those chilly evenings...."

Hmm, not sure.... Undecided
Thanks given by:
Nahhh im sure iv read that in a pug broucher at some point, id be more inclined to buy on anyway , ever lasting air unfreshener

Thanks given by:
Well tonight this happened

Decided to strip the carpet and have a good look at where the waters coming in

Couldn't find anything obvious it doesn't seem to be coming down from above the pedals but its definitely pooling in the bottom of the footwell

Tried to seal up the split in the floor with some silicone waiting to see if anymore water comes in

You can see how wet the drivers side of the carpet is lol

Used a few paper towels to soak up the water

Also loving the sound with no carpet in Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Are the drains clear in the bottom of the door?

Also might be worth taking the door card off to check all the holes are covered up

Your car is like mine at the moment having half the interior out
Thanks given by:
good work chap.

I stripped mine out once due to flooding 'issues'...sounded epic...went well too as that carpet weighs a tonne
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Came out of work after a dry day today and found this

That's behind the pedals and looks to be coming down from where the throttle / brake pedals go through the bulkhead
Thanks given by:
At least in that state you could clearly see where it's coming from Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
It's much easier without the carpet lol Smile found a little rust on the sill inside so need to touch that up and get it primed and painted
Thanks given by:
Right heater matrix is screwed I think, went for a long drive tonight and when I stopped could hear a hissing sound from the footwell felt the foam on the floor and its nice warm water dropping down from the back left of the footwell

Yay so looking forward to it! Lol

Just a thought could the pipes into the car be split inside or do they not protrude inside very much?
Thanks given by:
It WILL be the matrix

Have fun Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
just double check the bleed valve cap on the matrix hoses...its long shot but mine leaked and piddled down into footwell some how from there.

but most likely matrix pipes split Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Think it must be the pipe as its really clear when it's doing it how hard are the pipes to swap?
Thanks given by:
the pipes are part of the matrix.

give yaself a day. its a dash out affair
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Theres a good guide on the 6 forum i followed. Its really not a hard job just time consuming.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(25-10-2013, 11:00 AM)Tom Wrote: Theres a good guide on the 6 forum i followed. Its really not a hard job just time consuming.

Probably the guide I followed too. Its not that bad tbf, like piggy said give yourself a day and should be sorted.

good luck ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rockers '6 rocker8742 56 19,161 18-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Last Post: rocker8742