Posts: 31
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
Have seen some videos of people swapping their BMW cats out for a cherry bomb...I'm definitely gonna decat it, and I want to either swap the cat for a bomb or the middle silencer on my magnex system because the middle box is knackerd. I want to keep the back box, so the question is decat/cherry bomb straight through to the back box, or regular decat to a cherry middle box and magnex rear, anyone done this before? Is welding a bomb where the cat was too much effort? obviously it will be easier to weld into centre, just wondered about noise difference, I want as much rasp as possible, thanks ...essay over
Posts: 7,825
Threads: 465
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
114
Location: Cullompton Devon
Car Model/Spec: Vauxhall
NO CAT is an MOT failure to any law abiding MOT inspector
Posts: 31
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
its just had 12 months plus I have a friendly tester

really not fussed about legality
Posts: 221
Threads: 6
Joined: Oct 2013
Reputation:
2
Location: Watford
Car Model/Spec: Rover 214si
Dont think i have ever seen a catless car that could meet a cat emissions test! Well not petrol ones. LPG will do! But thats defeats the point as they only have to meet 3.5% co when converted anyway!
I think a lot of people tend to have "bolt in" decat sections made up or bought, so they can easily swap between come MOT day.
Posts: 166
Threads: 20
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
1
Location: Cornwall
Car Model/Spec: GTi6
My old hdi passed with a decat and when I had a genuine standard exhaust on my gti6 with just a de-cat it passed (just, was on the limit)
Posts: 31
Threads: 7
Joined: Sep 2013
Has anyone tried this setup then..?