Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frosty's Ph1 Black D Turbo now with VNT
Is it wound right in and toght as feck or is it quite loose?

Dont worry thats done up tight as f*ck, is it coaling on boost? Im thinking you have a boost leak.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 11:13 AM)Tom Wrote: Is it wound right in and toght as feck or is it quite loose?

Dont worry thats done up tight as f*ck, is it coaling on boost? Im thinking you have a boost leak.

From how I under stand it I had to adjust the actuator arm pretty much as much as it would so that the waste gate was shut.

It does seem to smoke fair on boost though. So you reckon try and check for a boost leak?
Thanks given by:
Yeah because done up that tight i doubt your boosting enough to open the wastegate.

My thinking is the k03 is a pretty spooly little machine, so it springs into life giving you your boost but you have have a small leak thats letting it out under pressure.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So is it right me having the arm done how I got it so the waste gate is shut?

Yeah it seemed to hold 15psi fine but It did smoke on boost then but I may of had the fuel turned up to much. It goes to 22 ish when you floor it and then goes straight back down to 15. I have also got a slight noise that happens when I come on boost which sounds like it could be a leak but that only does it when i haven't been driving it very long.

I think I will remove the MBC and see if that makes any difference
Thanks given by:
Have you tried adjusting the MBC and see if that changes anything? Wind it right in and see what happens.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I just removed the MBC and it is back down to 15 psi but it holds it up through the revs. It does smoke on boost still though so I will turn he fuel down a bit.

Could it be a naff MBC I got?
Thanks given by:
Is it coaling at all? I mean hold your foot on the floor what does your boost stay at and does it coal?

Sure you got the pipes on the MBC the right way round?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 12:59 PM)Tom Wrote: Is it coaling at all? I mean hold your foot on the floor what does your boost stay at and does it coal?

Sure you got the pipes on the MBC the right way round?

Yeah it coals fair and it holds 15psi with coal on boost. That's with just a bit of pipe from the turbo to the actuator.

I must seem stupid but I just connected the pipes up on the MBC I didn't think it matter. Maybe have to try the pipes the other way round
Thanks given by:
[Image: MBC_zps08f9beb7.jpg]
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Cheers mate. I not sure which way I had it. I will prob have a play on the weekend. Going coombe so will see after that
Thanks given by:
Well first of all I made the adventure to coombe this weekend. Great day but on the way up Friday had a standard 306 sight

[Image: null_zps6f793105.jpg]

[Image: null_zpsa61ba160.jpg]

It was only the pipe from the actuator to the turbo had popped off so no biggy. Cable ties FTW as usual.

A few pic from coombe that I stole from over people Smile

[Image: null_zps47663723.jpg]

[Image: DSCF1486_zpsd4f294d0.jpg]

Today I had another look at sorting the MBC out. And as Tom had said I had the pipes the wrong well round so I now feel pretty stupid but at least its sorted and big thanks to Tom for the help. Now got it boosting about 20psi so will see how that goes for a bit.

Also I did an oil and filter change as it had been about 1000 miles since rebuild so fort it would be a good ideal
Thanks given by:
good to see this out and about on saturday Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 07:49 PM)cully Wrote: good to see this out and about on saturday Smile

Cheers mate. Good to see you and your car!

Now get on with sorting a local meet Smile
Thanks given by:
good man.

was nice to see it in the flesh...made me warm up to the white wheels a bit more Wink

good to know you are caring for the engine too...I need to keep a eye on millage to do same oil/filter change
good man Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Couple more pics stolen from Carlos

[Image: IMG_0283_zps60cbbae2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0284_zpsf650bc51.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good chap...

Needs more front end lows.... Smile

It reminds me so much of my car a few years ago!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 09:08 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Looking good chap...

Needs more front end lows.... Smile

It reminds me so much of my car a few years ago!!

Cheers, yeah I agree maybe 20mm ish more on the front. The only thing is its becoming not very practical for where I live Sad
Thanks given by:
You rebuilt the engine and put it in all by yourself, but hindered by 2 little pipes haha! Thats just life i guess. Is it going well now then? Bit of a difference when you turned them round?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Lovely little car.
How do you find the turbo? I'm looking into various small, cheap fast spoolers but still undecided yet.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Looks lush mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2013, 09:44 PM)Tom Wrote: You rebuilt the engine and put it in all by yourself, but hindered by 2 little pipes haha! Thats just life i guess. Is it going well now then? Bit of a difference when you turned them round?

Haha, yeah defo a difference now. It's goes ok but still needs some fine tuning. Don't really know what pressure to run the turbo at. Dont partially want it to go bang! I think doing the gov mod made a fair improvement

(15-09-2013, 09:56 PM)strictly_derv Wrote: Lovely little car.
How do you find the turbo? I'm looking into various small, cheap fast spoolers but still undecided yet.

Cheers. It's not to bad. It's spools up quite quick I would say. I just need to see how it goes now I've upped the boost
Thanks given by:
I got this made up by Tom. Should I stick it on the back of my car?

[Image: null_zpsfaf2083a.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 12:35 PM)Frosty Wrote: I got this made up by Tom. Should I stick it on the back of my car?

[Image: null_zpsfaf2083a.jpg]

Jesus can you not make your own decisions :/
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just want to see what other people think. I will be putting it on though!
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2013, 04:50 PM)Frosty Wrote: Just want to see what other people think. I will be putting it on though!

Good man
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not much has really happen lately. I'm racking up the miles in it as I've done about 1200 in 3 weeks. I did get a puncture the other night and knackered the tyre which was a pain especially as it was me Toyo (best tyre on the car). But I had a good old trusty laser to pop on Smile

[Image: null_zps5228ed6a.jpg]

Car also really needs a wash. Prob the worst thing about living out in the country side

[Image: null_zps2cbf7618.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Couldn't agree more with you about living in the countryside!

Exactly the same happens to me lol
Thanks given by:
Shes a bit dirty! Haha :p
[Image: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-00000000014E_zpsprynorkl.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That is lagged. I couldnt live there haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(23-09-2013, 10:22 PM)Tom Wrote: That is lagged. I couldnt live there haha

Gettout, lagged is when its up the windows and your struggling to see out...;-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,810 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Black Ph1 D-Turbo project (black betty) doogle-d turbo 25 10,096 16-08-2017, 06:04 AM
Last Post: doogle-d turbo
  Frosty's S16 6 speed Frosty 244 95,977 04-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Frosty