"Rental" 306 for track days?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Rental" 306 for track days?
(05-09-2013, 08:49 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I drove an Aston Martin and an ariel atom on a track day. I didn't ruin it not did I not find how far it can be pushed.

Thats a bit different though. How many people in their life time will drive either of them? If someone decides they want to do track days, a 306 is probably the best sub 1k car to pick up for that purpose.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
So you pay £150 for a supercar.
Or £10 for a 306.
It's all relative; it's the same concept and for most it's the thrill of being on a track fullstop as apposed to having the fastest car going
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 08:47 PM)Niall Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:44 PM)kingy Wrote: Niall, its a great idea. Stop throwing a spanner in the works. Dont know whats up wirh you lately but it seams like your constantly on your reds mate. Chill out ffs and post something positive for a change.

Hes asked for an opinion as to what people think about the idea. Ive given my opinion as to why i dont think it will be a great idea, albeit in a rather blunt manner.
On a positive note, it is nice to see someone who wants to do something for the community but in reality, i think there will be far too many issues with it.

Question.
Would you lend your motor to other forum members to thrash around a track. Some people on here havnt got a car to take on the track. Myself included. I think if a person is willing to do that for other people then we should appreciate it and stop coming up with negetivety. If it all goes wrong then it goes wrong. So what
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 08:58 PM)kingy Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:47 PM)Niall Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:44 PM)kingy Wrote: Niall, its a great idea. Stop throwing a spanner in the works. Dont know whats up wirh you lately but it seams like your constantly on your reds mate. Chill out ffs and post something positive for a change.

Hes asked for an opinion as to what people think about the idea. Ive given my opinion as to why i dont think it will be a great idea, albeit in a rather blunt manner.
On a positive note, it is nice to see someone who wants to do something for the community but in reality, i think there will be far too many issues with it.

Question.
Would you lend your motor to other forum members to thrash around a track. Some people on here havnt got a car to take on the track. Myself included. I think if a person is willing to do that for other people then we should appreciate it and stop coming up with negetivety. If it all goes wrong then it goes wrong. So what

Yeah i would actually depending on who it is.
If it all goes wrong then JP could potentially end up with a law case on his hands and be out of pocket because the car he bought is now destroyed. So actually its not really a case of so what. Maybe to people borrowing the car yeah but i think most here are the sort that instead of getting out of the car after totaling it and just handing him the keys and saying your problem now, they would offer help financially but there are people out there that will just walk away.
So sorry to offend you Kingy (as i seem to do often...) but its not just negativity for the sake of it. Its negativity because it could be a big issue for JP if he hasnt thought about every outcome.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the input guys.

Just to clear it up, I wouldn't ever ask for the car to be replaced. I know a LOT of people through these forums, other forums, car clubs etc and I know 99% of them would offer something. If not, so what. I'd like to think the shame of crashing the "pool car" is enough to put people off from taking liberties.

I think it's looking for likely it will just be "lent to a mate" for people to take out on track.

At the end of the day, the idea is simple. A branded car out on track is better than not out on track. It'll be there for people to use, and enjoy taking a well sorted 306 out on track at the various club days etc.

I did have this idea, with my own track car, but after letting a few of you go out and drive it at track days I have no nails left afterwards!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
seems fair. seems too cheap at £5 a slot though.

I can ruin standard brakes and tyres in one slot....and I dont push that hard
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's a bit of a case of when it's gone it's gone. If the first person who goes out kills the brakes or stacks it, then no-one else gets a go....

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 08:15 PM)jammapic Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:14 PM)Niall Wrote: time on track is when you really want to push your car close to its limits.

Then you shouldn't be allowed on a track.

Public track days are NOT for that.

I guess you shouldn't be allowed on the road in that case?

(02-08-2013, 12:14 PM)jammapic Wrote: Erm, pretty bad. That said, all the driving I've done has been balls to the wall just enjoying the noise and the power.

I've done about 50 miles to 1/4 of a tank truth be told Tongue
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 09:22 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:15 PM)jammapic Wrote:
(05-09-2013, 08:14 PM)Niall Wrote: time on track is when you really want to push your car close to its limits.

Then you shouldn't be allowed on a track.

Public track days are NOT for that.

I guess you shouldn't be allowed on the road in that case?

(02-08-2013, 12:14 PM)jammapic Wrote: Erm, pretty bad. That said, all the driving I've done has been balls to the wall just enjoying the noise and the power.

I've done about 50 miles to 1/4 of a tank truth be told Tongue

Lol. Nothing wrong with accelerating hard upto a safe and legal speed and I've also been to York raceway twice to some drag days. :-)
JP
Thanks given by:
Well that's not exactly balls to the wall then lmao

[Image: 3ud57y.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Touché.

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
I was sure spellowe shunned himself from the online community?

Popcorn
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 09:42 PM)ginge191 Wrote: I was sure spellowe shunned himself from the online community?

Popcorn

Nah. I only reappear to show everyone how to PWN l33t style. I'll disappear again until someone else acts like a retard.

William Hill currently have you at odds on favourite.
Thanks given by:
lmao
Such a lady garden but such a babe
Thanks given by:
Nice idea... And if you have the funds to front it definitely do it! Such a good chance for people to get out on track.

Only thing for me would be the risk / guilt of stacking it..

Hey thanks I wrote your car off..
Bye now. =/
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Legal minefield that's all I can say its all ok till something happens. And with so many variables in a case like this odds are stacked in something going wrongs favour. I only have to look at the amount of pages my phone contract terms and conditions has (37!) and that just for a simple phone contract! A simple waiver slip isn't enough any solicitor will work round that like its nothing.
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  days when it all hangs together Magenta Sunset 5 1,329 21-04-2016, 12:41 PM