went to buy some bulbs come back with a 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
went to buy some bulbs come back with a 306
So this morning fitting clear side repeaters to my 106 needed some orange bulbs went to my local place and the guy asked me if i know any one that wants to buy a 306 so i was like yer me depending on price. any way 30mins later

[Image: 106green156_zps92460432.jpg]

So i now own a gti6........ broken gti6 Cambelt has snapped. pulled it back with the mighty 106 lol pulled it right up a hill at 30mph never thought it had it in it lol

So will get some more pics up tomorrow as needs a dam good clean.

Any one know what the chances are of just putting a cambelt on and it running? i dont no what happened when it snapped eg what revs speed etc. I have tried turning it over and can hear it pushing valves up but dont i have no idea when it comes to petrol so defo need help on this.

Thanks given by:
Could possibly be interested
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If it's snapped, and then you've tried turning it over, then even if it was okay to start with and they had got away with it, well, you've just completely f*cked it.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Highly doubt you will be able to put a belt on it and it run guess it will need new valves.

Guessing you got it for a good price though
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 11:45 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: If it's snapped, and then you've tried turning it over, then even if it was okay to start with and they had got away with it, well, you've just completely f*cked it.

This!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Drop an XUD in it.

/trollolololol
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah, what Ripp said. If you knew the cambelt had snapped, why would you try turning it over?!
Thanks given by:
Strip down the engine time!!!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 11:45 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: Could possibly be interested

Not for sale

And the reason I tryed is cos no one had checked just a woman who had it listened to the recovery guy, like I say no nothing about petrol, but it don't sound like it's causing damaging anything when I'm turning it over.........

BUT don't shoot me down I don't have a clue when it comes to these so thought I could ask you lot your advice

Thanks given by:
Why the hell would you take a car with a suspected cambelt failure and then try turning it over?

Petrol or diesel, they both have valves and pistons lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I know that '6 engines have very little tolerance at best, something like less than 1mm between piston and valve (iirc?) and that's when it's timed properly.. so without a belt.. imagine the smashing of the valves going on
Thanks given by:
This has to be the BIGGEST facedesk of the year

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
swap the engine out for an XUD. Or whip the head off and see whats happened. possible to stick a 2nd hand head on with a new gasket?
Thanks given by:
Ladysteves saxo broke the belt and we tried turning it over a few times, needed new valves and scored the pistons slightly. And the TU engines are a bit more forgiving with that kind of thing as well
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
lol Yer think im still gonna try a cambelt on it just see what happens got nothing to lose, then go from there. Is there a guide on doing a cambelt change on the gti6?

Just gave it a quick wash and dry gonna polish it tomorrow.
[Image: 306gti64_zps3e9e32c7.jpg]
[Image: 306gti65_zpsfe77eaed.jpg]
[Image: 306gti62_zps4dd8ee64.jpg]
[Image: 306gti61_zps42d0dba8.jpg]
[Image: 306gti6_zps973cd1d8.jpg]

Dont worry the rear lights, reflectors, and the bumper splitter thingy is going asap

Thanks given by:
Think I'd be fixing it before cleaning it! lol
Thanks given by:
Boys jeez less of the keyboard warriorness! Not everyone's a proffessional like Dumdum!

You can get refurbed heads on ebay on an exhange basis for about £300 IIRC might be worth whipping the head off and exchanging it, then doing the HG whilst youre there... It'd probably cost you about £600 in parts if you change the water pumps and tensioners at the same time Smile
Failing that I'm sure I saw DanGTi6 had a complete '6 engine for sale...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Looks alright from the front, not sure with the previous owner was thinking when they put that "interesting" looking splitter on. And those lights are silly dark, no wonder they felt the need to put extra reflectors on it!

Oh, and im afraid i echo the comments from above, even if its only suspected cam belt failure, turning it over will only ever do more harm than good.

At least the bodywork side of things is salvageable though. Smile
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
plenty of heads/engines going on here cheap.

seems tidy...apart from the horrific rear splitter!

does this mean the 106 is for sale ninja

PS suspect cambelt failure....have you taken the covers off and even looked?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'd also be inclined to just dump an xud in it, but then i guess im biased Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mate its not going to run . you have turned it over. just wasting your time putting a belt on it.

its like sayin iv put a hole in the block but im going to fill it up with oil it might not come our lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 01:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: plenty of heads/engines going on here cheap.

seems tidy...apart from the horrific rear splitter!

does this mean the 106 is for sale ninja

PS suspect cambelt failure....have you taken the covers off and even looked?!

Not looked no lol and no carnt sell 106 as need it for work, the gti6 is just a project if I fix it if not Will brake it.

(02-09-2013, 01:44 PM)puglove Wrote: mate its not going to run . you have turned it over. just wasting your time putting a belt on it.

its like sayin iv put a hole in the block but im going to fill it up with oil it might not come our lol

But I've got nothing to lose by putting a cambelt on? Even if it don't start, then I rebuild or fit a new engine still gonna want a New cambelt

Thanks given by:
Looks tidy-as barring the pikey rear end. I'd be enclined to just throw another lump in it TBH, and sell the decent bits off the snapper.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Take the head off (hard bits already done) Stick a new set of valves in and go again.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just done an insurance quote £631 for year..... wow! need to get this fixed now lol was expecting ££££'s

Thanks given by:
Its not the insurance that stops people buying them....its the fuel and tax lol!!
Thanks given by:
Well we all knew the mpg would hold you back Tom lol

If you get stuck with owt chris jut give us a shout I'm not far away
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 02:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its not the insurance that stops people buying them....its the fuel and tax lol!!

I'm paying £60 a month for 106 suppose it helps haveing imobiliser and no mods apart from back box, I just thought they would be mega expensive to insure

Thanks given by:
(02-09-2013, 02:42 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(02-09-2013, 02:33 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Its not the insurance that stops people buying them....its the fuel and tax lol!!

I'm paying £60 a month for 106 suppose it helps haveing imobiliser and no mods apart from back box, I just thought they would be mega expensive to insure

HA i pay 39 for the dt Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
'6 was only about £30 difference over my HDi to insure... nowhere near as bad as people think!
Thanks given by: