just tuned the lucas pump-how many turns has everyone done?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just tuned the lucas pump-how many turns has everyone done?
Alright,just.turned the max fuel screw by 90.degrees....bit of.smoke boosting.at.17 psi

How.much has every1 turned there.max fuel up?

What shall i do with the boost compensator in terms of.which way to
Turn it and by how much?

Suggestions please
Thanks given by:
In my experience they all seem to be different, mine was turned all the way to the stop, as for the compensator id suggest turning it all the way in then 1 or to turns out, lucas doesnt have very good control with the fuel on/boost, by turning the compensator in you are making the diaphragm harder to move, so a higher boost pressure is required to move it, so in theory the extra fuel will be delivered at slightly higher revs where the boost pressure is greater..
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 06:30 PM)Mitch Wrote: In my experience they all seem to be different, mine was turned all the way to the stop, as for the compensator id suggest turning it all the way in then 1 or to turns out, lucas doesnt have very good control with the fuel on/boost, by turning the compensator in you are making the diaphragm harder to move, so a higher boost pressure is required to move it, so in theory the extra fuel will be delivered at slightly higher revs where the boost pressure is greater..

How many turns was on the max fuel screw to the stop?
Thanks given by:
To be fair, the difference between 18~22 on a lucas isn't as drastic as 14~18.

18's not bad for reliability and smoke.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I turned each of the 13mm nuts counter clockwise about 10 turns, removed the pump, and fitted a Bosch.

HTH lmao
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 06:58 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I turned each of the 13mm nuts counter clockwise about 10 turns, removed the pump, and fitted a Bosch.

HTH lmao

I've spent far too much time with you, this is EXACTLY what I came in here to post!! Rofl
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2013, 07:06 PM)samass Wrote:
(29-07-2013, 06:58 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: I turned each of the 13mm nuts counter clockwise about 10 turns, removed the pump, and fitted a Bosch.

HTH lmao

I've spent far too much time with you, this is EXACTLY what I came in here to post!! Rofl

lmao

Separated at birth much?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol

Probably!!
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

HTH lmao
I did this and was impressed by the results you can get from a lucas (after it has been swapped for the bosch Big Grin)
Thanks given by:
Gone are the days of Darrens video when 130bhp was known to be the max power from XUD's. Wind it in all the way, then back a 1/4 turn, make the wastegate arm solid. Done.
Lets face it your never gunna make enough fuel from a lucas so may aswell make the most of it!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lucas pump cap carlukepeugeot 7 3,725 19-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Last Post: johnny625
  Lucas pump timing probe issues weka 0 1,281 21-03-2019, 08:39 PM
Last Post: weka
  Need help d turbo lucas pump. Djbeny4477 1 1,470 21-10-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: johnny625