Posts: 95
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Nottingham
Car Model/Spec: Diablo 6
hey all had my centre console sprayed up since march and since its been really hot iv noticed a few tiny pin head sized bubbles appear in random spots. Any ideas as to what i can do to prevent this from happening do i need to use heat proof lacquer? or have I done a crap spray job...
Posts: 19,854
Threads: 581
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
195
Location: Bournemouth
Car Model/Spec: Supercharged 306 GTi6
Try and use Enamel paint. Ive got my dash in gloss black enamel paint and its been fine and the car sits in direct sun light all day!
Team Eaton
1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Posts: 95
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Nottingham
Car Model/Spec: Diablo 6
(23-07-2013, 04:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: (23-07-2013, 04:06 PM)NottsPug Wrote: hey all had my centre console sprayed up since march and since its been really hot iv noticed a few tiny pin head sized bubbles appear in random spots. Any ideas as to what i can do to prevent this from happening do i need to use heat proof lacquer? or have I done a crap spray job...
Sounds like a few reactions. Youve seen mine and there hasnt been a problem. Dod you use plastic primer?
nah i didnt use plastic primer at the time i didnt know it existed lol yours look really nice mighty have to whip it off one day and do it all again. I always struggle to get the top fascia off that surrounds the heaters. last time i took it off i destroyed it and had to get a new one lol Any tips?
Posts: 95
Threads: 9
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Nottingham
Car Model/Spec: Diablo 6
(23-07-2013, 08:23 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: (23-07-2013, 05:19 PM)NottsPug Wrote: (23-07-2013, 04:45 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Sounds like a few reactions. Youve seen mine and there hasnt been a problem. Dod you use plastic primer?
nah i didnt use plastic primer at the time i didnt know it existed lol yours look really nice mighty have to whip it off one day and do it all again. I always struggle to get the top fascia off that surrounds the heaters. last time i took it off i destroyed it and had to get a new one lol Any tips?
Yank the f*ck out of it!
I just gently prise it being on patient.
If I was you id take a ride to albert looms fpr a spare. But tbh I also think I may have one you can have seeing as your just in kimberly 
Ah nice one dude you sir are a true gentlemen :-) I remember when I first took out the top piece I got a screw driver to it and was yanking out that way, it put loads of chips around the lip lol why they had to make it so hard is beyond me lol
Posts: 6,569
Threads: 183
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
20
Location: eastwood/notts
Car Model/Spec: moonstone hdi #2
Your welcome. Im just about to leave to go skeg but back tomorrow night. If you wanna nip down tomorrow night of friday morning.
Are you going fcs?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI