Rather cheap?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rather cheap?
I have just brought a 3rd 306, spur of the moment thing, reading through the paper last night, "306 d turbo yellow (yes another blaze), good condition in and out, currently sorn no tax or mot, 225 ono" so i rang the guy, turns out hes only 5 miles away from me, said he would take 180 cash for it if i let him keep the clones, it runs and drives fine, i work at a garage so will put it in for mot and see what happens, if its just niggly things ill put them right and sell it on locally, if not i shall remove whats ever any use to me, and you guys are welcome to parts cheaply too, then it shall be scrapped, seems to good to be true, must be something hidden somewhere, i cant really lose out though, winner! Smile
Blaze '6 and Blaze D-turbo!
Thanks given by:
TBH even if it's on a Lucas you'll make money back on that easily, well worth it if you have the space to break
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Exactly what i though, ive already got people wanting wings, bonnet, bumper, window regs etc, i live on an old farm so im rather lucky with having the space!
Thanks given by:
You're quids in then mate. If it were me I wouldn't even bother MOT'ing it, just strip it and sell.
Thanks given by:
I really don't get how some ppl find this things so cheap! Since I have been a member of theywhoshallnotbenamed/306oc there have been literally dozens of cars better than mine being sold for peanuts, it's really frustrating! I spend £620 on mine and a lot more getting it how I want like £120 on half leathers for a start! There aren't any bargains in the south east!
Thanks given by:
Your probably right, breaking would be the best option, i picked up my blaze in april 2011 for 550, with 90k on the clock, its not far of mint inside and out, and i picked my rallye up for... well i dont think you would like to know that Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:12 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I really don't get how some ppl find this things so cheap! Since I have been a member of theywhoshallnotbenamed/306oc there have been literally dozens of cars better than mine being sold for peanuts, it's really frustrating! I spend £620 on mine and a lot more getting it how I want like £120 on half leathers for a start! There aren't any bargains in the south east!

Yes there are.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:17 PM)Mitch Wrote: Your probably right, breaking would be the best option, i picked up my blaze in april 2011 for 550, with 90k on the clock, its not far of mint inside and out, and i picked my rallye up for... well i dont think you would like to know that Smile

I'm assuming you mean cheap cheap Wallye?

In which case, go take a flying f*ck to yourself.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:12 PM)306Puggy Wrote: I really don't get how some ppl find this things so cheap! Since I have been a member of theywhoshallnotbenamed/306oc there have been literally dozens of cars better than mine being sold for peanuts, it's really frustrating! I spend £620 on mine and a lot more getting it how I want like £120 on half leathers for a start! There aren't any bargains in the south east!

f*cking lol try looking harder.
And £120 on leathers? They must have been bloody immaculate!
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:21 PM)vlj Wrote:

f*cking lol try looking harder.
And £120 on leathers? They must have been bloody immaculate!

My last set i put in the 5 door' set me back about £25.
Don't be spunking money on the first piece of interior/drill/hammer/tool you see. Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Not really. Unless you are "in the know" or know somebody who knows somebody these things aren't easy to comeby. They were up for £150 but I offered him £120 and it was relatively local (15 miles) so I thought I got a bargain. It was made possible by my uni loan.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:20 PM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(16-07-2013, 03:17 PM)Mitch Wrote: Your probably right, breaking would be the best option, i picked up my blaze in april 2011 for 550, with 90k on the clock, its not far of mint inside and out, and i picked my rallye up for... well i dont think you would like to know that Smile

I'm assuming you mean cheap cheap Wallye?

In which case, go take a flying f*ck to yourself.

Hahaha, yes you could put it that way, guy had put it down for spares and repairs because the drivers strut top was creeking and the top engine mount had broke?Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Puggy alot of it is right place and right time. Yes there are less bargains in the south east (second hand car prices here are generally higher) but if your willing to travel you can pick up good cars. I've had a couple of sub £200 306 turbo diesels off the forums so you just need to keep your eyes open.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:22 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Not really. Unless you are "in the know" or know somebody who knows somebody these things aren't easy to comeby. They were up for £150 but I offered him £120 and it was relatively local (15 miles) so I thought I got a bargain. It was made possible by my uni loan.

That's like saying " i saw a 306 up for sale for £400,000,000, i offered him £50,000, i got a bargain.. /facepalm.

The value of an item is regardless of how much you "save" on it. ever been into sportsdirect? notice EVERY item is "reduced". They're not. As a fooled consumer you feel you're getting a bargain. This my friend is what happens to you on the regular it seems.
Thanks given by:
As dum dum says, it is pretty much the right place and the right time, i wouldnt have this one if i never read the paper last night. Smile
Thanks given by:
Well, it does seem that I am not as lucky with things when it comes to getting bargains. For instance, people selling turbo bumpers, the moment I have the money to afford one no one is selling one anywhere, so I have to take whatever comes up. This can be applied to a lot of things that I have had to buy, a lot of the time I have money there are no bargains available, like with the leathers. It's also worth mentioning that there is very rarely a delivery option on things as big as seats.

(16-07-2013, 03:31 PM)Mitch Wrote: As dum dum says, it is pretty much the right place and the right time, i wouldnt have this one if i never read the paper last night. Smile

So, basically luck then, like I said Smile
Thanks given by:
You used your uni loan for leathers? No student I know and believe me I know a lot; could afford to spend £120, especially on some bloody car seats!
Thanks given by:
Oh also, you'll find being kind/reasonable with people will help you get bargains and a decent raport with the forum and general 306 community.

people WILL rip you off purely because you have an ass of a reputation. ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Got my dt for £150 with a "broken" gearbox, 7months later, only had a cv go, and still driving on the "broken" gearbox. Went through mot first time. Only the brakes as an adviosory. Best car I've ever bought
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Doesnt get any better than that, shows that there are bargains are out there.
Thanks given by:
Yeah and this car is like immaculate, me and Samass couldn't fault it (apart from a dodgy quarter repair) had oem headlight covers and everything was original
Thanks given by:
Everything ive got cheap seems to be down to the seller not really knowing anything about the car/what there doing, like my rallye why would you advertise it for spares because it needs a strut top and the engine mount repairing? surely you'd just advertise normally and say about those issues?
Thanks given by:
Haha yep! But some people are quite retarded lol
Thanks given by:
I suppose the other thing is knowing and being friends with people. People know what you might like or if you say your after something then they might know someone selling it.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 04:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I suppose the other thing is knowing and being friends with people. People know what you might like or if you say your after something then they might know someone selling it.

Its not what you know, its who you know :p
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 03:22 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Not really. Unless you are "in the know" or know somebody who knows somebody these things aren't easy to comeby. They were up for £150 but I offered him £120 and it was relatively local (15 miles) so I thought I got a bargain. It was made possible by my uni loan.

Speechless

no set is worth over £100, not even phase1 alacantra's

Im selling mine for £30 collected with door cards and still no takers!!

and using your uni loan..... pure genius Nospeak

PS Mitch, bargain mate. easily make that back.
car is worth £100 scrap without the engine!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Heh, it's funny how people get angry when they see other people pay too much for something.
Thanks given by:
nope, just hilarious!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well it's alright for some when they have umpteen members of their large extended chav family in the scrap metal trade Big Grin For an outsider these things don't come as easily.
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2013, 06:11 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Well it's alright for some when they have umpteen members of their large extended chav family in the scrap metal trade Big Grin For an outsider these things don't come as easily.

dumbass.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: