SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowell's Stage 1 Diablo HDi Estate
yay track fwends! Big Grin

Yes today whilst definitely not at work I was on ebay bidding on some sparco harnesses. Included in the auction was base cushions and side bolsters. Apparently they are only a year old and have been used in a show lexus soarer D:

[Image: T2eC16RHJGEFFmyg687BRmJ7lTgg60_12_zps8ca14e77.jpg]

From the pictures it looks like the top mounting point isnt there but seller hasnt mentioned it and says they are complete. Anyway they were £45 and £9 postage so for £54 posted i now have lots of seat accessories and two sparco harnesses! Big Grin Now just to buy the seat frames!
Thanks given by:
You have the same harnesses as me you cock ! Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Ahh i thought it was.. always catches my eye when i see it Smile
Thanks given by:
looking good buddy, cant wait for 50mpg as the current sub 30mpg makes me cry
Thanks given by:
I think you have got this wrong was around racing seats before handling/engine mods :S

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
I meant I cant wait for the 50mpg hes getting when I hdi my car as my current sub 30mpg makes me cry especially as i live over 30 miles from work.
Thanks given by:
(30-05-2013, 09:10 AM)puglove Wrote: I think you have got this wrong was around racing seats before handling/engine mods :S

because cheap...
Thanks given by:
Because race driver Wink
Thanks given by:
becauseracediesel!
Thanks given by:
Because RaceIst

Itwasntme lol

And lol at 50mpg Dum.....I only just scraped that eco driving! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
oh shut the f*ck up you lady garden
Thanks given by:
#RACEism
Thanks given by:
Okay seller has finally messaged me! The top part of the harnesses is included. It was still in the car when he took the photo. They're all boxed up now and I should receive them next week! Cant wait! Now ive just got to find a mounting points near the exhaust tunnel!
Thanks given by:
Check 306gti6.com forum, write it in the search box it.I asked for picture of mounting points a few months back.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2013, 04:00 PM)7057sam Wrote: Check 306gti6.com forum, write it in the search box it.I asked for picture of mounting points a few months back.

doesnt really help too much :/

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=147692

Think Ill have to drill and bolt through the exhaust tunnel!
Thanks given by:
Right... £135 spent on demon tweeks.

£30 on a go pro suction cup mount... the official one not some knock off one!
£48 per side on cobra frames which are supposedly car specific. Amazingly you can choose the number of doors but they said they were for a 5 door so they better be!
There was 90p between economy and express delivery so i went express. Apparently it can take up to 13 days for the frames to come into stock or some shite like that.

Im really annoyed... mainly because ive been filling out paper work for IBM, i havent really had any help as to wether these are the right frames or not, and ive only got 2 days left at uni until i return to ipswich and live the rest of my life not going clubbing and not having friends... gah!
Thanks given by:
Great project this!
Thanks given by:
diablo estate fwend!

Right not much has happened in the past few weeks as ive been stupid busy. I finished my uni course and got my first in Computer Technology and have graduation on the 9th of July. Im now running a sailing centre so that takes up all day every day. Didnt think I would get paid this month but miraculously I have!

In october Ill be moving to London so will be either selling both cars or leaving the estate to rot at my parents....

Anyway.... Ive missed the deadline for pugfest tickets and I am desperately trying to get hold of one so I can be on stand and race up the hill!

Last night I bought...
20 sheets of silent coat - im sick of the door cards rattling
Decat
Etech Tint spray - the mesh stuff ive forgotten the name of is peeling off so tint spray it is!
Pressed Plates

I have and need to be fitted...
new front fogs,
new front bumper,
yellow laminX for fogs,
window tint for rear windows,
bucket seats and sparco harnesses (waiting for subframes to be delivered and will probably need the ring bolts).
boost gauge needs to be plumbed in.
stage 2 map.
lower strut brace
quick shift.
smooth boot lid.
Reorganise the PS2

I still need to buy...
a pugfest ticket
a tricopter for my aerial footage
FMIC
C5 bottom pipe
and everything else ever for the FMIC.
60mm lowering springs and lower rear beam.

Car is stupidly dirty and needs the most intensive clean ever. I got new tyres on which are Uniroyal Rainsport 2s. Cost £33 a corner and £5 each to get fitted but not balanced.

So yeh... im stupidly busy which is why i havent been on much!
Thanks given by:
So, if you get tickets, you gunna park up with us at pugfest? Curious to have a shifties round this
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Dude needs pics

Where in London you moving to, you sure you cant keep the car?
Thanks given by:
No idea where im moving to in London yet! Will sort it out nearer the time! And Sam ive said ill be on the 306OC stand this year for pugfest.

Silent coat, decat, tint spray has all arrived so just need time to get it all done! Car had a clean but a fairly poor one!

Demon tweeks are useless. Subframes have been on order for over a month now and when i emailed they rang to say they still werent in stock!
Thanks given by:
ahhhhhh so much to do before pugfest and so little time! D: Hopefully carl car lower the rear beam today! Otherwise ill be doing the hillclimb at about 32,000 feet!
Thanks given by:
double screwed.... cant get lowered before pugfest.... Sad
Thanks given by:
Leaving it a bit late aren't you?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What are you on about? There is still 30 hours until I leave for pugfest... plenty of time! Maybe... Sad
Thanks given by:
It'll be fine! Mine didn't get lowered either
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So the past few days have been fun... my bucket seat frames dont fit after waiting 2 months for them to be made and costing me £100. The nut for the drivers side wishbone decided to break loose and start spinning which meant i could undo it or do it up. After grinding the subframe i managed to get a spanner in and fit the brace and do it back up properly.

Now anyone who saw my car at pugfest will have noticed something a bit odd... so now im trying to sort out the mexican wave font bumper...

[Image: IMG_20130725_122751_zps6759c439.jpg]

exactly how i wanted the car looking 24 hours before leaving for FCS! And im afraid its not good...

[Image: IMG_20130725_112648_zps205a4019.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130725_112845_zps0f634a85.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130725_112642_zps46d59dba.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130725_112633_zps1f19d973.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20130725_122417_zps373a4a45.jpg]

and the fans dont work so those came out!

[Image: IMG_20130725_114144_zpsb61ecc95.jpg]

and now im trying to wire in a slim line fan!
Fun Fun!
Thanks given by:
Not good :/

I saw a fairly mint looking 1.8 estate on eBay the other day, was cheap too. Re shell?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
gti6 estate? Tongue I have no time and money to reshell atm.

Right now the slam panel is back on and both sides look straight now so hopefully the bumper will line up. The two torx bolts for the airbox rounded so im trying to drill those out and cable tie them on.

Fans and air con rad have been removed as they dont work anyway.

Bumper is being repaired and replacement fogs are going on. Fogs will be yellowed with tape. Because race estate...
Thanks given by:
Well that was a 14 hour car day...

took 2 hours to get the wishbone nut and bolt sorted out and the lower strut brace is now on. However now that I can drive it then engine keeps knocking on it so that was the worlds biggest waste of time. Hopefully if it knocks it enough itll bend it a bit so it stops knocking.

Then I decided to sort out the mexican wave front bumper. Took the entire slam panel off and replace it with one which wasnt bent. Took hammers of various sizes to the passenger side to bash it back into place. Welds were broken and a single bolt held it in place. New bolt put in.

Front bumper needed to go back on so it got a GTI6 splitter and yellow fog lights. That went on and the bumper is now straight! and a bit saggy... but oh well!

Next job was to puit the black masks and grille back on. Difficult when you have no mounts left on your lights! Cable ties to the rescue.

Then because i never got round to it before I decided to actually plumb in my boost gauge. Undid the four bolts for the inlet manifold and used a crowbar to get it apart. Couldnt get to the bottom jubilee clip so drilled it in situ with kitchen roll in the manifold. It was caked in oil and I came out black... Cut and put the hose onto the take off piece and sat confused as my boost gauge didnt work. Amazingly the tube at the gauge end was onto one of the mouting bolts and not onto the bit it should have been onto. Doh!

Also finished off smoothing the boot plastic.

Tomorrow Im leaving at 10 to pick up camping gear from work and pick up the gf, meeting tom for stickers and a gearbox, meeting sam bates and James in his clio and then convoying to kettering for Frankie and Bennies for lunch!

However before that i still need to fit bucket seats and harnesses, clean the car, strip the car, mount the airbox and TPS, investigate the knocking.

Wish me luck!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Silvery Stage 2+ Estate RA306 21 5,970 15-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: RA306
Exclamation PH1 genesis STDT sedan! Stage 2 soon be stage 3 GT20 strictly_perv 127 36,995 16-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MissTap_GTI6
  Cully's Stage 1 HDI Estate ongoing Project cully 38 22,882 11-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eeyore