Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
My 1.4 China project!!!
#61
Ye thats what I'm thinking!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#62
Would look sweeet with itb's


Ha ha
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#63
It would! An a nice set of rallye cams! And stand alone ecu haha.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#64
A few updates!

Fitting my engine mounts tomorrow asthe ones in now are completely sh**ged and rattle every time I touch the accelorator!

I ordered my tyres for the banded steels this morning and also bought a set of bearings and seals for my torsion bar! And I am hoping to rebuild and lower this on Monday/Tuesday. Cant wait!

Also need to fix my dials this week too!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#65
Right, started fitting the mounts today. Gearbox mounts and plate was swapped over in 20 minutes!

We then tried to do the top engine mount but couldnt work out how to get it out. So if someone could shed some light on that it would be very much appreciated!

The went to do the lower mount. Cut and smashed the old mount out and went to fit the powerflex lower one, onl to find the lower mount is too big. Super frustrating! So I have ordered a 106 one and hope that this will fit. I hate Peugeot for making the 1.4 mounts smaller then everything else!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#66
tidy foxy Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
#67
Cheers!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#68
So after a few days of not really being on the forum, I have finally lowered my car and changed the engine and gearbox mounts! It is so nice to drive now! No more exhaust bangs.

And the gaz rear shocks are awesome. Wound the adjuster round 540 degrees but may just go a few notches further just to make it a little firmer. There is so much less roll.

Anyway will get a few pics tomorrow!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#69
where did you get your fanny mould from and will it fit a 1.6.?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#70
The exhaust manifold?

Ye it's meant for a vtr anyway. Will need a bit of work to fit the 306 though.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#71
what sort of work? can i do it myself or is it a job for a garage? and what did you pay for it if ya dont mind me asking.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#72
I got it done at powerflow as you need pipe bending. Lambda sensors moving, oil pressure sensor moving, oil filter conversion and a cat put in further down the system.

I paid £205 for a janspeed one off eBay.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#73
I've just bent some bits up for my manifold, I'll see if I've got enough steel left to do another...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
#74
They make a nice difference when on!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#75
Foxy-jim Wrote:I got it done at powerflow as you need pipe bending. Lambda sensors moving, oil pressure sensor moving, oil filter conversion and a cat put in further down the system.

I paid £205 for a janspeed one off eBay.
did the garage do all that work and how much did they charge for the work? got a powerflow garage 2 minutes from me. just so i can get a rough idea.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#76
Including a sports cat (which was £250) it came too £370!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#77
so total of £575 then?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#78
Yep!

Well add on heat wrap and a new oil filter.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#79
Foxy-jim Wrote:They make a nice difference when on!

Mine will, gonna upset you ninja lol
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
#80
Haha you probably will! Got a few plans for mine though!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#81
jim lad, had my mates in the car other day and its scrubbing like a bastard. told em to get out. need to lower it but what can i do. is it a case of arches rolled, arch liner removed and gaz shocks ?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#82
Roll the arches. And get some stiffer shocks. Arch liners will be fine in there. Mine are still in!

UPDATE: I have swapped the clocks ready for the MOT and I have heat wrapped my exhaust! Sounds a lot better!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#83
Sorry that I havent been on the forum as much as I normally have. I have just got a few things going on at the moment that I need to sort. I havent forgot you lot haha.

Anyway here is a pic of my car lower:

[Image: low.png]

It is very low and not to everyones taste. All the mudflaps have gone so it looks less Irish and my new wheels have been collected by the courier today and are on their way to me.

On friday my car failed the mot, but for small silly things really.

â?¢Headlights shining too high

â?¢Rear brake pipe rubbing on the trainling arm

â?¢Left handbrake cable close to wheel (I forgot to clip it back in after doing the torsion bar)

â?¢2 brake pipes excessively corroded

It has the retest on friday so im hoping it will be issued with a lovely piece of paper saying I have passed then my new wheels will be going on!

I am picking up my smoothed bumper at the beginning of April.

As said sorry about the wait, I have just had a lot of other things on my mind.
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#84
hope everything is cool mate.

your head lights are ajustable from inside the car aint they?

rest is easy.

get them bloody wheels on mate.
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#85
Ah right cheers mate. Ye most of it is sorted now. Ye can't wait to get them on now!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#86
i like how low it is, its not quite silly Big Grin
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#87
Haha cheers mate!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#88
lowwwww looks ace bud!
now, wheels! Wink
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#89
Thanks mate! Let's hope the wheels look good!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#90
Just go a phone call from my dad...my wheels have finally arrived!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SC China Project ben01328 32 23,674 04-09-2016, 05:06 PM
Last Post: ben01328
  Tom's China 1.8 Meridian 2014 - Project Deja Vu Toms306 33 19,648 23-03-2014, 09:37 PM
Last Post: Toms306

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)