Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some people shouldn't be allowed near cars!
The last people to fit front tyres to my car shouldn't be allowed near a car, far less to work on one.

Took my car to have the wheels balanced cos they felt like they were badly buckled today.

First issue was the wheel bolts were so tight they couldn't undo them with a impact wrench, got the breaker bar on them and one was so tight it actually got a little wheel spin undoing it.

Next up put them on the machine and the worse one was showing a total of almost 120g out of balance. Took the old weights off and it was only 70g out. Yep that's right the wheels had been balanced that badly that they would of been better balanced without the weights.

Fuckwits!
Thanks given by:
could only happen to you Chris!

Same happened to me when i bought the gti. I ended up pulling the car down the road trying to crack one of the bolts off with a breaker.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Boils my piss when idiots put wheel nuts on to tight Angry

Had a c2 in last week wheels nuts were obviously put on with windy gun instead of a torque wrench muppets

You just cant get the staff these days
Thanks given by:
Flol at the balancing, that's ridiculous!
Thanks given by:
the ballance thing quite often happens with clones with new tyres the fitters hammer a wieght on to look like its ballanced
cause it takes time to convert the ballancing machine to centreless wheels
lazzy barstolls!
Thanks given by:
Recently when i got the wheels balanced i made sure they torqued them up lol.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I've even seen them use coppa slip on the wheel nuts Confused
Thanks given by:
Flol, some people have the intelligence of a post
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 06:45 PM)Puggie Wrote: I've even seen them use coppa slip on the wheel nuts Confused

nowt' wrong with that mate . . . . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hope your joking. Hairy side of the hand if you did it to my carBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:02 PM)Puggie Wrote: Hope your joking. Hairy side of the hand if you did it to my carBig Grin

what do you know like?. . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Adding any sort of lubricant to the bolts reduces the amount of torque needed, can lead to over tightening and stressing the bolts. If you use it then you should reduce the amount you're torquing the wheels by the correct amount
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:02 PM)Puggie Wrote: Hope your joking. Hairy side of the hand if you did it to my carBig Grin

more then you son but lets leave it at that Rofl

Its a marmite thing some people like it some people hate it. coppa slip has three purposes

1 Putting under peoples door handles when they hide your torx 55 Dodgy

2 brake pads

3 On toast
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:09 PM)Curt Wrote: Adding any sort of lubricant to the bolts reduces the amount of torque needed, can lead to over tightening and stressing the bolts. If you use it then you should reduce the amount you're torquing the wheels by the correct amount

this is true . . . .it's fine to use though i use it on all my vehicles, it doesn't make the bolts work loose i promise . .lol
Thanks given by:
putting a bit on the face of the bolt head isnt really a issue i thought? Stops them 'welding' them selfs in. I thought it only became a issue when you started doing the threads.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Puggie Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Its a marmite thing some people like it some people hate it. coppa slip has three purposes

2 brake pads

3 On toast

evidently not son and strange to call your elders a demeaning term cocka . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's nothing wrong with that Niall. Copper slip is handy stuff though, not just for brake pads
Thanks given by:
^ Bingo^

The c2 we had in the garage was caked in the shit all over the threads and all over the place
but that what happens when you let kwik fit loose on your car
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:15 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah there's nothing wrong with that Niall. Copper slip is handy stuff though, not just for brake pads

balljoints, droplinks, TRE's it's all good baby for next time you go to replace things . Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:14 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Puggie Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: what do you know like?. . .

2 brake pads

3 On toast

evidently not son and strange to call your elders a demeaning term cocka . .Big Grin

Each to there own innit iv'e never had any problems not using it personally i hate the shit
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:19 PM)Puggie Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:14 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:12 PM)Puggie Wrote: more then you son but lets leave it at that Rofl

2 brake pads

3 On toast

Each to there own innit iv'e never had any problems not using it personally i hate the shit

it's great you should use it mate seriously, you don't need to cake it on, just a little wipe to stop any seizing up . .Smile
Thanks given by:
I once had a guy spin the bolts in with a air gun then he went to get a torque wrench I though that's good he'll torque them up and then to my horror he used the torque wrench like a breaker bar! He totally ignored the click when it was at the right torque.

I always try to remove the wheels off the car and take them in the boot where possible or make sure there properly torqued up after.
Thanks given by:
Yeah i cant stand it when tire monkeys use a torque wrench (if at all) and click it over 3 or 4 times. Your only supposed to do it once!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
to highjack this thread a little i can't stand lady gardens who can't balance cyclones . . .and everyone round my end seems to be lady gardens . .Sad
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:25 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: to highjack this thread a little i can't stand lady gardens who can't balance cyclones . . .and everyone round my end seems to be lady gardens . .Sad

Yep the guys i usually get to do my wheels always moan. Last time i had to get a tyre, the bloke picked it up, said "for f*ck sake, f*cking centreless wheels" and just rolled it across the floor in a strop. needless to say when i get new tyres next time i wont be using them!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That's more on topic than pretty much all the other posts lol
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:25 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: to highjack this thread a little i can't stand lady gardens who can't balance cyclones . . .and everyone round my end seems to be lady gardens . .Sad

Indeed mate that's why i set up my own business 7 years ago the amount of lady gardens that cant do there job right that were getting paid f*cking good money for doing it.

I thought fook me i can do all this and do it correct. Never looked back
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 07:27 PM)Curt Wrote: That's more on topic than pretty much all the other posts lol

yeah sorry did i mention i've got a seized left bollock? . . . .wish i'd copper slipped it . . lmao

pisses me off though . .last place charged me double what they do for normal wheels and still made a colossal balls of it . . .
Thanks given by:
(26-03-2013, 06:45 PM)Puggie Wrote: I've even seen them use coppa slip on the wheel nuts Confused
I thought everybody did?

(26-03-2013, 07:17 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(26-03-2013, 07:15 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah there's nothing wrong with that Niall. Copper slip is handy stuff though, not just for brake pads

balljoints, droplinks, TRE's it's all good baby for next time you go to replace things . Smile
Yep that's it! Everything I put on (almost) either gets copper slip or thread lock. I'm quite happy to put a very thin smear on wheel nuts and wheel faces and have been doing for years, never had a wheel come loose (never had nuts rusted in either) even once checked them with a torque wrench a month later and none of them had moved.

(26-03-2013, 07:22 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote: I once had a guy spin the bolts in with a air gun then he went to get a torque wrench I though that's good he'll torque them up and then to my horror he used the torque wrench like a breaker bar! He totally ignored the click when it was at the right torque.

I always try to remove the wheels off the car and take them in the boot where possible or make sure there properly torqued up after.
I used to be like this after having some pikeys do the nuts up so hard I had to get the AA out to change a puncture for me even though I had a decent 2ft wheel wrench in the car.

I went to Cowley Road tyres on a recommendation and found that a bloke I went to college with works there and he does my wheels exactly like I'd do them, spins the nuts in with the gun to the first click then finishes them off with a torque wrench properly.

(26-03-2013, 07:27 PM)Niall Wrote:

Yep the guys i usually get to do my wheels always moan. Last time i had to get a tyre, the bloke picked it up, said "for f*ck sake, f*cking centreless wheels" and just rolled it across the floor in a strop. needless to say when i get new tyres next time i wont be using them!

The stupid thing is it really isn't any extra effort, unscrew the center spindle then screw on the 4 stud adapter thats usually on the wall next to the machine then use an allen key and the machines own wheel nuts to do it up, maybe talking 1 minute to change the machine and an extra 30 seconds per wheel.
Thanks given by:
After snapping a bolt and standard wrench getting a flat tyre off, then losing two of my 'clone bolts after having the new tyre put on, I now NEVER let the garage take the wheels off lol. I take them off and use spares when getting tyres...and I watch them fit and balance the tyres as well. lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on people that mod cars not knowing what they do DeeTurbo 73 20,143 12-11-2016, 08:07 AM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Cars you really shouldn't like but do Niall 66 10,678 31-10-2015, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Ruan
  Shouldn't this be throwback thursday bashbarnard 2 903 19-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Last Post: toseland