gt1752 saab turbo fitment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gt1752 saab turbo fitment
Does this turbo bolt onto any standard xud manifold? Also are any original oil lines interchangeable

Thanks
Thanks given by:
1) do you have an XUD manifold to spare
2) do you have any oil lines to spare?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I'll put it bluntly- No. It's a custom job, some turbos are very close to near bolt-ons though.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Is there anything bigger/better than a t2 that's pretty much a bolt on job
Thanks given by:
Cj's adapter plates and jenks oil line and a td04 pretty much bolt on

Thanks given by:
Don't want a td04 it will only throw a rod. Something just to push say 24psi without too much strain
Thanks given by:
my standard kkk is at 24psi...standard 9mm pump and lda...goes well and no issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It could throw a rod at any point. Some last for ages and some blow at stock power.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:47 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Don't want a td04 it will only throw a rod. Something just to push say 24psi without too much strain

a k14 will run all day long at 24psi without a problem i had my k14 boosting at 30psi for a few days and still living lol.
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:49 PM)Tom Wrote: It could throw a rod at any point. Some last for ages and some blow at stock power.

This^ Totally stock xud's throw rods.

If you just want basic bhp (120-140) then stick with a stock t2 or k14. If you want more power with little homework go for a CJ td04 combo. If you want more power and don't mind doing some research and you are handy with a mig there are loads of choices
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
My gt20 wasn't far off, just had to drill and tap three holes in the manifold.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:49 PM)Tom Wrote: It could throw a rod at any point. Some last for ages and some blow at stock power.

So is there a way to make this less likely to happen?
Thanks given by:
Not really, down to casting defects, random, and unpredictable
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 11:34 PM)sammykins Wrote: Not really, down to casting defects, random, and unpredictable

What he said^^, no one seems to have figured out why some last and some dont. It really is just hit and miss.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Ah right. Cheers lads. What about changing the rods to HDI 1s or is there not much point?
Thanks given by:
yes that helps....but there could be defects in those.

end of the day nothing is perfect...man made it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
or go for forged rods but silly money could probably buy 2 engines maybe more for the price of the rods

Thanks given by:
If you see a set of xud rods next to hdi you can see hdi ones are much meatier. But then again people have killed hdi rods, i've heard Ruan say of a few, then Daves kill god only knows how many haha
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
[Image: IMAG0217.jpg]

You can see the hdi rod is beefier near the little end.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
You don't even need to consider changing rods if your not after big power - it's just not worth it. You won't see much (if any) gain in power and reliability is a debatable topic.

If your worried just stick to a standard turbo - GT15 for epic drivability, K14/T2 for bit more top end poke.

Otherwise as said go for a TD04/T25.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2013, 09:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Cj's adapter plates and jenks oil line and a td04 pretty much bolt on

Ta for that Smile

(04-03-2013, 09:47 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Don't want a td04 it will only throw a rod. Something just to push say 24psi without too much strain

Just run 24 on a TD04 then your only going to throw a rod with too much static advance or hydroing the engine or if you were to get oil into the air intake really if your not pushing big boost and high etc IMO i run 28 atm cos my manifold bolts need retappin but 24/26 id day would be good on a TD04 ive noticed improved mpg with it having bigger impeller on hotside so engines not having to work as hard, and you dont need too much boost as the flow is greater on these turbos
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 12:29 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote:
(04-03-2013, 09:24 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Cj's adapter plates and jenks oil line and a td04 pretty much bolt on

Ta for that Smile

Just run 24 on a TD04 then your only going to throw a rod with too much static advance or hydroing the engine or if you were to get oil into the air intake really if your not pushing big boost and high etc IMO i run 28 atm cos my manifold bolts need retappin but 24/26 id day would be good on a TD04 ive noticed improved mpg with it having bigger impeller on hotside so engines not having to work as hard, and you dont need too much boost as the flow is greater on these turbos

no worrys, Im planing on running around the 22/24psi on the td04 when i get it fitted what will i be seeing power wise? 140-150bhp?

Thanks given by:
Cj, you still doing Td04 adapters n lines?
Thanks given by:
Holy bump batman.. almost a year ago lol
least you've used the search button at least, you'd be better off pming CJ, but don't think you can do that till you've reached 35 posts iirc
Thanks given by:
Crack on epic thread revival

Its funny this is the turbo I got in the end Wink
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Im in talks with my man about it as hes not been able too for a good while but can ask as theyve a new plasma cutter now which will speed it up leave with me il see what I can do

Im not on here as often due to owning a megane so different forums lol
Thanks given by:
Spoke to my guy hopefully we will be making these again in the next few weeks il keep you posted
Thanks given by:
Struggling to find my templates if anyone can help
Thanks given by:
Can draw around mine at home?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turbo fitment between 405\306 bashbarnard 10 1,974 02-11-2015, 07:56 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  GT1752 V turbo Dturbobooost 7 1,305 26-08-2015, 04:39 PM