Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Hub nut size?
#1
Can anyone tell me the size of the nut in the centre of the hub as I'm trying to get drive shaft out of the gearbox for removal.

Biggest I had has 32mm so I'm guessing it's 34/36?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#2
35mm but a 36mm will fit Big Grin
#3
35mm mate . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
#4
I couldnt even find a 35 in halfords last time! Ended up buy a 36 for 12 f*cking quid!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#5
(01-02-2013, 02:08 PM)Tom Wrote: I couldnt even find a 35 in halfords last time! Ended up buy a 36 for 12 f*cking quid!

I did the same. They are a total bitch to crack I welded the socket onto a 3ft bar.
Doesn't feck about now!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
#6
Cheers guys!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#7
Or use a blow torch just be careful of melting brake lines and boots
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
#8
(01-02-2013, 02:48 PM)Oil-burner Wrote:
(01-02-2013, 02:08 PM)Tom Wrote: I couldnt even find a 35 in halfords last time! Ended up buy a 36 for 12 f*cking quid!

I did the same. They are a total bitch to crack I welded the socket onto a 3ft bar.
Doesn't feck about now!

I wouldnt even attempt one without a bar! Having someone stand on the brakes tends to help Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
#9
If you have centre less wheels remove the centre cap and slacken the nut with the wheels on the floor
#10
(01-02-2013, 09:00 PM)swampy Wrote: If you have centre less wheels remove the centre cap and slacken the nut with the wheels on the floor

That is a damn good shout!
Doesnt even own a 306.
#11
They are bloody tight just keep bouncing on the bar it will go eventually. I find afew bounces stood on it works fine. Done several this way
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
#12
We ended up taking whole hub out. Was much easier!

(02-02-2013, 12:42 AM)kentiiboii Wrote: We ended up taking whole hub out. Was much easier!

Just to add to that.... At the time I was 23stone bouncing up and down on mine still didn't budge.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
#13
(02-02-2013, 12:18 AM)HDIkyle Wrote: They are bloody tight just keep bouncing on the bar it will go eventually. I find afew bounces stood on it works fine. Done several this way

Spike and I bent a bar like this so resorted to bouncing on my torque wrench - which I promptly broke Sad
#14
Thanks for the vote of confidence fella's. Tongue
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
#15
Either you lot have found some seriously tight ones or all the ones i've done have been easy... Or im hench as f*ck? lolz

But being serious i just lean over and pul the bar up towards me and never had an issue :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
#16
My 35mm just slips too much, probably shouldn't have got an impact one.

What's the alternative? Whole Hub off? Trying to get the gearbox out.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Top mount intercooler bolt size/ timing hole size LewisG306 2 3,038 13-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Last Post: LewisG306

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)