Sooooooo thaut about buying a new car next year........

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sooooooo thaut about buying a new car next year........
So thaut about buying..... A citroen ds. Not a new p.o.s one a classic with the one from the 60s -70s like this one......

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewite...1818730864

But hopefully i wont be spending that much on one.

Its a beautiful car and its my dream to get own one and thankfully next year i will be able to get one.

Whag do you think
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
I prefer to drive my cars rather than push/repair them lol

Was talking about old cars with my boss today actually, its a shame but most really are a case of 'don't meet your hero', because they are old, unreliable, badly built and you inevitably only buy them to look at or drive occasionally. Id love an original Beetle or Karmann Ghia etc, but it probably wont ever happen. Like I said, shame as some old cars look brilliant and have so much soul and personality compared to modern crap.
Thanks given by:
I prefer to drive my cars rather than push/repair them..... Why buy a 306 then Lmao ( just kidding)

I had a 74 beetle and a 69beetle and never had a problem with ether other than of you went over 75mph in the 69 beetle thwn stoped it wouldnt start agane untill its cooled down. That wos down to a bad seal around the engine bay.

A guy who lives not far away from me has got a ds and he says thay are a bit problematic but once you figure out how evrything works you can keep them on the road all year round.

Yeah people will say dont buy it but i like a challenge.

Iv had my fair shair of old classics that are "unreliable" and you dont buy one and not expect it to go wrong. Thats just part of owning a old car...... Or a french car.....
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
*thought
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Interesting choice. My dream oldish car would be this: [Image: etarasuv.jpg]

1990ish, bloody love them

Not that old though really

By the time I have the money they will be :p
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 06:38 PM)bingham123456 Wrote: I prefer to drive my cars rather than push/repair them..... Why buy a 306 then Lmao ( just kidding)

Precisely, I dont own a 306 Big Grin haha

Seriously though, I suppose if you have the time and money to commit to owning and maintaining a car like that then it will be great fun, your in a fortunate position if you can do it Smile
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2013, 06:46 PM)Kezzieboy Wrote: *thought

Ahh, now I get it. Had wondered what he was on about...
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by: