Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Compbrake-style Quickshifters
#1
Hi all,

Thanks largely to PompeyMark, I took a snipe at one of these quick-shifters on ebay and got it for £25 + £3.99 p&p.

After a bit of a faff (royal fail lost it!) it's now sat on my desk. It's literally identical to the compbrake one. Looks properly sexual Tongue

Anyway, I mentioned about our merry little band of puggers, and suggested that I may be able to get him some good business through group buyers etc.

His website is currently under construction, but said if we get a group buy of 10, he can do them at £25 each as a 1-off. I can organise this all if you guys are interested. They will probably be delivered in bulk to my address; I can bring them to tunnel runs/meets, or if you're really bloody patient to FCS 2012! I'd need to check on postage, but it's likely to be less than what I paid spread over an order of 10�

This thread is just to get an idea of interest, but I need people to be fairly certain before bunging their names downâ?¦

Ebay Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V..._802wt_881

Link to the compbrake offering: http://www.compbrake.co.uk/Parts-by-Car-...d_390.html

He said he can offer us 20% discount once his website is online too on all products with an 'AMT' part number, and I believe he also does eccentric top-mounts (which I will be enquiring about very shortly!!!).

I believe this offer has a bit of a timelimit on it, due to him starting his website up again, so I think we need to have an idea of interest/commitment pretty shortly!

Let me know boys & girlies Smile

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#2
So identical its the same damn photo! lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#3
Is he planning on doing gear linkages aswell? As mine are shot and held together with steel wire atm Lol
#4
lol I know Mark; I clocked that. I was gonna ask him if he had anything to do with compbrake. I will next time I email him.

I'll take photos of mine when I get home and bung them up to verify the build quality. They look excellent though....

Jacko, I have no idea, I can ask the question though. Miles gear linkages are the best ones to go for iirc though; they go for about £50 a set on egay... I've heard that because they don't have any rubber in the cups they tend to rattle unless the gear stick is held all the time, which apparently can drive one insane quite quickly. Worth a quick browse on the '6 forum to see the ads/disads of them before you buy imo...

I will enquire for you later though Smile
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#5
I could be interested for FCS if someone could bring a few tools to fit it whilst there?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#6
Put me down for one!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#7
Id have one
#8
One for me too please
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
#9
ill take one and can wait for fcs Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
#10
td_dan Wrote:ill take one and can wait for fcs Smile


I cant wait at all.... I'm an impatient bastard and as such, want it on my doorstep yesterday please Big Grin
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#11
How easy are these to install - as in can I (a monkey) install it? and are they generic for all 306 models?
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#12
ginge191 Wrote:How easy are these to install - as in can I (a monkey) install it? and are they generic for all 306 models?

Centre console out, get under the car and undo the gear stick (1 bolt), undo the 4 bolts around the gear stick, take out, put new one in, put bolts back. Simples.

Even you can do it Big Grin
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#13
Ill take 1
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#14
I want oneee Big Grin
#15
Are you lazy bastards not supposed to be putting your names on a list...?
#16
id be up for one of these ya know....

2. NiallHarper
3. Dum-Dum
4. jonny.b
5. td_dan
6. connor
7. Jacko
8. ginge191

oh im such a gent... your welcome
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#17
I'm a gent too.. Thankyou Smile
#18
I'm a gent. I finish first......that's right ain't it?
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#19
NiallHarper Wrote:I'm a gent. I finish first......that's right ain't it?

you finish first... as in 'finish' ... i suggest you ask her whether she appreciates this??


or am i on the wrong lines :think:
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#20
ginge191 Wrote:
NiallHarper Wrote:I'm a gent. I finish first......that's right ain't it?

you finish first... as in 'finish' ... i suggest you ask her whether she appreciates this??


or am i on the wrong lines :think:


Don't care if she appreciates it. I'm normally asleep before she can say anything.
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#21
NiallHarper Wrote:Don't care if she appreciates it. I'm normally asleep before she can say anything.

lmao new sig! good man!
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#22
Bloody hell! I leave it a couple of hours and there's 8 on the list already! Excellent. Now cajole relatives/friends/people who dont even have a 306; I need 2 more takers!

As niall said, pretty easy to do, but the exhaust heat shields can be a bit of a fiddle. Apart from that its pisheasy to install.

Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#23
Guys get these. They are amazing well done ed on getting a group buy together. I did suggest it in the other thread with Matt getting the other ones. But these are much better.
#24
ginge191 Wrote:id be up for one of these ya know....

2. NiallHarper
3. Dum-Dum
4. jonny.b
5. td_dan
6. connor
7. Jacko
8. ginge191

oh im such a gent... your welcome


I would rep you for this but your ginger so i wont.






























Also we dont have a rep system but that dosent matter cos your ginger
#25
Dum-Dum Wrote:I would rep you for this but your ginger so i wont.

you know what chris, i wouldnt expect any more from you :hand:
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#26
When is payment needed guys?
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
#27
2. NiallHarper
3. Dum-Dum
4. jonny.b
5. td_dan
6. connor
7. Jacko
8. ginge191
9. Grant

Definitely take one of these for that price. Be rude not to!
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#28
I'm up for one if someone could give me a hand at FCS?
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
#29
Foxy-jim Wrote:I'm up for one if someone could give me a hand at FCS?

I will mate but you will need a jack and axle stands. If your willing to bring them then I'm happy to help mate!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#30
cheers Mark for the vote of confidence Smile

right, it seems were easily going to get 10 (looks like we already have!) so I'm going to leave this open until Friday.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to confirm p&p costs tomorrow based upon 10 then I'll put my paypal email address up. If you guys can all paypal me soon as poss I'll be able to place th order.

Please make paypal payments as gifts; And give me a contact number and when you intend to collect; I'll sort it all out arm let you know when I recieve etc!

EDIT:
Current list of takers:

1. NiallHarper
2. Dum-Dum
3. jonny.b
4. td_dan
5. connor
6. Jacko
7. ginge191
8. Grant

(don't know why the ginger one started the list at 2? Maybe that's how gingers's start an ascending count... Tongue )

On a serious note I already have one, so this is 10 people for a batch.

FoxyJim, We'll all muck in and bring tools etc to help you (and a few others i spose inevitably!!) fit these for a few beer tokens/couple of tinnies Smile If you're in put your name down! Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 x bosch pumps, Compbrake top mounts, Iphone 5c 16gb blue Pompey306mark 1 2,282 14-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
  vdo 'style' gauges 7057sam 5 4,173 09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  compbrake quick shift kernow_joe 3 2,677 16-04-2013, 11:44 AM
Last Post: Piggy

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)