Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Draining The Tank
#1
Quick question, and this is probably just me being overly cautious.

Need to drain the fuel out the tank, I know this can be done using the return pipe on the pump. Can I just cut the return pipe along the bottom of the car, pull it out through the bay and shove it in a can?

Car is being scrapped so not worried about it going back together, just don't want to do it if the fuel isn't going to come out.
#2
(09-01-2013, 12:07 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Quick question, and this is probably just me being overly cautious.

Need to drain the fuel out the tank, I know this can be done using the return pipe on the pump. Can I just cut the return pipe along the bottom of the car, pull it out through the bay and shove it in a can?

Car is being scrapped so not worried about it going back together, just don't want to do it if the fuel isn't going to come out.


Drill the fucker Wink
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
#3
NAh you don't want to be arsing about under the car, which is the main reason for using this method. You want to be getting the return straight off the injector pump in the engine bay.
#4
(09-01-2013, 12:25 PM)Ollie Wrote: NAh you don't want to be arsing about under the car, which is the main reason for using this method. You want to be getting the return straight off the injector pump in the engine bay.

I don't have any pipe to connect to there, hence this method of using the one that's already connected.
#5
What I done was gout in the access point under the rear bench. Pulled the feed pipe off and shoved that in a jerry can then just pulled the wires and cut them connect it to a battery and then voila
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#6
Just pull the pipe off the back of the fuel filter housing and put it in a can then pump the grenade till its empty
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
#7
(09-01-2013, 12:48 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Just pull the pipe off the back of the fuel filter housing and put it in a can then pump the grenade till its empty

Too much effort lol esp when you can just get one of 2 pumps to doing for you
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#8
Stick your hose down and suck away. But return line would be easier Smile
Doesnt even own a 306.
#9
return feed straight off injector, should be drained in no time
#10
There's no lift pump remember so the return line off the VE pump is easiest...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#11
(09-01-2013, 03:22 PM)Ruan Wrote: There's no lift pump remember so the return line off the VE pump is easiest...

Ah fair enough.
That's just the way I done it on my 1.8 and a mates hdi
I didn't realise the DT doesn't have one lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#12
Did it how I said, took a while though to get 20 litres out.

Now that's done I can start on stripping everything off it.
#13
i drained all the veg out my tank the other day, i just took the drivers rear wheel off, disconnected the elbow from the filler neck to the tank and half a tank was out in just a few minutes Smile
#14
All those methods are long. drop the tank passenger side first and then just pour it out the elbow.

I drained the last 306 i scrapped with the lift pump and there was still about 10l left in the tank.
#15
Air line down return pipe, the feed into a can, easy, and clean Smile


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)