darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
darrenjlobb's Project M-TDI Twin Turbo Supercharged Derv Bus
(11-10-2012, 10:25 PM)Scott Wrote: Any updates on this recently Darren? Smile

Afraid not no, Still sat engineless in the workshop, Infact havent even started on headwork yet, am hoping to get something started in the next few weeks!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to some progress reports...! Smile
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Get it send off already darren!!! or get the 30 mil drill bit out FFS!!
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
still an epic build.
Would love tohave the time and money to research n build something like this

Fair play to you man
Thanks given by:
Epic work bud just been ready through all of this thread......a question, timing up the ve pump to the Di head how hard was it? Just really intrigued......if you have done this to the 16v lump could be done to the hdi lump....
Thanks given by:
Epic inspirational stuff.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Awesome as per the last time I saw a thread about it..

Not running though. No change!! Smile
Thanks given by:
Flol! Nah but it's even more epic! Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2012, 09:58 PM)disco stu Wrote: Not running though. No change!! Smile

Would be boring if it was running, wouldnt have any determination to make it better!
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
I think this thread has failed somewhat, but sadly tractors became more important than cars and theres only so much free time in this busy world!

Am thinking about starting to break this up in the new year, not totally decided yet but something will have to happen then anyways.

Was going to attach a photo of the car for lols, as its currently in the yard parked outside, which is also right where everything gets pressure washed off, including tractors / trailors etc, so car is literally buired in mud lol! but im sure it would polish up and be a good daily driver with stock xud for someone Tongue
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Please don't give up on this!!
Thanks given by:
What he said! Shame to do all the work you have and not go any further with it Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Darren you cant break this up. This car has such a reputation, it would be rude to break it up. Even if the shells fooked and you ended up buying a cheap, dare i say it ph2, it would still be epic....Just not as epic Tongue
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Don't you fuckin dare give up on this Darren!! Car is fooking epic

For a derv lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Request for breaking denied.

Carry on mate. This can only come back more epic!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Don't break it mate. Even if you decide to drop a stage 2 "safe" lump in it, you can't give up completely on the old gal.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
As everyone's said, you can't break it! It's way too awesome, and you're in sight of the target for the build now! Take some time away from it and then finish it!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
At least build the engine and drop it in say a caged 205 Wink
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Bunch of lick arses. Just break it - its always been shit.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 10:03 AM)Dan! Wrote: Bunch of lick arses. Just break it - its always been shit.

lmao
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
first jp now youSad

so what next???
Thanks given by:
As said dont break it, the car has come along way I followed the threads on .net when you first got it, its been quite on the xud scene lately need you to liven it up Smile.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 10:46 AM)Jtrigga Wrote: As said dont break it, the car has come along way I followed the threads on .net when you first got it, its been quite on the xud scene lately need you to liven it up Smile.

Really?

Max is going GT25VNT, i'm killing GT2056's like they're going out of fashion, Jonny's throwing a GT2052 on his HDI estate, David's looking for a '56, ozone has a truck turbo'd 9mm and is going 11mm soon...

There's a whole new era of big boost XUD's coming about, gone are the days of T25's and TD04's.

Hardly quiet...

But compared to Darren's updates yes, noone else has two turbos and a supercharger strapped on yet.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 11:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Really?

Max is going GT25VNT, i'm killing GT2056's like they're going out of fashion, Jonny's throwing a GT2052 on his HDI estate, David's looking for a '56, ozone has a truck turbo'd 9mm and is going 11mm soon...

There's a whole new era of big boost XUD's coming about, gone are the days of T25's and TD04's.

Hardly quiet...

But compared to Darren's updates yes, noone else has two turbos and a supercharger strapped on yet.

Yeah but before darren started sticking big blowers on xuds the best before that was dewastegating a t2. What I was trying to say there hasnt been anything as groundbreaking as this and the previous project was.
Bye Bye D-Turbo
Phase 1 GTi-6 now has a new owner
Rolling in the: Phase 3 HDI Wagon

The current estate project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-22237.html
Thanks given by:
Be a real pity if you dont finish, got a feeling someone else will have a go on the same theory though, would be nice to see am mtdi project finished for once.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 11:20 AM)Jtrigga Wrote:
(30-12-2012, 11:04 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Really?

Hardly quiet...

Yeah but before darren started sticking big blowers on xuds the best before that was dewastegating a t2. What I was trying to say there hasnt been anything as groundbreaking as this and the previous project was.

Yeah I agree with that, but finding someone with the time, effort and resources doesn't happen overnight.

Darren's been committed over the years and we should be thankful for what he's proved is possible. But if he's had enough, well that's his call. I know from speaking to him how time consuming all this is and don't forget, he's a tractor driver by day which doesn't leave him much spare time, so to do what he's done with the limited time available is impressive.

Think it'll be a while until we see someone else do it. I'd love to but with having a family to run I can't afford to have a money pit of a project that would ultimately lead to 5 minutes of fame and no real benefit to my life long term...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbh ive been thinking about getting rid of the car for along time, full of dents / paints fooked, and its just got boring really. Only thing that ive been holding into thought of it possibly keeping motor and dropping it in an old 505 gti or something retro win, but then i just think, if im buying a 505, id want to drop a 6 pot in it, so that then means the engine is pointless also.

I guess building a v6 mtdi has just made me realise even more the love for the 6 banger, and dropping two pots just hurts to much!

Ive not decided totally yet, as I had huge plans for this over next 12 months, and some of them id already started work on, so not sure at the moment, but the engine could easily be put back together as it was and be a totally reliable smoke free 200hp motor for something / someone.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
A big boost retro Peugeot would be so much win, know what you mean though, once your bored, your bored.
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
How much for the whole car, I'll buy it off you if the price is right and keep it till your ready to finish it.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2012, 02:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: How much for the whole car, I'll buy it off you if the price is right and keep it till your ready to finish it.

Dont sell it to him. He will only crash it or send it straight to the scrap yard.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peugeot 309 d turbo project adampug 30 12,854 04-12-2016, 10:03 AM
Last Post: adampug
  Project Facelift Berlingo D Turbo Jamieh2013 11 5,437 21-03-2015, 05:01 PM
Last Post: Jamieh2013
  chris_90 106 derv project xsi rep, turbo NAD ;) Chris_90 428 187,333 06-04-2014, 11:50 PM
Last Post: Danny2009