Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Mist Jets Adjustment?
#1
Right am i being thick or can these be adjusted lol
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
#2
No...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#3
i think i heard from somewhere that theres 2 sorts of jets and some spray higher than the other. i may be wrong though
#4
Yes there is, there are 2 part numbers, 1 ending in H4 and the other ending in V8, V8 are the ones we need
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#5
There is two. One will spray at the bottom and one will spray to the middle. Can't rememer the part number but it end in v8 or 8v lol
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#6
think i need to make something up then il pop one out and make a template then make a thin wedge lol annoying with snow when it sprays bottom of screen
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
#7
Damn you connor
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
#8
Or just get the right ones? Big Grin

Tbf, at speed the V8 ones are still crap tthough, good under about 40mph though.
#9
Theyre cheap from the dealer so just get the right ones. i have had the wrong ones and it is very very frustrating!
#10
(06-12-2012, 01:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or just get the right ones? Big Grin

Tbf, at speed the V8 ones are still crap tthough, good under about 40mph though.

Anything under 60 is fine I find, kinda annoying having to slow down on the motorway to clear the windscreen lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
#11
(06-12-2012, 02:26 PM)Connor Wrote:
(06-12-2012, 01:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Or just get the right ones? Big Grin

Tbf, at speed the V8 ones are still crap tthough, good under about 40mph though.

Anything under 60 is fine I find, kinda annoying having to slow down on the motorway to clear the windscreen lol

Haha, I'm just assuming 40 as thats the B road after my village.....I'm not often only doing 40 through it though I guess. lol

But yeah pretty pointless on the motorway.....then you get streaks and splats everywhere! Dodgy
#12
Mine point that low they only good above 40 haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
#13
(06-12-2012, 02:35 PM)CJ_Derv Wrote: Mine point that low they only good above 40 haha

How is that even possible? Huh lmao
#14
Yup haha they aint that bad but arnt the best
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
#15
my jets work fine got them of the bay of e. streaks would be down to old wiper blades not washer jets though. change the blades no more streaks.

I change mine every year around now as this is when you notice them streaking/squeaking and generally being crap. should be six months but if done now you hardly use them over summer (well that's my theory anyway lol)
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing
#16
Drive faster!

Or get one of each Big Grin
#17
hmm seems now this thread isn't as useless as once made out to be - http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-4772.html ninja

Popcorn
Phaes 1 GTI 6  -  Onyx Black
#18
(07-12-2012, 08:56 PM)Kwik Wrote: my jets work fine got them of the bay of e. streaks would be down to old wiper blades not washer jets though. change the blades no more streaks.

I change mine every year around now as this is when you notice them streaking/squeaking and generally being crap. should be six months but if done now you hardly use them over summer (well that's my theory anyway lol)

Not streaks on the swept area (genuine aerotwins ftw!) but streaks all down the side windows and sides of the car and over the roof, I try not to use washers at speed as they make such a mess lol. At least slower speed its just wiped straight off and drains down the scuttle.
#19
ok i hear ya completely is one of the reasons i wanted wind deflectors as stops drips lol. The other was i like the look of them lol.
Don't worry about what I'm doing, I want you to worry about what you're doing


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Don't buy super cheap mist jets wainwrightj 6 5,666 04-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: wainwrightj
  replacing windscreen mist jets Doseph 13 7,419 16-02-2016, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Doseph
  Mist jets don't work on hdi? doogle-d turbo 10 4,494 02-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Toms306

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)