Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stanced XUD Estate (IT'S ALIVEEEEahahaha)
(18-08-2012, 04:57 PM)Scott Wrote:
(17-08-2012, 09:38 PM)Matt Wrote:
(17-08-2012, 07:55 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Oh and f*ck off Phil if you're reading. I wanted wavy discs and you never made them so I got these instead...

lmao
+1 lol

I also want wavy discs.

I'd be interested to know how those brakes are! Not a bad price for them really Smile Any idea what the weight difference is?

Not enough to care really. About 2kg per disc and whatever the caliper difference is. No doubt Mr Doe will be along shortly to tell us all how we don't need big brakes as he can lock his wheels up with gti brakes etc etc well I have news for you Ed.. if you keep locking your gti brakes that explains why you drive into the back of everyone!

Oh and c.a.r. has been in a mood with me since I decided to test his affection for a standard ride height MX5 Wink
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Giving you +2 rep for that since I lold and I owe you one from facebook
Thanks given by:
hate you.
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ooh dropped off the first page, I think for the first time since this started? Guess you're not interested any more.

..for those that still are, a minor wee update for you.

First being the need for new brakes. Had a lot of judder for ages now so decided to investigate and found that the N/S front caliper was binding. This was after I bought new discs, so thought f*ck it i'll get them on anyway, just clean up the stuck slide pin. Nope, too seized, it bent trying to chisel it out.

This lead me to a dilemma. New GTI6 brakes at an overinflated price, or a ninja upgrade to 307XSI 302mm brakes?

Yep, you guessed it. Replace and upgrade.

[Image: IMG_0922.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0920.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0929.jpg]

£55 delivered for the calipers, lines and bolts, £75 for new discs and pads and away we go. Everything fits beautifully and my god, they brake exceptionally well! Very easy to lock up especially with the ABS removed, but there's a lot more bite to them than the GTI6 ones and I prefer the way they work. Everyone can have an opinion on them but they stop the barge incredibly well and are, imo, well worth the money, especially as I got some good condition calipers for less than a set of GTI6 calipers.

Discs and calipers on

[Image: IMG_0930.jpg]

Bit of a squeeze, massive offset does help though!

[Image: IMG_0931.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0932.jpg]

Still a teeny bit of air left in the lines but they're already beastly, love them!

Ooh and my new sticker arrived, managed to keep the windscreen dry just long enough to fit it. Reprahzenting y0!

[Image: IMG_0943.jpg]

Just need to tidy a few things up now, ready for Knockhill in September. Spoke to Neil Haddow at PFC, he was keen on me entering for the Meguiar's Top 15 so i've emailed him some pics and a full spec list. You never know, it might get some recognition this summer after all..

Fingers crossed eh?
Thanks given by:
Front bumper took a bit of a hit already then?

And this does deserve a bit of recogniton this year, after you worked so hard to get it ready for fcs and then the little miss hap

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Tiny hit? It got f*cking mullered in Glasgow and has been falling to bits ever since. Cable ties to the rescue!
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 07:54 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Tiny hit? It got f*cking mullered in Glasgow and has been falling to bits ever since. Cable ties to the rescue!

Lol cable ties are just part of the look right?

Thanks given by:
Presactly.

Becausecabletiedcar
Thanks given by:
Lol, you will have to mod a ph1 or 2 bumper this time Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Naw, ph3 ftw. Only p2 bumpers I really like are the SP one and mark fairy's
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:02 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Naw, ph3 ftw. Only p2 bumpers I really like are the SP one and mark fairy's

cwspellowe - could you PM me please I'm trying to get in touch but cant PM you or email you - sorry to use this thread ! tried everything else !
Thanks given by:
Your private messaging is disabled. Can i help?
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:02 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Naw, ph3 ftw. Only p2 bumpers I really like are the SP one and mark fairy's

I must say i do like the sp's could make for a intresting project, and it would be different

Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:07 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Your private messaging is disabled. Can i help?

again, I apologise for using this thread to contact you !

Im looking to get a fuel flap skinned in carbon fibre and heard you were pretty handy - if you are not too busy and might take on a commission, perhaps we could share emails and chat about it ?
Thanks given by:
Sorry bud, that ship sailed a long time ago. Moved house and no materials/space to do it any more...
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:20 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Sorry bud, that ship sailed a long time ago. Moved house and no materials/space to do it any more...

ahh, shame .. missed the boat Undecided

not tempted ? how about if I got a group buy together and you could make a decent coin for doing a few - say 5 ? Might be worthwhile ... ;-)
Thanks given by:
Honestly mate, I have no space here to do it. The stuff gets everywhere. Plus I was doing it when I was unemployed, nowhere near enough time now.
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:24 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Honestly mate, I have no space here to do it. The stuff gets everywhere. Plus I was doing it when I was unemployed, nowhere near enough time now.

Understood - thanks all the same for responding though - all the best ...
Thanks given by:
(23-08-2012, 08:33 PM)mullum Wrote:
(23-08-2012, 08:24 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Honestly mate, I have no space here to do it. The stuff gets everywhere. Plus I was doing it when I was unemployed, nowhere near enough time now.

Understood - thanks all the same for responding though - all the best ...
Put up a thread in the 'wanted' section, I'm sure someone will be able to help Smile

Chris that's interesting that you rate the larger brakes! Sounds like a good upgrade if they didn't cost much more than a set of 6 callipers!
Thanks given by:
I think Gnrlee is pretty handy with CF.... I WANT a set of his CF masks so badly, but the pricetag is enough to make your eyes water!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Well, discs and pads are just about bedded in now and the stopping power is phenomenal! Really impressed with them and tbh haven't really noticed the weight difference under normal driving.

Went a bit sticker crazy too... ninja

[Image: IMG_0945.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0947.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0948.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0949.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0952.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0964.jpg]

BecauseGheycar
Thanks given by:
Ha ha looks good in a gay way bud, not related to Elton john are you I heard he likes flowers lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome.
Thanks given by:
haha BecauseGheyCar!?

As gHay as they are; they actually look really good!! that interior also; looks awesome!
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Yeah he's my abusive Dad, he likes to take me round the back of his grand piano and make me play his fiddle if you know what i mean...
Thanks given by:
Ha ha I thought he wouldn't let his son go down on him lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's so gay but actually looks really good!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
now all you need is a powered by fairydust sticker
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Have to say, car really does look amazing mate Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks really good mate.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rd's moonstone HDi Project - Now Stanced rd070707 99 25,713 02-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Last Post: rd070707