Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
(15-08-2012, 07:49 PM)vlj Wrote: For the difference of .60kg I know what I'd stick with...

Currently lost over 80kg and theres 20-30kg more to "easily" still come out, maybe more than that. Plus 10kg for each bucket seat when I can afford some.

Just need time/money to crack on with it.

I dont think 1050kg is an unrealistic target for a road car with some creature comforts and that would be over 10% lighter.
Thanks given by:
Well.. i'm siding with Dum. I genuinely believe that a stripped gti6 can hit mid 6's 0-60. Add 200kg in passengers to a car and it dramatically slows down, easily by a second or more. Take 200kg and it can easily shave that time off...
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's decided then, stripping here I come - going to be centimeters in front of you all
Thanks given by:
I soooooo need to win a nitrous bottle on ebay and you can all FYC.

That or ill have to drive like ED
Thanks given by:
What, into the back of other people?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2012, 09:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I soooooo need to win a nitrous bottle on ebay and you can all FYC.

That or ill have to drive like ED

Impossibru....

also I'm surprised the 1.2s are as heavy as clones with tyres etc. my turinis are only a couple of hundred grams heavier than clones, so I dont reckon mine are far off yours fully shod...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Im amazed the clones have come out so well in the weight comparison, seems peugeot really did good when they specced them.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What on earth is all this going on in here...

We all know that boost is the only thing relivent when it comes to 0-60.....Wink So until it has some of that, its still very much meh tbh Smile Liking the stripping though, cant stand driving oem 306's after getting used to gutted ones!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 09:41 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Liking the stripping though, cant stand driving oem 306's after getting used to gutted ones!

Yeah Im the same, hasn't taken long to get used to it again from my HDi being stripped and now I definitely dont want the interior back. Might attack it a little more over the bank holiday.
Thanks given by:
break out the hole saw and loose some steel!
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 10:06 AM)cully Wrote: break out the hole saw and loose some steel!

Theres loads to loose without breaking out the hole saw.

Still have far too much interior and wiring. Need to get buckets so I can loose these heavy ass seats. Sadly in the scheme of spending money theyer pretty low down on the list.
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 10:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(16-08-2012, 10:06 AM)cully Wrote: break out the hole saw and loose some steel!

Theres loads to loose without breaking out the hole saw.

Still have far too much interior and wiring. Need to get buckets so I can loose these heavy ass seats. Sadly in the scheme of spending money theyer pretty low down on the list.

You can remove absolutely tonnes from the rear loom, and the front loom I have in is minimal too, I'll try and get a picture but its pretty much the furthest you can go and still be MOT worthy
Thanks given by:
My next job is the loom then dash, then the hole saw now its caged lol when you doing your loom chris? I may pop over and do mine at the same
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Becuase RaceCar

/thread
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 10:26 AM)vlj Wrote: You can remove absolutely tonnes from the rear loom, and the front loom I have in is minimal too, I'll try and get a picture but its pretty much the furthest you can go and still be MOT worthy

(16-08-2012, 10:55 AM)Jonny b Wrote: My next job is the loom then dash, then the hole saw now its caged lol when you doing your loom chris? I may pop over and do mine at the same

Probably November ish will be slightly warmer inside the car chopping up wiring than working outside. Got loads that I want to do before then really. Not fighting it out around the seats so I want to have buckets in first.

(16-08-2012, 10:59 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Becuase RaceCar

/thread

Exactly mate. Glad someone else understands.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, but it's a road car. With tax. And stuff.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 11:48 AM)c.a.r. Wrote: Yeah, but it's a road car. With tax. And stuff.

And so is any current UK registered WRC car.
Thanks given by:
Yes but they compete to win championships and are only road legal to comply with the regulations. Yours is a road car for...driving in.

What will your mates say when they ask for a lift and you haven't got any bloody seats?!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 12:02 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Yes but they compete to win championships and are only road legal to comply with the regulations. Yours is a road car for...driving in.

What will your mates say when they ask for a lift and you haven't got any bloody seats?!

That's not a problem for Chris. Need to have mates first!

Only joking Chris!
God what's wrong with me? I'm being civil with CAR. lady garden.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Your mates will say "that's lame" and your response will be:

"Because Racecar"
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 09:41 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: What on earth is all this going on in here...

We all know that boost is the only thing relivent when it comes to 0-60.....Wink So until it has some of that, its still very much meh tbh Smile Liking the stripping though, cant stand driving oem 306's after getting used to gutted ones!

Yep, needs boost Smile

Like the wheels, needs lows though..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Don't be a tit car!! My car is going to be tracked so I want it set up for it, f*ck passengers they slow you down, I got a Freelander for comfort my car is my toy, why does it bother you do much what other people do with their own cars!
?

Oh yeh chris november sounds good
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 01:20 PM)Jonny b Wrote: Don't be a tit car!! My car is going to be tracked so I want it set up for it, f*ck passengers they slow you down, I got a Freelander for comfort my car is my toy, why does it bother you do much what other people do with their own cars!
?

Oh yeh chris november sounds good

Jonny I think the reason behind car's comments is that there seems to be no definite aim towards tracking dums car, meaning the relatively small gains to be had from stripping the car don't stack up against the comparative comfort of the standard interior, and are not really appreciated on the road.

let's face is as much as we a fancy ourselves as the next Jason Plato, the reality is a car with no roof lining will give you earache if you try to drive it in heavy rain, and all the rattles will annoy on long journeys, just as much as the heat from the bulkhead from removing the carpets and sound deadening.

don't get me wrong, I'm only doing a bit of recreational trolling of dumdum; his project isn't a roite I'd go down personally with my own car, but far be it from me to stop him! its his car and will be interesting in its own way when its done. I believe car is trying to assert a similar view to mine; that unless it's going to be a fully dedicated track car or race car, where it will only ever be driven at 10/10ths on a racetrack where you're unlikely to notice the creaks, rattles and general sparseness of a stripped car, the benefits don't generally outweigh the cons....
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Exactly what the bloke with his name in pink writing said.

It's 50/50 some of it just trolling.

I can appreciate the advantage of removing some interior for a weekend at Santa Pod

I can appreciate fully stripping, caging and prepping your interior if the car is a dedicated track toy (a'la Jonny S16, Ben306 Rallye)

What I can't understand is doing this to your daily driver. I just don't get it.

The Honda Integra Type R is like the holy grail of FWD hot-hatch-dom, but it still has uber comfy seats, sound-proofing, rear seats with seatbelts, a rooflining, doorcards, no exposed wires, carpet and a moderate level of comfort about its interior. It's also a few tenths quicker than a GTi6 in the process.

Just saying. Stripping a perfectly good GTi6 seems like you're removing a little bit of its' charm. The whole appeal of a hot-hatch is that it is both quick and practical. Now yours is still practical, but only in the same way as a Ford Transit Connect / Astravan. Only not economical. IMO, if you wanted a car with two seats, to be fast, to strip down to the bare essentials and use everyday, you should've got a Toyota MR2 or similar...Boosted MX5 maybe...
Thanks given by:
Just need a good set of coilovers now mate, to sort the sort the height out and handling.
But its starting to look really good mate.
287 Bhp N/A Big Grin
Built by Pug1Off
1/4 mile in 13.6
Now in french car mag
Thanks given by:
Because a stripped car drives total win compared to a stock car....And I only drive my car on the road as live miles from any tracks, why wouldnt I run it stripped?!

I couldnt care less about creature comforts, I purely own a peugeot to drive hard / abuse...not to cruise to the shops in "comfort" altho I do....

Ed, dont you have a daily car, and your 6? In which case, why make the 6 comftable / lovely, surely thats the entire point of having a daily..so you can go all out on the "rag" car?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
(16-08-2012, 10:59 AM)ginge191 Wrote: Becuase RaceCar

/thread

Not quite; Because DumDum.

(16-08-2012, 03:29 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: What I can't understand is doing this to your daily driver. I just don't get it.

The Honda Integra Type R is like the holy grail of FWD hot-hatch-dom, but it still has uber comfy seats, sound-proofing, rear seats with seatbelts, a rooflining, doorcards, no exposed wires, carpet and a moderate level of comfort about its interior. It's also a few tenths quicker than a GTi6 in the process.

Just saying. Stripping a perfectly good GTi6 seems like you're removing a little bit of its' charm. The whole appeal of a hot-hatch is that it is both quick and practical. Now yours is still practical, but only in the same way as a Ford Transit Connect / Astravan. Only not economical. IMO, if you wanted a car with two seats, to be fast, to strip down to the bare essentials and use everyday, you should've got a Toyota MR2 or similar...Boosted MX5 maybe...

And here we find the crux of the matter, you just don't get it. But it's not your car... By reeling off the integra type R as the best hot hatch you've just proved the point, you didn't choose the golf gti that started the scene or the 205 that topped it or the renault 5 that sent it plain bonkers. No, you chose the integra - it's ram-packed full of creature comforts, doesn't look like a hatch or even really fulfil many of the main specifications, save for being fwd. You, sir, are a modern manufacturer's target audience, the existence of the BMW mini is entirely the fault of people like you lol. That's fine though, each to their own. Most of the people in here are not like that, however, and i'd go as far as to say Dum-dum is probably your antichrist! So yeah, don't get it, why are you here man?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Woha!

I picked the Integra as an example because it's pretty much bare-bones. Have you ever been in one? It's raw as f*ck, I couldn't live with it every day. People rave on about them being the best FWD / hot hatch (even though they're more of a Coupé) but they have suspension like concrete! They're quite small inside and they're very very plastic-y. The emphasis was purely on simplicity and weight-saving, they make a GTi6 feel like a Mercedes S-Class (OK, maybe not quite...)

Also, the BMW Mini is a fantastic FWD platform. The trouble is that it's more a marketing gimic than an enthusiasts car. Both the chassis and engine are a formidable combination, it's just a shame about the rest of the car. Tell me honestly, that you would not take a JCW Mini Cooper S with a 306 GTi body on top over your current car?....
Thanks given by:
Have to agree for a standard car the mini is awesome the jc special even more so, but I wouldn't want a mini chassis in in my body, my inferior s16 (so I have been told on gti forum lol) ran ring round the cooper s, but Iam building my car for a purpose same as I know chris is, to go as fast as possible in a set situation, be that on the way to work or on track,
Thanks given by:
Rofl

No, just no. If i was going to spend that much money on something for driving pleasure, it would be entirely custom-made, because that's what i like. That's what i mean, it's pretty clear modifying just isn't your thing. I mean, LOL at your description of the teggy, i suppose as a standard car it is relatively spartan, but still way more than i require for sure. Plus it's not made to my exact specification, therefore not adequate.

Get what i mean yet?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,416 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 333,209 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 157,396 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum