Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
dress up kits
#1
im trying to get a dress up kit in kawasaki green for my engine. any ideas where i can get one? found this on ebay..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320894204271?s...1438.l2649
would that be ok?
also, how do i go about fitting it?
Thanks, Ash
#2
maybe this green dress up kit?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007795S3G/re...B007795S3G
#3
what a guy Wink knew it would be something like that haha
#4
bust out the paint and some conduit stuff
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#5
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEN-Universa...4845f7ab63
#6
I don't like that green Sad paint the pipes? What u

Mean conduit stuff?
#7
nah like paint rocker covers and what not

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Green-Split-Co...2938wt_702

wrap it round the loom, tidy it up a bit
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#8
Wrap it around? Don't you push the pipe thru it or something? I don't know how to put these kits on lol
#9
they are split down one edge, you just shove it in
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#10
Ah nice. Will that one on the link I posted be the same?
#11
the stuff you posted is just replacement vacuum hose/breather hose
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#12
i got a red conduit kit and its such shit. I bought it and its sat in my shed ever since. Its more or an orange than a red and its cheap and tacky as hell! I wouldnt bother!
#13
why is it shit mate?
#14
"Its more or an orange than a red and its cheap and tacky as hell! I wouldnt bother!"

I'd go with that reason.. ^^
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
#15
I know that haha didn't know of it was shit to fit or something
#16
It just looks crap mate, and the idea is supposed to make it look better surely lol? Big Grin
#17
Will get one and see what's its like. Wouldn't know where start with replacing hoses Sad no doubt it would 100x better than a dress up kit
#18
It add's 50hp straight away
#19
(28-07-2012, 12:32 PM)bowers Wrote: Will get one and see what's its like. Wouldn't know where start with replacing hoses Sad no doubt it would 100x better than a dress up kit

Replacing hoses would look much better than a dressup cover kit tbh. I was gonna do it with mine but lost all motivation.........would've all been the same colour as my DIY boost hoses then. Not cheap though, especially fuel/oil hose!
#20
Exactly lol as I'm not doing anything tuning wise I don't want spend loads on stuff like that. Next car definitely. Just want something that looks vbetter lol
#21
Meh, save your money for the next one then lol..........or spend to get it sounding nice with a cone filter/exhaust. Big Grin

TU engine bays never really look good tbh. Sad
#22
What is a tu engine exactly haha.
Just want to make it a little less drpressing haha.
And it's only 20 quid
#23
just looked, didnt realise conduit is ribbed!
if i got some silicone tubing and some green cables ties, cut the silicone hose down one side and did the same as you would with conduit, would that work?
#24
yep, be about triple the price tho

could always wrap it in different coloured insulation tape if you wanted
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#25
No the dress up kit I first posted. If I cut that down the side Smile
#26
oh right. possibly not. might not be thick enough, but i cant remember what gauge those pipes were. youd need atleast 20mm pipe to cover the thicker parts of the loom id have thought
[Image: k6f9Fk]


Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
#27
Ah right Sad looks like it isn't happening then Sad
#28
If your after proper colour coded hoses check spooks Motorsport I had mine made in white by them in silicon expensive but worth it tho . And they do green , red , and blue off the shelf made for the 306's
#29
(30-07-2012, 05:17 PM)el sid Wrote: If your after proper colour coded hoses check spooks Motorsport I had mine made in white by them in silicon expensive but worth it tho . And they do green , red , and blue off the shelf made for the 306's

Don't do this to me! My bank account is going to get raped
#30
Like how much mate? And do you have to measure all your pipes?

And can't find spooks Motorsport?


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Engine dress up Will97 7 4,827 25-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Last Post: John1.4

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)