Engine dress up

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engine dress up
Hi, I'm hopefully not repeating a previous thread however I'm interested in finding out whether there is any form of dress up kit available for the engine bay of any phase 306 running a tu lump.
Thanks given by:
nope all diy
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
do not just buy one of the dress up conduit kits. Just put some time in cleaning and degreasing the bay and it will come up well. If you want to tart up the engine bay get a strut brace. It may actually do something as well unlike a dress up kit!
Thanks given by:
My experience of engine bay "dressing up" is that if you buy brand new, good quality hoses and replace the old, tired ones it looks good and purposeful and like a well cared-for car.
If you slap loads of plastic sheathing all over everything in a garish colour it just looks a bit tacky and like you're trying to polish a turd particularly if everything around them is still grotty and perished and crusty.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 12:11 PM)RetroPug Wrote: My experience of engine bay "dressing up" is that if you buy brand new, good quality hoses and replace the old, tired ones it looks good and purposeful and like a well cared-for car.

If you slap loads of plastic sheathing all over everything in a garish colour it just looks a bit tacky and like you're trying to polish a turd particularly if everything around them is still grotty and perished and crusty.

Totally agree with this. My current build ATM I'm trying to keep everything looking oem and clean. This to me looks better than colored stuff. Saying this though is just an opinion
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all your help, as far as hoses etc are concerned .. My top hose (being 21 years old) has gone a bit soft and gummy as they all eventually do. Was wondering whether anyone knows of somewhere which would sell a silicone one as I'm already going to have to replace it anyway?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for all your help, as far as hoses etc are concerned .. My top hose (being 21 years old) has gone a bit soft and gummy as they all eventually do. Was wondering whether anyone knows of somewhere which would sell a silicone one as I'm already going to have to replace it anyway?
Thanks given by:
as far as i know there's nowhere that does a silicone top hose for a 306 tu, might get a response if you asked around though?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dress up kits bowers 36 9,392 20-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Eeyore