Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
air con
#1
aircon is so so nice!

nuff said!
Rofl

   
#2
yes untill it brakes again Big Grin
#3
Mine will be working in a few weeks now I've won this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190704853833?s..._500wt_922
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#4
I agree Cully! Big Grin
#5
(26-07-2012, 03:20 PM)Niall Wrote: Mine will be working in a few weeks now I've won this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190704853833?s..._500wt_922

I hope it's different to the one you actually need mwuhuhahaha

Not really, obviously.

Could the air-con system on a 306 not be vastly improved if you replaced all the pipes with something braided which matches the existing unions? Or are the standard Peugeot items 'typically French' and therefore making it an arse of a job?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
#6
(26-07-2012, 03:47 PM)c.a.r. Wrote:
(26-07-2012, 03:20 PM)Niall Wrote: Mine will be working in a few weeks now I've won this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190704853833?s..._500wt_922

I hope it's different to the one you actually need mwuhuhahaha
Not really, obviously.

Could the air-con system on a 306 not be vastly improved if you replaced all the pipes with something braided which matches the existing unions? Or are the standard Peugeot items 'typically French' and therefore making it an arse of a job?


Nah checked the P/N before I bid!
You can make the pipes up how you want. The guy who's doing my regas and receiver drier makes the pipes on site. He was going to charge me £25 to replace the pipe along the bottom there and that would all of been in rubber so not as tidy but does the job.
That number on that eBay ad is actually a new part which doesn't have the batty clamps that ruin the pipe and let it leak so hopefully will have years of ice cold driving to come Smile
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#7
And you all spend money fixing aircon, on a car you drive in a country you will rarely use it lol

/troll
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club


2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
#8
(26-07-2012, 05:12 PM)Grant Wrote: And you all spend money fixing aircon, on a car you drive in a country you will rarely use it lol

/troll

Not at all. I use aircon all year round in the skoda. It's much nicer. Doesn't just have to be for keeping the car cool!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#9
I never turn mine off.....
#10
What is this witchcraft Cully!
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
#11
brrrrrrr got mine down to 8.5C on a run earlyer now that was cold it was making my skin tingle

Tongue
#12
is it just a case of re gas?
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
#13
most 306 aircon have holes in the pipework
when mine was repaired when i bought the car a couple of years ago there was a hole in the front condenser rad
they replaced the rad and re-gassed it and alls been fine since
#14
I can see the rot on the front pipe. The condenser looks fine but I'm going to fit the pipe and get the aircon guy round to pressure test, replace the receiver dryer and regas. Compressor should be fine but if not you can pick up recon ones for about £120

(26-07-2012, 05:18 PM)cpikey316_ Wrote: I never turn mine off.....

Exactly this. Don't know about yours but my old saab got so cold it was stupid! Never had it on low even when it was 30 degrees
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#15
(26-07-2012, 05:38 PM)Niall Wrote: Exactly this. Don't know about yours but my old saab got so cold it was stupid! Never had it on low even when it was 30 degrees

Its got auto climate, so it goes into econ mode when the temperature is below 12 I think.

But yes, If I turn it up, it gets really cold, really fast! Although not as good as it used to, I need a regas I think!
#16
My front windows don't work, let alone the aircon.





I hate you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...



#17
(26-07-2012, 06:13 PM)Poodle Wrote: My front windows don't work, let alone the aircon.





I hate you.

Haha shouldn't of bought an old French shit box then!!




Oh wait....
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#18
I'm well annoyed, my old cars ac did work, but the new one doesn't even turn the condenser on. Think it's Kippered. I should probably whip the condenser off my old engines and then do the same as niall; I so undervalued ac until my trip to France! Mazz's 307 ac is bloody brilliant!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
#19
Ed the compressor won't turn on if theres no gas in the system. It has a pressure switch that acts as a safety cut out so it doesn't run dry and ruin its self!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#20
Tried to get mine re gassed, soon as he removed the thingymajig, the gas pissed back out straight away..
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
#21
Air con is for fags
















lucky fags
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]


306 HDI, soon to be XUD
#22
f*ck you all
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5







#23
Stage 2 > Aircon
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
#24
(26-07-2012, 10:54 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Stage 2 > Aircon

Get a Saab, you can have both Cool
#25
(27-07-2012, 05:41 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(26-07-2012, 10:54 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Stage 2 > Aircon

Get a Saab, you can have both Cool

You would be able to have both, yes, but you would also have the misfortune of owning a Saab Tongue
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
#26
(27-07-2012, 01:50 PM)mark_airey Wrote:
(27-07-2012, 05:41 AM)cpikey316_ Wrote:
(26-07-2012, 10:54 PM)lolsteve Wrote: Stage 2 > Aircon

Get a Saab, you can have both Cool

You would be able to have both, yes, but you would also have the misfortune of owning a Saab Tongue

You spelt pleasure wrong.. Big Grin
#27
What, blocked oil pickups due to shit design... Horrible economy....

Properly tempted to get the pipes made up for the GTi6... It's shit on fuel anyway, being comfortable ftw!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
#28
I don't understand why people say that aircon ruins your economy. Providing your aircon system is fully gassed and healthy, it will produce hardly any extra drag on the engine!

And saabs arnt bad on fuel. I could get 40mpg out of mine on a run and that was by no means a slow car. Admittedly I could also get 7mpg when ragging it but f*ck me was it worth it! And yeah the oil strainer design is bad but drop the sump and clean it every 3 years and it's fine!
Team Eaton


1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
#29
(27-07-2012, 02:27 PM)Ruan Wrote: What, blocked oil pickups due to shit design... Horrible economy....

and how long would the list of problems due to shit design be for a 306?

Economy ill give ya, but dont forget, its a 185bhp turbo petrol. It'd be like a gti-6 owner moaning about economy.
#30
piece of vauxhall crap Big Grin


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)