Miss_Tap's Diablo GTi-6 > XUD project
I blame the flame for knocking the camera over Wink
I'm so in love!
Thanks given by:
Sounds mint!!! "spaff spaff!" Big Grin

Deffo next thing on my list! Well, after the Pipercross that is! Big Grin
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Does sounds epic and i reallllllly do want one i just CBA with taking it on and off for MOT's so the race CAT rout for me it is i think

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 07:43 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Sounds mint!!! "spaff spaff!" Big Grin

Deffo next thing on my list! Well, after the Pipercross that is! Big Grin

Thanks! Smile Its the one mod that I've been really looking forward to having done!

(19-07-2012, 08:17 PM)puglove Wrote: Does sounds epic and i reallllllly do want one i just CBA with taking it on and off for MOT's so the race CAT rout for me it is i think

I've got my MOT at the end of August, I was going to wait until then to ask Max to fit it, but, as I am away in France and have left the '6 at Max's; he couldn't not fit it! I can't wait to get home now though!!!
Thanks given by:
Nice project you got going! The exhaust sounds pretty awesome! What's the plan when it comes to MOT time? Wink
Thanks given by:
Thanks!

Cat wise: I'm going to kindly ask Max to put the cat back on. It's very useful having a brother who's a mechanic Wink
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2012, 11:14 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: Thanks!

Cat wise: I'm going to kindly ask Max to put the cat back on. It's very useful having a brother who's a mechanic Wink

I was thinking that while I was removing it Dodgy but I kept thinking the sound will be worth it!
You will have to help hold a spanner from the manifold to cat as there's to bolt which are virtually impossible to get to on your own, but I managed it. If anyone's done a cat swap/removal on there own you will understand how much of a PITA it was for me yesterday.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(20-07-2012, 08:23 AM)strictly_derv Wrote:
(19-07-2012, 11:14 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: Thanks!

I was thinking that while I was removing it Dodgy but I kept thinking the sound will be worth it!
You will have to help hold a spanner from the manifold to cat as there's to bolt which are virtually impossible to get to on your own, but I managed it. If anyone's done a cat swap/removal on there own you will understand how much of a PITA it was for me yesterday.

Ah, you're the best bro! Big Grin
Of course I'll help you!! I might even make a photo tutorial.... JOKE. ninja
Thanks given by:
As soon as I got back to England I got straight to my '6 with it's newly fitted win-pipe!

Max and I headed to Hindhead tunnel, he took the video for me. I apologise now for the giggles, I would like to say it was Max, but I don't think you'll believe me...
So I wanted to hear it properly, hence the slowing down and speeding up. I wasn't being a chav at all, promise :/
PLUS at the end of the tunnel; I hit the limiter in 1st, 2nd and 3rd then got too excited... :S

http://youtu.be/TsLLkbb4VKo

Then on the way home we tried to create some flames... to no avail I'm afraid Sad
BUT she sounds like a angry bee Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWseot4IY...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
You hit three limiter in 3rd? That's a bit naughty!
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
The car seems to pull much better right through to the redline now. Also it's actually quieter when cruising, none of that loud deep drone just pure rasp!
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
How does that not pop on deceleration ? my mrs xsi has a ever so slight blow between the cat mid and it pops like a goodun, maybe just loosen it off a little lol Tongue

does sound schweet in the tunnel though Big Grin

Thanks given by:
Build the revs up in gear to the limiter, then back off the throttle and tap the loud pedal very quickly as the revs drop. Teeny tiny taps. My Magnex with decat used to spit like a dirty slut doing that!
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
On the way home back through tunnel I kept it in third (instructions from Max as I needed to stop the abuse) and accelerated up then let go of the throttle then tapped... The car pops, actually bangs, like a treat! We did make a video but I sound like an overexcited 4 year old.... -_-
Thanks given by:
Sounds epic!!

Agree with Jamie and spellowe, mine leaks from the mani to cat, and pops and spits on the over run, nice bangs with a tap of the throttle too Big Grin
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I did have a leak before and she did pop but now I've got the decat to straight through... When she is warmed up it's popping away! Also when it's sooted up a bit it will be even better ninja
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 11:17 AM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: I did have a leak before and she did pop but now I've got the decat to straight through... When she is warmed up it's popping away! Also when it's sooted up a bit it will be even better ninja

What's HER name by the way Itwasntme
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 11:27 AM)ginge191 Wrote:
(22-07-2012, 11:17 AM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: I did have a leak before and she did pop but now I've got the decat to straight through... When she is warmed up it's popping away! Also when it's sooted up a bit it will be even better ninja

What's HER name by the way Itwasntme

I've told you before; I'm not naming her...
Thanks given by:
What?? Gotta name her... Have you met my bitch? Irene?

Thanks given by:
haha! Irene! "Me, myself and Irene", Irene??
Thanks given by:
(22-07-2012, 11:37 AM)samass Wrote: What?? Gotta name her... Have you met my bitch? Irene?

Does it have to be people names? lol i just call mine "The 6" "The DT" and "The sexSI" lmao

Thanks given by:
Sounds good, defo need a popping and banging video.
Thanks given by:
Irene as in "irene! f*cking Irene!!"

Anyone get it?

Thanks given by:
Eli, just fyi, I think Lynx charged me £20 or something to swap the exhaust to their 'MOT' system for the mot, then swap it back afterwards... LOL

I'm sure Max will sort yours fine, but if for any reason you ran out of time, it's worth speaking to Lynx; it'll just get sorted without having to bother with it yourself Smile

Oh, and Decats FTWWW Big Grin I took mine to work today, mega pops n bangs all the way there Big Grin God I've missed driving it! The noise on the way up to the limiter, and then the pops n bangs on the way down, EPIC WINNING Big Grin
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 11:14 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Eli, just fyi, I think Lynx charged me £20 or something to swap the exhaust to their 'MOT' system for the mot, then swap it back afterwards... LOL

I'm sure Max will sort yours fine, but if for any reason you ran out of time, it's worth speaking to Lynx; it'll just get sorted without having to bother with it yourself Smile

Oh, and Decats FTWWW Big Grin I took mine to work today, mega pops n bangs all the way there Big Grin God I've missed driving it! The noise on the way up to the limiter, and then the pops n bangs on the way down, EPIC WINNING Big Grin

Thanks Ed! I will def look into this if Max can't help me! Smile

I seem to take the '6 out for no particular reason recently... I had my first gear change pop yesterday. I get too excited, I don't think it's safe... Confused
Thanks given by:
Take this trollathon somewhere else!

Kthanksbye x
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 03:52 PM)MissTait_GTI6 Wrote: Take this trollathon somewhere else!

Kthanksbye x/Ginge

EFA Rolleyes
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Thanks for removing. Maybe you can remove all the other useless non '6 related posts on here?? Smile

haha, I've been using 'kthanksbye' before Ginge, just an FYI...
Thanks given by:

Kthanksbye x

I do hope your not going to be this humourless and complainy next weekend Tongue

Please lighten up a bit, its only banter!
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2012, 04:14 PM)mark_airey Wrote:

Kthanksbye x

I do hope your not going to be this humourless and complainy next weekend Tongue

Please lighten up a bit, its only banter!

I know! I just didn't want my thread to be full up with Ed bashing Tongue
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 40,618 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
Rainbow Diablo 306 HDi Project dhdcdarchy 80 20,590 28-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Foobys PH2 Diablo GTi6 Project Fooby 112 39,940 08-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Last Post: Jonny81191