Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
As some of you may know I broke my ankle in February this year and had to have a plate and pins(Dan, yes I know the pain so you have my sympathies) Anyway in may I managed to tear the ligaments in the very same ankle and they gave me a support splint for it which helped immensely.
Today the consultant had me Xrayed again and said he's not happy with how it's healing as the gap between the two bones is too big and the ligaments aren't knitting together properly so they gave me this
Posts: 10,864
Threads: 117
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
119
Location: Southampton
Car Model/Spec: 306 HDi and friends
Posts: 2,526
Threads: 143
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
10
Location: South East London
Car Model/Spec: Ph3 XUD
(20-07-2012, 02:53 PM)Poodle Wrote: Woop woop, free shoe!
Posts: 8,026
Threads: 376
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
38
Location: Kent
Car Model/Spec: Phase 1 GTI 6
"Sorry officer, it's not my fault, i've got a heavy right foot"
Phaes 1 GTI 6 - Onyx Black
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
Lol - I can't drive in it - its too wide - it hits the brake pedal as well as the gas pedal at the same time :0
Posts: 4,926
Threads: 266
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
18
Location: Somerset
Car Model/Spec: 205 DTurbo
20-07-2012, 04:20 PM
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2012, 04:20 PM by silverzx.)
(20-07-2012, 04:19 PM)ash240970 Wrote: Lol - I can't drive in it - its too wide - it hits the brake pedal as well as the gas pedal at the same time :0
This is why cheap immaculate -auto- RWD turbo cars exist...
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
This is why cheap immaculate -auto- RWD turbo cars exist... 
[/quote]
Yeah but I'm living for the 306
Posts: 2,659
Threads: 115
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
26
Location: Stow
Car Model/Spec: 306
Thats crap mate atleast its geting sorted tho.
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
Yeah it's getting sorted but it costs £3 every time I go to the hospital for parking charges and the minimum stay is 2 hrs and I'm only ever there for like 45 mins. Physio starting again soon but I'm going to ask my GP to refer me locally as I'm not going to pay £3 every week plus fuel
Posts: 2,659
Threads: 115
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
26
Location: Stow
Car Model/Spec: 306
You do realise if ur o the sick or benafits you can claim ur parking back
Posts: 2,014
Threads: 180
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
21
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Car Model/Spec: Broken Phase 2 GTi6
iron man foot?
Team - Inappropriate Footwear. Member 1 of 3.
1. Fooby's Car
2. Fooby's Hire Car(s)
3. Fooby's Company Pool Car
Team Self Improvement
1. Learn to Car
Posts: 8,423
Threads: 171
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
46
Location: Portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: Black 3dr Dturbo
(20-07-2012, 01:36 PM)ash240970 Wrote: ![[Image: 5c066a52-5eed-ebe3.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/5c066a52-5eed-ebe3.jpg)
cool hand in your foot! Where can I get one?
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
(20-07-2012, 08:08 PM)R45_ODV Wrote: You do realise if ur o the sick or benafits you can claim ur parking back 
I'm not on sick pay - I'm on employment and support allowance
Posts: 2,659
Threads: 115
Joined: Apr 2012
Reputation:
26
Location: Stow
Car Model/Spec: 306
Esa then yes mate you can claim ur parking back enquire at the main desk at the hospital
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
(20-07-2012, 08:15 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: (20-07-2012, 01:36 PM)ash240970 Wrote: ![[Image: 5c066a52-5eed-ebe3.jpg]](http://img.tapatalk.com/5c066a52-5eed-ebe3.jpg)
cool hand in your foot! Where can I get one?
It's actually my toes but the angle of the X-ray makes it look like fingers
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
He means the cursor hand I think lol.
Posts: 14,208
Threads: 448
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
51
Location: isle of wight
Car Model/Spec: Pov. Spec White '6
Robocop!
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Posts: 8,423
Threads: 171
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
46
Location: Portsmouth
Car Model/Spec: Black 3dr Dturbo
(20-07-2012, 08:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: He means the cursor hand I think lol. 
BINGO :-)
Posts: 8,298
Threads: 289
Joined: Nov 2011
Reputation:
92
Location: London
Car Model/Spec: Phase 17 R26
Interesting start to your 'Terminator' project! How long before you think the rest will be finished?
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
20-07-2012, 09:51 PM
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2012, 09:55 PM by ash240970.)
(20-07-2012, 08:54 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote: (20-07-2012, 08:43 PM)Toms306 Wrote: He means the cursor hand I think lol. 
BINGO :-)
I can't see what you mean about a cursor hand - what am I missing here??
(20-07-2012, 08:55 PM)Scott Wrote: Interesting start to your 'Terminator' project! How long before you think the rest will be finished?
Just waiting for the Harley Davidson (in my dreams)
Posts: 18,242
Threads: 386
Joined: Dec 2011
Reputation:
87
Location: Suffolk
Car Model/Spec: Focus Titanium
To the right of the screw....there's a hand lol, might have to put your specs on.
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
 ha ha yeah, I can see it now but how did you know I wear glasses?
Posts: 7,152
Threads: 130
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
82
Location: Kingston
Car Model/Spec: 106 GO-NAD
so... that screw... meant to be floating around? is your foot a bit like a 306, in that some of the bolts holding it together, aren't?
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
(20-07-2012, 11:54 PM)samass Wrote: so... that screw... meant to be floating around? is your foot a bit like a 306, in that some of the bolts holding it together, aren't?
That screw that looks like its floating around is actually a single screw on its own with no plate inserted in the back of the bone and screwed forwards and down at the same time the join the actual 2 pieces of bone back together
Posts: 7,152
Threads: 130
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
82
Location: Kingston
Car Model/Spec: 106 GO-NAD
ohhhhhh gotcha
just looked like it was meant to be screwed into the spare hole in the plate
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Posts: 1,776
Threads: 82
Joined: Jan 2012
Reputation:
14
Location: Droitwich, Worcestershire
Car Model/Spec: P0XY Ph2 Dtub 5dr
Nah, it does look odd though, I'm more concerned about the screw that goes through the plate and bone and sticks out the other side
|