Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jamies Track built GTi 6 (new replacement purchased!)
(02-04-2013, 08:46 AM)jammapic Wrote: Hi mate, looks stunning... whens your next track day?

JP

Cheers JP, not too sure yet, got all the "show" ones pencilled in, trouble is that we're getting busy again now, did 3 different race meetings over bank holiday weekend alone!

I'm desperate to get to Brands and Donnington though, how about you?

(01-04-2013, 10:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Dont say that!!!! lol

Bright white 17's against the dark blue, you know it makes sense! and then you can get 330's too!

(01-04-2013, 10:35 PM)sam Wrote: Haha yeah always take abit more money up lmao always has stuff I want haha

Think what it's like working next door!

(02-04-2013, 08:39 AM)Ed Doe Wrote: Shit I've just looked at the photos again on a computer; your car is gorgeous!! Love it man!

We need to meet up one evening in the next few weeks and go for a drive and some photos; you're only down the road from me; be rude not to!! Tongue

Btw, HOW do you deal with your car daily with no interior etc? Is it not hideously loud? I couldn't deal with mine, took the rear seats out and rear carpets etc for the weekend, it was literally ZOMGAMAZING when on full-chat, but just getting about it was way too loud and the road noise was awful! I'd have to wear ear-plugs to and from work!

Yeah, just that bit of paint to do. definitely go for a hoon about, loads of decent roads over near me.

To be fair I either use my van or the Rangey daily, 306 only comes out on nice dry sunny morning blasts to work or evenings and weekends. Having said that though it's really not loud at all. I was on the phone all the way up to ACE when you last went and it was fine, then you pulled up at the last lights behind me though red lining the thing, all I remember was thinking "what the f*ck's that!" lol.
Yours must just be loud!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
paintwork all done, both the wing and bumper looking so much better.

Also thought I'd have a litle go with one of these.
[Image: 9DBE1187-8882-474D-93C4-1EA954D4CAF5-507...073e33.jpg]

With the solid adjustable linkages there is no play and its pretty solid, I've also managed to move the centre point of the gear stick further back towards the seat as fully strapped in before i could literally only just reach first gear.

However I'm not totally sure about the feel, It's now extremely short and feels quite aggressive, we'll see what adjustments can be made.

Had to tax all the vehicles this month too! absolute joke!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I liked having the quick shift, but maybe in is more aggressive with the rose jointed links!!

If you get rid of the quick shift, shout me up!! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking ace chap....

love the silver 1.2s...nice and fresh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've put it on right down at the bottom if you know what I mean alee?

Thanks piggy! Yeah I like bright wheels, always make a car!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:18 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: Well masking complete! Oil-burner your a top bloke!

Was going to go normal satin black but then got a bit carried away!
Black, metal flake and then lacquered with a cheeky little extra quirk that i havnt to my knowledge seen done! Unfortunately photos don't really do justice and I think carbon vinyl would have looked like the Hiroshima bomb had just exploded! Opinions please!?
[Image: BD55B2A3-C984-4A31-B27A-F74402943671-318...47d5fa.jpg]
[Image: A51303F3-1DD3-4BA2-8BDD-2DAEDBFC129F-318...4c9adb.jpg]
[Image: FAE75687-B1AB-4EDC-A392-B7F2D519D296-318...de1989.jpg]
[Image: 59E14BC1-4949-4EFE-8837-EF8323FA70E8-318...5d0d57.jpg]

Looking good mate, glad you found the guide useful!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Absolutely spot on, I owe you a beer when I meet you this year!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Was a nice original idea putting the Sticker I side the light....! Wink
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No worries at all mate, I like to see hoe people get on with my guides!
Awesome mate, hoping to get to as many meets as I can this year so we'll definitely bump into each other at some point!
Need to get my project sorted before I go anywhere tho! Lol

You'll have to let me know if you make it up to Donington and I might come for some track time.

(13-04-2013, 10:28 PM)Alee83 Wrote: Was a nice original idea putting the Sticker I side the light....! Wink

If I was you I would have sprayed over the sticker so it was just raised would have been a little more subtle!
Still looks good tho, especially on the blaze!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah we'll be up at donnington with trucks later in the year. Also a track I'd very much like to drive round!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Seen the sticker thing before!

Mrspuglove's
Thanks given by:
I've had my GE quickshift with baker linkages on for ages! It's as low as it'll go too, and i find the shift action is fine? HEAPS better than the OEM "Reach into the back-seat for 2nd, 4th & Reverse"... Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Yeah it just doesn't seem as smooth, almost notchy
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Well, weekend off from the car, was interpreting a nice warm weekend after last week and was all set and ready for a grand clear out! Especially after collecting shit all winter and filling the place up!

Set to on Friday having a grand clear out, sending tonnes of stuff to the tip, moved everything out and repainted the floors and walls all set for a busy summer. Called in at castle combe Saturday too, looked very good, plenty of variety, would of taken the car but was occupied with a house move instead!

Karts out next weekend so I expect I'll be on that most of the week, been a while since my ass has been scraping the floor at nearly 90mph!

All in all, abad month for 306 developments what with 3 family funerals and a hectic work schedule but I'll be back on it soon!
[Image: 551B76F4-8CE2-4343-9B4E-EF445EDCE720-197...2dbd6f.jpg]
[Image: B8C1D78B-AA07-488B-B31C-2FF6C0E9FB35-197...9da131.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0568.jpg]

All finished and housed away again!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Giving everything a quick clean for the weekend I got a bit carried away and did under the bonnet of the 306 totally too! Even though I still had loads of other stuff to do! Lol
[Image: 58499B0A-4916-4196-94B5-F72CE3E923C6-657...de7957.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Very nice bud Smile clean under the hood might give mine a good clean soon Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
One of my favourite cars on here... looking good!
JP
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys!

Just doing a few bits to get on top of it now, it's at a fairly decent spec that I want to use it as it is first before doing a lot more so that there's something to compare differences too.

I'd like to build a decent N/A engine, the facilities and knowledge is around me, get a donor engine and start from that

Jammapic you've changed cams haven't you?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Gotta be the best blaze on the forum Smile
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yes I have mate.

I'm actually quite enjoying N/A power now!

JP
JP
Thanks given by:
Did anything come of your meeting of a DS3 at ace cafe?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not yet chief, touch wood!

You just can't beat N/A, I'm looking to start building ready to pop it in the next project, may even grace this one too!

Steel crank and rods FTW!

Everyone looking forward to FCS and pugfest?
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Cars been sat for a bit now, busy building racing cars and refurbing wheels.

Got some 21mm bars and a couple of other bits, so when the weather stops wanking about I'll do a bit more!

Reversing out in the van tonight I liked the way it was sitting, thought it was looked subtle? so took a pic!!

[Image: B3D67600-81C0-4430-A26C-0EFDB0BCFE6C-110...f118cc.jpg]

Wheels in for a tidy up
[Image: 10834E14-F370-4269-9EB7-9911FD49AF61-110...29cf6a.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Mmmm MO5s?

Wheels are gunna look SICK, they be on for ace?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
These aren't my set, they are for someone else. Plus they are only 15's, very very light though
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
lovely car bro!
Thanks given by:
Quiet little time at the moment, cars pretty much at the state i first want to use it in really. Just going to get out on track and see how it feels and what changes I can make after that.

Had to get some new mirrors though after a few close shaves on the road, due to sitting to far back I just couldn't get the glass pushed out enough to see fully behind me, got a tad dangerous, cheers Leemus!
[Image: C04F9927-567A-4A43-9CC1-890CA22643F9-157...c16fe9.jpg]

Her indoors found my driving so boring and my seats so comfy on a little trip out over the weekend!
[Image: 3E6B1D29-C5C3-4509-A247-81E3E17663D0-157...3a250f.jpg]

Went and watched a bit more autograss to over the weekend and decided I'm going to have a crack at it with my mate, whose just bought one. Better crack on saving!
[Image: A0E7B0DE-3AEB-4091-8059-6F74D52D5938-157...5d54ea.jpg]
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Appologies for the lack of updates!

Been some life changing circumstances on the go the past few weeks.

Hopefully got some good bits to do this weekend though ready for pugfest and Fcs

New rotors and pads, new brake fluid and bleed nipples, 21mm rear bars, oil and filter service and plum up the cooler, gearbox oil change and a very good look through on the ramp!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Hope everything is ok.
JP
Thanks given by:
looking forward to having a good nose around this at pugfest mate Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…