WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiNgNuTz's Diablo DT
35mpg your best? You could have a 1.8 for that! Big Grin

I agree with Tom though, the red light on these comes on at different times, and when you only put 20 quid in a few litres difference does make a lot of difference to the mpg. You need to fill to the click everytime with the same pump to get accurate mpg......and yes I do do that. Wink
Thanks given by:
(29-11-2012, 02:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 35mpg your best? You could have a 1.8 for that! Big Grin

I agree with Tom though, the red light on these comes on at different times, and when you only put 20 quid in a few litres difference does make a lot of difference to the mpg. You need to fill to the click everytime with the same pump to get accurate mpg......and yes I do do that. Wink

This is exactly why i want to fix whatever the problem is! I bought a derv in the hope of returning some decent miles per tank, and am sick and tired of actually doing similar miles as i got from the 1.4! I tend to flick the ignition off then on again while driving to try and get an average reading from the fuel gauge, and when the light comes on, and i cant get it to go off (and stay off) again, i know its time to put some diesel in. This is what i did before putting the 20 quid in, and have just put a jerry cans worth in to tide me over till i get paid tomorrow. 94 miles to 20 quid is NOT why i wanted a derv.

Although i do have booooooost though, so thats something. lol

Anyone actually got any suggestions as to where i might be able to look for a leak? Or at least some reason why im losing fuel so quickly! Confused
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bloody hell, haven't updated this for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES! Got my sideskirts on today after spraying them yesterday:

ThumbsUp

Still got my fuel issue, used approx 1/4 tank so far from full, and done barely 90 miles. Dodgy

Re-filtered the turbo this week too, after the arch liner in the o/s/f arch fell out. Figured i might as well while the car was jacked up refitting the arch liner. Now i can go "jumping" in puddles again without having to worry about sucking water up the turbo. Big Grin

Also, for anyone wondering why im running harriers on the front at the moment, im kinda skint at the moment, and cant afford to replace the 2 worn tyres on the Lasers, so the harriers will see me through so i can afford to put some tyres on the Arianes for summer. lol

Thats kind of all for now, hopefully over the next couple of months, i will be acquiring a decat and mid-section for the exhaust, but got a service to do next month, and the cambelt/waterpump/tensioners could do with being done soon too. So many things, so little time/money! Angry
Thanks given by:
Starting to look similar to mine, just a different colour lol

[Image: 19062010234.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good mate, are those ph1 side strips? I desperately need some lows for mine, and i want to colour code the door handles too. The list of things i want to do with this car is too damn long! Got some LED rear clusters coming from CJ_Derv, but im still unsure as to whether im even going to like them! Couldnt pass up the £25 posted price tag though! Didnt help that i lost my job the next day! Doh

The exhaust mods might have to wait for a month or two, depends on what happens tomorrow regarding a potential new job. I'd very much like to get her lowered before FCS, as with some luck, i'll have tyres on the Arianes (and the Arianes on the car) before July, and she'll look much better about 60mm lower than she is right now. Wink
Thanks given by:
Still lacking in updates, due to change of job and other such "more important" things. Rolleyes

Got some Bosch lines and injectors coming to compliment the pump ive got......now i just need to put the pump back together, get someone else who is a bit more skilled in taking them apart to refurb it for me, cos im lazy, then get the damn thing fitted to my car! lol

In other news, massive thanks to gareth7 for the centre vent gauge pod:

[Image: 2013-03-05191031_zpsf0ba1832.jpg]

Much better than the original blu-tac approach. Rofl

That is all for now folks!
Thanks given by:
Im sorry but the center console looks awfull. Just looks well to sprayed and tacky IMO

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 08:28 PM)puglove Wrote: Im sorry but the center console looks awfull. Just looks well to sprayed and tacky IMO

Too shiney?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well, I like it.....so nerr. Tongue lol
Thanks given by:
Fair do's

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Tbh though, that is a terrible quality pic, i dont think it does the real life version any justice whatsoever. Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2013, 09:10 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: Tbh though, that is a terrible quality pic, i dont think it does the real life version any justice whatsoever. Wink

Agreed....the photo quality is terrible mate lol!

Your gauge pod looks 100 times better in real life!
Thanks given by:
As I mentioned in an earlier post, CJ_Derv sold me some LED rear lights, which I ummed and arred about for ages about whether I wanted to keep them or not. I like the fact all the bulbs are led, but wasn't keen on the actual design of the black/clear units. I'd really wanted the red ones, as I've seen them on a ph1 306 in my area, and i thought they looked fairly oem.

So I bought some red tint spray, and sprayed the clear ones. I'm well chuffed with how it came out after masking them up and spraying them, they almost look like they were red from the factory!

Comments welcome. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm not a fan mate Sad
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
And before anyone says it, yes I know the car is filthy! lol

(16-03-2013, 02:34 PM)declantg Wrote: I'm not a fan mate Sad

Fair enough. Haterz gon' hate. Wink
Thanks given by:
Tbh there not bad! There are alot worse ones out there though I wish they made rear lights like there 106 jewels lights Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
90 miles on a quater of a tank lmao

Thats nearly as bad as Living for the 306gti6/rallye
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Like dec said not my cup of tea. But if you're happy that's what matters.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the centre and dash consoles mate, cyclones would look sweet!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the input Tallguy, but cyclones are not for me, got my Arianes to go on in the summer, once ive put tyres on them. Wink
Thanks given by:
Needs slamming loads Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I know, thats one of the jobs thats on the list for before FCS. Hoping to lay my hands on some 60mm springs once Pugmarshall replies to his parts thread. lol
Thanks given by:
Arianes good call, own wheels even if not for that vehicle originally are a great addition
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I did a rough photoshop of them on my car (lowered it as well), baring in mind they're already powder coated white, just gotta repaint the centre caps:

[Image: 644153_4324551706271_1541516576_n.jpg]
Thanks given by:
They's a guy on Facebook who's got some ta coilovers and rear shocks he fairly open to offers if you want them Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Only after springs tbh, can't justify the price of coilovers at the moment, not long started a new job on less wages than the last one, so funds are even tighter than usual at the moment. Sad
Thanks given by:
So my lowering springs should be with me any day now, but thats not the reason for my update today.

Dan! has very kindly offered me his services (inb4giggidy) on the weekend of the 13/14th of April, in which we will be refurbing and fitting the Bosch pump, as well as a Cambelt/tensioners/waterpump change.

What i'm after now, is any specific part numbers i need for the belt and waterpump, a Bosch seal kit, and rough prices i should be paying. I am doing my own research before anyone points me in the direction of google, but as i have mentioned many times throughout this thread, funds are still tight, and i could do with getting the right parts first time round, as cheap as possible, so any advice is welcome! Big Grin

And before you step in Dan!, i know you said you could sort the seal kit, but how am i gonna learn if i always get someone else to source me the parts!? lol
Thanks given by:
So it's finally happened! Angel

I pulled up at my mates about 11.30am, and pretty much cracked straight on. Big thanks going to Ginge191 for the guide on here, came in very handy! Started off looking like this:

[Image: 2013-03-30120317_zpsc22e208a.jpg]

Got the first strut out fairly quickly, with a bit of an oopsy:

[Image: 2013-03-30133014_zpsbcc55cc6.jpg]

Had a few issues along the way (as always! Rolleyes ), but with a helping hand from a couple of mates, we got there in the end:

[Image: 2013-03-30172628_zpsfba84c47.jpg]

Big Grin

Well chuffed about it, this day has been a long time coming! Hoping it might settle a little lower over the next few days, but overall im more than happy with my days work.

Got the Bosch pump going on in a fortnights time, unless anything drastic happens. whistle

Hopefully gonna give the old girl a wash in the next couple of days, and get some proper photos. Wink
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 12:23 AM)7057sam Wrote: 90 miles on a quater of a tank lmao

Thats nearly as bad as Living for the 306gti6/rallye

90 miles to a quarter!?!? Thats wishful!!! lol

Looks good. Like the wheels!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Nice to see you got them fitted! Look much better lowered!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WiNgNuTz's Smoothed HDi Estate WiNgNuTz 150 57,551 25-06-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard