THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE_Liam - Diablo Phase 2 DT - To break, sell or crack on?
Right...

I've been thinking for a few weeks that I was gonna get rid, no real enthusiasm for modding cars anymore and the 306 is riddled with issues, but I'm gonna try push through it. I sold the Nimrods but I'm trying to sort some Cyclones, so if I can get those sorted next weekend its getting the bumpers swapped, rad changed, 'clones, a good clean and a few other niggles sorted, then I'll just run it until the MOT and see what it needs. I can not be arsed changing my car again lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Bosch it at weekend Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Might just do that. Get the injectors out ok?
Thanks given by:
Stick with it, it's a good straight car! Just wait till the weather pics up and you'll be away!!
[Image: Sig3_zpscd005eb1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea stop been a fanny and get it bosched, lowered and cycloned!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2013, 10:27 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Might just do that. Get the injectors out ok?

havent done that yet. think engine is coming out tomorrow
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Slight update. Had it checked over by a mate who uses to be an MOT man, he's flagged up what it'll need. Loads of really minor stuff like a bust windscreen washer, couple of bulbs, loose arch liner, the only major things are 3 tyres are damn near illegal and 2 have been fouling the body (65 profile, wrong size), both TREs are shot and a CV gaiter is shot, but besides that it should be fine, so this weekend I'm gonna swap the bumpers, try get some clones, do all the minor stuff and then drop it off with my mate for the CV boot and TREs doing. Think it's the better weather but for some reason I'm interested again Big Grin
Thanks given by:
send some of that 'better' weather down here please!

so you sticking with the bosch aswell?
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 07:40 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Slight update. Had it checked over by a mate who uses to be an MOT man, he's flagged up what it'll need. Loads of really minor stuff like a bust windscreen washer, couple of bulbs, loose arch liner, the only major things are 3 tyres are damn near illegal and 2 have been fouling the body (65 profile, wrong size), both TREs are shot and a CV gaiter is shot, but besides that it should be fine, so this weekend I'm gonna swap the bumpers, try get some clones, do all the minor stuff and then drop it off with my mate for the CV boot and TREs doing. Think it's the better weather but for some reason I'm interested again Big Grin

Feel your pain my mot tomoz
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 08:37 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: send some of that 'better' weather down here please!

so you sticking with the bosch aswell?

Ha, I'll try mate, but when I say better I mean no snow and at least 8 degrees lol

Yeah I've got the Bosch to go on, it needs a cambelt as well so I'm gonna do that when its MOTed, main priority is getting it MOTed for Cornwall...
Thanks given by:
When you down again?
Thanks given by:
22nd June mate. We'll do some drinking Smile
Thanks given by:
dude this thread needs more pics.
Thanks given by:
That we will! I'll see if I can get a few days off
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 08:33 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: dude this thread needs more pics.

I know mate but I haven't really changed much so it looks like it did in the first pics and at the Xmas meet. It'll be looking different Saturday so I'll get some new pics up.

(15-05-2013, 08:35 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: That we will! I'll see if I can get a few days off

Good man!
Thanks given by:
Well, good and bad news. Good news, picked up some black clones from Tyronnster this morning, and I reckon they look pretty badass. Bad news, on the way to a quiet spot to take some pics my rad decided to implode.

I'm glad it happened at the end of my street and not on the 110 mile round trip to Bolton and back, and I've got a spare anyway, but it looks like I have a fun Sunday morning of struggling to get that f*cking bottom hose back on ahead of me...

Joys of old cars eh?
Thanks given by:
Good to meet ya bro, Sorry couldn't talk longer but had drop my sister at cadets
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2013, 08:54 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: Good to meet ya bro, Sorry couldn't talk longer but had drop my sister at cadets

No worries mate. Clones are great by the way, thought I had a warped brake disc but one of my old wheels must have been badly balanced, braking is smooth now.
Thanks given by:
Plus u met rugby hero lol
Thanks given by:
Bottom hose 2 seconds to do that Smile
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
(18-05-2013, 10:16 PM)Tyronnster Wrote: Plus u met rugby hero lol

Ha yeah, never would have met Ellery Hanley if not for buying those wheels. The bloke was my hero when I was a kid.

(19-05-2013, 12:15 AM)karl1989 Wrote: Bottom hose 2 seconds to do that Smile

How?!?!
Thanks given by:
Today's progress...

Midway through rad change/bumper change...

[Image: gebehute.jpg]

Broke one of the prongs on the bastard bottom hose which resulted in a temporary bodge...

[Image: aqytyqa5.jpg]

And cleaned up with a new front bumper and my new clones...

[Image: hape6ybu.jpg]

[Image: 7esytura.jpg]

[Image: u3e5yqyb.jpg]

Good days work all in all Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Are these magic photos or I'd it they clean, looks really nice, I'm not so sure I can say the same about your bottom hose though ....
Thanks given by:
(19-05-2013, 07:55 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: Are these magic photos or I'd it they clean, looks really nice, I'm not so sure I can say the same about your bottom hose though ....

The magic of crappy iPhone photos mate, the paint is pretty rough, rims need a refurb, and it still has the scraped back bumper on it as well, but hey, it's an improvement. As for the bottom hose, that'll hold for now, need a new bottom hose but that can wait until it's MOT'ed again. I actually broke the one on the Sedan in the same place, bodged it up the same and it was fine for the 5k I did in the car before selling it lol

MOT Wednesday hopefully...
Thanks given by:
Got MOT in half an hour, fingers crossed!
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, 306 bottom hoses are a bastard.

Good luck with the MOT
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 12:06 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Got MOT in half an hour, fingers crossed!

best of luck
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Cheers lads Smile
Thanks given by:
Passed! Big Grin

Advisories on excessive handbrake travel and slightly low braking effort at the back, but otherwise clean as a whistle! I'd already changed both TREs, outer CV joint gaiters and sorted the bulbs and other minor stuff.

Also, did this:

[Image: vyjuqypy.jpg]

[Image: geju3ete.jpg]

And bought some new plates, not fitted yet because I still need to swap the rear bumper but couldn't resist this...

[Image: jaraheny.jpg]

That's it for now Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks to the fine work of Jenksowls, I now have a Bosch pump and a new cambelt Smile

[Image: aba4eduh.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Project T Phase 2.5 Diablo DTurbo... Kwik 90 41,528 24-02-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: stevieg
  Project Crap - Fix or Break?? Toms306 37 8,894 20-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Phase 2 Diablo Red Dturbo Richieboi13 0 1,070 10-07-2014, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Richieboi13