Oops....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oops....
Mine had a tachometer, electric windows, remote central locking, PAS, sunroof and colour coded bumpers. Think that's all.
Thanks given by:
Meh, not jealous. Tongue
I was gonna get a 1.4 rolland garros but couldn't get it today in the end....that had loads of spec!
Thanks given by:
They're amazing on fuel, best I got was 570 to the 45 litre tank, that was mostly motorway with me sitting at 80 which probably isn't the most economical for that engine.
Thanks given by:
Dunno yet, ill fill it up tomoro.....I put a tenner in on the way home and it still wasn't off the red haha.

Also I can't sit at 80, epic wheel wo ble after 75 lol.
Thanks given by:
Ah I see you got the nad! Love these cars, can I call dibs when you get rid if you dont break it?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I had mine off the clock back in the heady days of being a student. Down one of the mahoosive hills coming into Cornwall Tongue

And mines the ph1. None of this Zest sheeeyite Tongue

And Tom mtfu, not having pas is manly, you might grow some muscle and get a gf. And it'll be all because of the nad Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Listen to you ladies moaning about not having PAS, I learnt to drive in my dads Series 3 Land Rover 109, now that was a car that could have done with PAS. If you need it on a 106, you need to hit the gym lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Haha, you guys haven't seen how weak and feeble I am! lmao

Quick question, where are you supposed to fill the coolant to on this? It's a black expansion tank with no max mark as far as I can see lol. :?
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Quick question, where are you supposed to fill the coolant to on this? It's a black expansion tank with no max mark as far as I can see lol. :?

Lol Liam, I love not having pas. Reverse parking with 1hand seems so much more manly now lmao

Ask Dum where the exp. Tank is... He knows all about it lol!
Thanks given by:
I usually prefer not having it to be honest, the steering gives you so much more feedback it's unreal, plus it's one less thing to break. After the experience I've had with the Octavia, I'm feeling the need for carbs, points and condensors, wind-up windows and no PAS, old skool simplicity lol
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:Redline? I have a clock........ Tongue

This is apparently some sort of zest lol, no idea which one as it literally has no spec lol....even winding windows. :o

Zest2
Here's some more info for you Smile

[Image: 52c61760.jpg]
[Image: e8f6b15a.jpg]
[Image: 1a833c3f.jpg]
[Image: cca0a2a2.jpg]
[Image: 88021d52.jpg]
[Image: 96060c5e.jpg]

I would actually like one of these to have for when mine inevitably dies again.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Jane why app is that, I like it Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Matt Wrote:Jane why app is that, I like it Smile

Forget about that app and get yourself a spell checker Tongue
Thanks given by:
THIS f*cking IPHONE PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!

I've called him jake Jane and James recently now :|
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
What sort of MPG does it get running like that, Ruan? :think:

/toms306
Thanks given by:
12mpg, it's f*cking noisy, uncomfortable, unreliable...

But who gives a flying f*ck?
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Ruan Wrote:12mpg, it's f*cking noisy, uncomfortable, unreliable...

But who gives a flying f*ck?

My bother owns an Ibiza TDi.............the turbo has turned into 2 pieces by snapping the shaft and the compressor side totally falling off, its had the HG done about 4 times and I don't think it has worked for more than a couple of days before the next massive fail, its a POS lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:

lol Mine always try's to auto correct Matt to Mary! Think I will just let it in future!

It's "My car check" and it's free too Smile.

[Image: 9b2c4fd0.jpg]
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:

lol Mine always try's to auto correct Matt to Mary! Think I will just let it in future!

It's "My car check" and it's free too Smile.

[Image: 9b2c4fd0.jpg]

Strange, mine doesn't. Haha although just typed jake and it's let me put it?! Wtaf?

Sweet ill get that app Smile cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Anyone bitching about not having power steering want's to try my car first, then you can shut up and MTFU.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Rippthrough Wrote:Anyone bitching about not having power steering want's to try my car first, then you can shut up and MTFU.

But you chose to make yours worse. Tongue

And I agree, that is a good app Jake!! Wonder if its on android too.... :think:
Thanks given by:
So Ive broke the 106 too Sad

Theres a clunking noise under certain load at some corners.......thought it was a rubbing liner or mudflap but it isnt......so I reckon its the CV joint. If it is I did 95mph on a f*cked cv joint. Confusedhock:

Anyway, do you reckon I can pick up a complete NS driveshaft from the scrappy fairly cheaply? And are they fairly easy on the 106? Havent even jacked it up yet so no idea...
Thanks given by:
Toms306 Wrote:So Ive broke the 106 too Sad

Theres a clunking noise under certain load at some corners.......thought it was a rubbing liner or mudflap but it isnt......so I reckon its the CV joint. If it is I did 95mph on a f*cked cv joint. Confusedhock:

Anyway, do you reckon I can pick up a complete NS driveshaft from the scrappy fairly cheaply? And are they fairly easy on the 106? Havent even jacked it up yet so no idea...

so is it like 1 knock per rotation of the wheel? or is it the odd noise every so often? Do you have any shaking of the steering wheel under load, or does th gearstick wobble?

I had a cv joint snap on my old zx coming down a sliproad off the motorway, and all that happened was I lost drive, its really not that much to worry about Tom...
Thanks given by:
CV joints are cheap, bit of a faff to change on a 106 but I wouldn't worry Wink
Thanks given by:
Knowing you Tom, you forgot the wheelbolts.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Ok its basically 'knockknockknock etc' at certain corners, any speed, any gear.

And of course the wheel and gearstick shake...its a 14 year old 106!! :? But yeah the wheel wobble over 75 or underload is unbearable lol.

I noticed it failed the last MOT on a bad cv boot on that side though (not stopping dirt ingress to joint)....so i assume the boot was stuck back on without repacing the joint so its now shagged.
Thanks given by:
CBA with changing joints tbh, rather just change the whole shaft.

And lol ripp, spose i should check theyre tight tbh... :?
Thanks given by:
The wheel and gearstick shouldn't shake...
Thanks given by:
you cant change the joints on a 106 anyway, they only come as a whole shaft. easy job if thats what it is, but coudn't be sure
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  oops, im late on a friday daddyfixit 2 1,771 12-10-2018, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Oops... Sian 13 3,250 28-02-2015, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  Oops another car ozonehostile 51 6,938 11-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Toms306