DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DPF Issues... (Update page 4, March)
And as per usual Tom, you are wrong. I know who changed your tag line but am not saying :p

Is this still not fixed!?! Also, has the cost of the dpf and other stuff actually outweighed the small amount of fuel youre loosing per tank?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Lol, fair enough.

Its not the fuel loss that's the main issue...its the fact the diesel is filling up the oil lol... It's already well over the max mark in just 2 months. Plus the backpressure from the DPF putting more strain on a known weak turbo.

And no, not fixed yet, don't get the time and the driveway is just a mud pit. Hopefully everyone will f*ck off tomorrow and I'll get a few hours to give it a go...
Thanks given by:
Big Grin a Ford

only ever had two fords the best experiance with both of them was when i sold them and handed over the keys
Thanks given by:
lol

My Dad's always been a Ford man....so I'd been avoiding them...but now I've got one, genuinely don't know why it's the first I've bought! Confused Regret buying one with a Peugeot DPF though! lol
Thanks given by:
Hmm, having a better look at the DPF. The crush bend at the top looks pretty restrictive, and I'd assume it to be a mandrel bend on the original? Is it likely to make a noticeable difference on something with such a small amount of power?

Why do I always find something to worry about! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Youll not notice a difference, i presume the bend is a bit flater on the corner, all cheap exhaust parts seem to be like that.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 10:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, having a better look at the DPF. The crush bend at the top looks pretty restrictive, and I'd assume it to be a mandrel bend on the original? Is it likely to make a noticeable difference on something with such a small amount of power?

The bend on the original is probably the same. Stop bloody worrying and get on with it.
Also, oil filling up with diesel? Id expect a little blow by but if its noticeably filling up the oil, that doesn't sound good!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well, more than a bit flatter tbf... Confused Probably lost 60% area there. Sad

[Image: IMAG4158_zpsb7aae0d1.jpg]

They picture it well n ads so it can't be seen. But others look like proper bends, eg - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-1-6...1c2be75254
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 10:34 PM)Niall Wrote:
(19-11-2014, 10:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, having a better look at the DPF. The crush bend at the top looks pretty restrictive, and I'd assume it to be a mandrel bend on the original? Is it likely to make a noticeable difference on something with such a small amount of power?

The bend on the original is probably the same. Stop bloody worrying and get on with it.
Also, oil filling up with diesel? Id expect a little blow by but if its noticeably filling up the oil, that doesn't sound good!

Theyll fill the oil with diesel from continually trying to regen, but yeah its not the best thing to have pumping around the engine.
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 10:34 PM)Niall Wrote:

Considering the OEM DPF costs £800 I'd hope they use decent bends! lol

Active regens use post injection to heat the DPF, it's that that causes oil issues, especially switching the engine off while that's in progress - which is every day atm!
Thanks given by:
Thats pretty badly made, you could always cut the bend of your old one and weld it onto the new one if you really wanted to.
Thanks given by:
Except I cant weld...or the DPF would've be gutted! lol

Only really got one shot at it (tomorrow) so I'll have to stick it on and have for the best. Will be annoyed if it drives worse after though. Sad
Thanks given by:
Youll not notice a thing id say.
Thanks given by:
Hope you're right lol. They've sold thousands so I guess it can't be that noticeable.
Thanks given by:
that pipe looks like its been dropped on its end
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 06:20 AM)cully Wrote: that pipe looks like its been dropped on its end

This tbh.. That looks kinked rather than bent lol
Thanks given by:
That looks damaged to me Undecided

[Image: %24(KGrHqN,!p0FBg6dmWlIBQb-+KY4bg~~60_1.JPG]

Duno what pic you're looking at tom, but thats quite clear to me!
No kink!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
That's the ~£400 link I shared, not made by the same place as the sub £200 one...

I did wonder if it'd been dropped, but surely the hole wouldn't be circular if it was dropped with enough force to cause damage like that?
Thanks given by:
Only just seen that pic. That's kinked tom!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Sent an email to the supplier...

Quote:Hi Tom, I am sorry to say that the unit you have received has been damaged. I will request that the factory send you another unit.

Sigh... I had one f*cking chance to change it as well, won't get the chance next week so it'll be a fortnight before I can give it another go. Sad Admittedly the supplier replied very quickly and is obviously happy to resolve the problem which is good.

On the plus side, I've been impulse buying more shit that I can't afford so I now have a cruise control wheel to go and fit instead...
Thanks given by:
Sorry if I've missed this.. but was there no warranty with the car when you bought it? I'd have thought the DPF would be covered or is it classed as a consumable?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
DPF is a consumable, they're never covered, even on brand new cars!
Thanks given by:
Wow.. given how expensive they are and how often they needs replacing due to faults.. that's shit!
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-11-2014, 10:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Except I cant weld...or the DPF would've be gutted! lol

Only really got one shot at it (tomorrow) so I'll have to stick it on and have for the best. Will be annoyed if it drives worse after though. Sad
I have a welder.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Err, yeah, that's exactly why they're a consumable...think how much the manufacturers would lose having to fit £800 DPF's every other year!

Anyway, I've put the cruise wheel on now, and caused even bigger issues. Radio wont accept the code that's written in the book. Confused And I cant set the year past 2013! lol

Also received my oil filter which appears to have been damaged in the post (where the paper joins on a seam its ripped open a bit).

I give up tbh. Dodgy

(20-11-2014, 11:59 AM)bashbarnard Wrote:
(19-11-2014, 10:52 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Except I cant weld...or the DPF would've be gutted! lol

I have a welder.

I know but I'd have no way of getting it to you after removing it, it's a long walk lol.
Thanks given by:
I can pick you up to do it if need be. Bit of veg money.

Have to be one evening though after work
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the offer but its too much hassle my end (long story that I won't you with lol). I 'might' see about gutting the original in a while though so I'll keep it in mind.
Thanks given by:
If you do want to gut the original. Just give me a bell man. Your more than welcome to pop to workshop
Thanks given by:
Found the answer to the date issue...

Quote:To set the date to 2014 you have to set the date to 31/12/2013 and the time to 23:59. Now you have to wait 1 minute and the date will be 01/01/2014. Afterwards you should be able to set the correct date and time.

I have no idea why though! lol
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2014, 01:06 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Found the answer to the date issue...

Quote:To set the date to 2014 you have to set the date to 31/12/2013 and the time to 23:59. Now you have to wait 1 minute and the date will be 01/01/2014. Afterwards you should be able to set the correct date and time.

I have no idea why though! lol

Maybe because they thought it wouldnt make it until 2014? Haha
Thanks given by: