SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SRowells Diablo 1.8 - Jenvey 45s & OMEX600
Yup, that, bit late now but I can bung you tge part numbers tomorrow for the bush
Thanks given by:
Yeh that'd be handy mate if the partner ones are still meant to be better than powerflex.
Thanks given by:
I have a pair of Meyle HD P bushes still in the box if any good to you?
Thanks given by:
I really fail to see how partner bushes can be 'better' than powerflex but both are a substantial improvement over stock. Powerflex just has the benefit of a lifetime guarantee
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
because they use rubber not poly and are much cheaper.
Thanks given by:
So how is rubber 'better' than poly? Poly is at least a lot longer wearing than rubber, but albeit with increased road noise.

Genuine question.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(16-07-2014, 12:14 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: So how is rubber 'better' than poly? Poly is at least a lot longer wearing than rubber, but albeit with increased road noise.

Genuine question.

Yeh this is what i thought :/
Thanks given by:
Finally got my pictures from Castle Combe Spring Action Day. After paying £20 for a blank CD I finally got emailed the images...

[Image: Springact260414912_zps1e6ad7ae.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414904_zps9e0f1970.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414903_zpsdfa8524c.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414874_zps607f8587.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414873_zps350f967a.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414845_zps0469e459.jpg]
[Image: Springact260414844_zpsc3ebbd11.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(15-07-2014, 06:27 PM)SRowell Wrote: I then went to peugeot and they dont sell them individually and only sell them as part of a complete arm for £100+.
Not true mate, they definitely do them separate for about £25ea as I looked it up just a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks given by:
The guy was obviously a plonker then. He showed me a screen and everything.
Thanks given by:
Did get any of mine?

Ahh your first trackday, remmber it well Smile

Still up for September 13(forge action day)
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(21-07-2014, 10:50 PM)7057sam Wrote: Did get any of mine?

Ahh your first trackday, remmber it well Smile

Still up for September 13(forge action day)

Ive asked the guy for your photos too. Yes I will be up for Forge Action Day! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Quick update... Not much has been happening as ive been busy with two jobs. Had a bit of time for ace though!

[Image: IMG_20140721_210615_zpsfqpxulha.jpg]
[Image: IMG_20140721_210626_zpszxpivd9z.jpg]

And my green stuff pads arrived. Fitted them and thought i had a problem but it seems to not be as bad as I thought. Just need to bleed the brakes properly and then we should be all good! Braking is definitely better and theres hardly any dust compared to the old ones.

I also have pagid pads for the rear with a new fitting kit. Got some threadlock and have applied it to the pbush bolts Tongue
Hopefully there will be time to do a bit more work next weekend.

Unfortunately the pickup truck we use for launching boats was missing at the weekend so i had to use my car to launch a boat. Not great as the water came above the sideskirts so im sure the salt water will have reduced the lifespan of the car by a good number of years... yay!
Thanks given by:
Managed to fit the rear pads over the weekend. The discs bolts all needed drilling out so that was a fun job at 10pm!
Anyway all done now. New pads all round and braking is better than ever! Big Grin

[Image: IMG_20140802_210901_zpswbcdy79m.jpg]

Just a few more days till pay day and then I can buy some more goodies. Its my birthday soon and Ive taken 4 days off work. Hopefully ill be able to get a few more jobs done on the car and continue to tidy it up.
Thanks given by:
Those screws don't need drilling out, just make sure you line up the holes if any of the screw is sticking out
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2014, 07:43 PM)Connor Wrote: Those screws don't need drilling out, just make sure you line up the holes if any of the screw is sticking out

The problem wasnt that they werent sitting properly. The torx bit was rounded so I had to drill them. Worked fine and now there are brand new ones in there Smile
Thanks given by:
Nah just have to hit the disc with a hammer and that snaps the heads off Tongue
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeh I did resort to that after drilling off most of the head. Once the discs was off there was enough of the bolt left to get them out with some mole grips.
Thanks given by:
springs in wrong!!!
Thanks given by:
Sam heres a thought for you, get a hammer and punch and punch a dimple into the the outside part of the torx screw then put the punch on a angle in the eimple youve made and tap the screw round
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2014, 09:16 PM)welshpug Wrote: springs in wrong!!!

this^^^^^^ !!!!!!

get that sorted ASAP!!!! Exclamation
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Also make sure the lock bar is pinned in correctly. Seems a lot of people have been having them slip out and loose pads which you do not want!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

I take it that ive fitted the anti rattle spring too low and they need to go up a bit to put more tension in them?
Thanks given by:
yup, there's no tension whatsoever as fitted.
have a look at the haynes manual
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2014, 06:27 PM)welshpug Wrote: yup, there's no tension whatsoever as fitted.
have a look at the haynes manual

Did wonder when I was fitting them :/ I think i see how they are meant to be fitted. Job for the weekend!
Thanks given by:
I still have no idea how those springs are supposed to work...mine are probably in wrong tbh, but I do know the retainer bar is in properly lol.
Thanks given by:

This!!!!!

Literally knew I could find welshpug in here saying the same thing haha!! Make sure you fit them correctly!!!

[Image: attachment.php?thumbnail=1949]

This is how they SHOULD be fitted.

And yeah - don't need drilling - TWAT with hammer until head flies off, molies and remove - they're never tight actually in the hub itself, just the head on the disc.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Cheers for the photo Ruan. I see my mistake now! Thank you!
Thanks given by:
good find Ruan, I had a right old root through my photobucket but couldn't find a pic, too many pictures!
Thanks given by:
Brake retaining clips are now sorted. Had a great time at ace and the car is properly clean for the first time. Not much else happening. Just trying to get bits and bobs sorted out and keep it clean for more than a few days.

Looking to get an AFR gauge and mount it in the old boost gauge pillar pod. Also need to get a replacement bulb after Niall pointed out one of my headlights was out at ace D:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SRowells Black Rallye Eeyore 736 226,525 22-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  SRowells 3D Printed Cup Holders Eeyore 17 5,875 08-01-2017, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Magenta Sunset
  SRowells & Declantgs StanceBoard Project Eeyore 59 13,582 25-06-2012, 10:57 PM
Last Post: Eeyore