Shorts in work during hot weather

Poll: During hot weather, and if there is no legitimate Health & Safety reason otherwise, should employees be allowed to wear shorts to work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, as long as it is in keeping with the uniform and looks relatively smart.
100.00%
19 100.00%
No, the company should be allowed to effectively cook you any way they want, even steaming you in your own sweat.
0%
0 0%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shorts in work during hot weather
It is a company policy yes Sad But following that logic, you should have to wear long sleeve tops to protect your arms too...

CBA with red tape.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 08:38 PM)Kimmie Wrote: I can't stand wearing disposable gloves because they bring my hands out in a rash, but like hell would you catch me going to the external bins without them....Leptospirosis is not fun!

They should be buying you non powdered latex gloves then. Technically its illegal for them to supply you with powdered gloves for that exact reason.

Whooo i beat kim on something health and safety related!!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(11-07-2013, 07:22 PM)Grant Wrote: It all just means we have to take more breaks! Wink
This, on a 25*+ Late shift you wouldn't believe the amount of ice creams I can eat.

(11-07-2013, 08:38 PM)Kimmie Wrote: Same with appearance though. You are an extension of the company and therefore have to present a certain image.
Yeah buy surely it presents a terrible image turning up bright red and sweating like a rapist
Thanks given by:
So it appears the women are allowed 3/4 length.
Thanks given by:
When I worked rendering we used to wear shorts when on council estate and open sites. Was not allowed on big sites tho but we uwed to wear them under trousers and just take them off when up the scaffold. By the time anyone got to us to bollock us we had put trousers back on. Simple. Was a pain when insulating but you get used to it quickly
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
I work at foxs biscuits as a line manager and I got told of for wearing shorts as I didn't look responsible .. We have to wear overalls and hairnets and beard snoods at all times too .. Anyway I argued that I am working on the line 95% of the time so it doesn't matter what I look like as I'm covered up anyway .. Safe to say I wear shorts with pride now
Thanks given by:
self employed for the win, i wear shorts, hell i even take my top off if i want . . lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Just because you CAN.. doesn't mean you should matt Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-07-2013, 03:11 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Just because you CAN.. doesn't mean you should matt Tongue

and just because i do doesn't mean i ought to! . .Big Grin . . . . i however have finally reached the stage of life where i do not give a mad fcuk lol . . . . check out my self employed moobs bitches . . . .lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pugfest prep (weather..) ginge191 22 5,661 10-07-2014, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Sian
Thumbs Up The Weather Channel 4WayDiablo 32 8,431 28-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Great British Weather Toast 27 10,046 10-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Piggy