Dan's phase 2 1.8xs toy build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dan's phase 2 1.8xs toy build
Always about lol. Haven't got any made up atm but can have some done soon.
Thanks given by:
Just a bit of proof I welded it myself. Lol can't find a bench shot...instead got a pikey looking shot (please don't judge) lol

Thanks given by:
Also just got these through from 'PE02KHG'. Will make the car look more respectable till I get Coilovers.

Thanks given by:
You don't need coilies. Saxo springs Wink haha

Well actually, don't do that. Looked awesome, handled like shite. Some quick progress happening here mate! I like it!
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Haha I don't think I'll be going down the saxo route if I'm honest Wink been looking at gaz Coilies which is dangerous towards my bank account! Lol
Thanks given by:
Haha yep! Dangerous towards the bank but absolutely win towards the road!
The Rallye will get some eventually. Once the new engine is in. And the rear beam is replaced. And my seats redrilled. And brakes replaced. And the calipers refurbed.

Damn there is a massive list
Thanks given by:
Yeah definitely a win for road/track. Wink has anyone also changed the rear beam bushes and found a big difference?

Sounds like you've got a cushty list there man...not impossible though. Did the rear end on mine last year...pretty easy to do though. What brakes are you running then?
Thanks given by:
Standard '6 brakes atm will go to 302mm eventually.

I have the solid rear beam mounts on mine, really haven't noticed much difference
Thanks given by:
Loving this thread Smile

Keeping a keen eye on this
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Looking good so far. Should think youll have a lot of work coming your way with a price/quality combo like that bud!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
What size wheels are you running on the 6 mate? I've got 15's and wondered what size discs people usually run under them? I'm planning on fitting a pair of Porsche 928 GTS Brembos to mine as I have 4 calipers in total Wink time to custom make some brackets!!

Yeah I'm always here to help people Smile
Thanks given by:
Got some new drop links today as mine were worn and seized on. Also got a new fan switch for the rad as mine is knackered!

Then fitted my new springs when I got home.

Boring update but that's all for the moment I'm afraid lol
Thanks given by:
MOT time today!! Smile
Just gave the car a clean...first one in a year! Didnt come up too bad but definitely needs another going over!

Wish me luck people!!
Thanks given by:
Like the project, you've done quite a bit quite quickly! What kind of welder do you use? I'm looking at getting a 240v tig set, hard to decide what to get though.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well it passed which is always good Smile lol
I use a 240v 200a Clarke mig. One of the best little welders I could find and will weld pretty much anything!
Thanks given by:
Cool is that a gas or gasless one? And can you do any stainless?
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It's gas mate. Yeah I did my exhaust with it in stainless...just used stainless wire and argon mix gas.
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate!!!!
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's good it got through the MOT. Any advisories or was it plain sailing?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Totally plain sailing mate Smile Only thing he showed me which he didn't put as an advisory...was that the linkage on the brake load compensator was missing which I was never even aware of lol. Better do something with that as its braking too hard on rear.
Thanks given by:
Haven't done an update in quite a while...kind of ran out of bits to do Sad

Been testing some new style of Carbon Fibre wrap on the Bonnet and a couple of other places.

Please excuse the lacquer peel on the boot..the car is riddled with it Sad

Also might be picking up some GTI-6 brakes tonight.
Afraid that's it for the moment...bit boring but Hey Ho. Sad
Thanks given by:
Looking good Smile

I can't see from my phone but did you wrap the spoiler?

2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Ran out of bits to do?? i can give you some suggestions Tongue

crystal/masked headlights
diablo mirror caps
ph2or3 side skirts
ph3 rub strips
smaller arieal

Few nice cheap easy mods you might want? looks good though, nice little project you got on the go there

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah i wrapped the spoiler grant. Was so bored and had the carbon to hand lol

Funny you should say that...I've just bought another 1.8 lump which I'm gonna strip and rebuild. Haven't decided whether or not to go Throttle bodies or Turbo yet. What do we think? Wink
Thanks given by:
Bodies! That engine does love to rev, may as well make the most of it. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah I agree. Made my mind up on it last night Wink Need to find some more info out about them first. Wanna forge it but I'm lead to believe that no one makes pistons for them so either go overbore or have some made..
Thanks given by:
Little update guys. Had a couple of deliveries the past 2 days.

First one from a fellow forum member Wink

And the second today which was an absolute eBay bargain!! Came as a slightly bigger package though...

Time to get it up on the engine stand and begin the strip down! Just as sooooon as I've got this off....:/

Cheers then Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice. What are you doing with the donor engine? Im hopefully getting mine this week (my old fully rebuilt one from my old XS i scrapped this time last year Sad)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Planning on stripping and going throttle bodies eventually. Want forged internals but I believe no one makes them? So maybe go overbore and use other pistons providing theres room?
Oh really, nice one mate. What have you had done to it in the rebuild?
Thanks given by:
(03-05-2013, 08:54 PM)floz123 Wrote: Planning on stripping and going throttle bodies eventually. Want forged internals but I believe no one makes them? So maybe go overbore and use other pistons providing theres room?
Oh really, nice one mate. What have you had done to it in the rebuild?

Nice. Im not sure how resilient the engine will be to boost. Im just going to boost mine and see if i melt any pistons lol.
They are a wet linered engine and the liners are actually fairly thin compared to other wet engines ive seen so not sure how well you could get away with boring it out.

Engine had a full rebuild. All gaskets, piston rings and scrapers, honed, shells, top end rebuild. Then took it for mot and the car failed on chronic rust that was covered by underseal so i took the easy route and broke the car and bought a 6 but i really wish i still had the 1.8. Much much livelier engine and not much slower. Sold it to a mate but he never used it so im getting it back.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: