306oc - Peugeot 306 Owners Club & Forum

Full Version: Dan's phase 2 1.8xs toy build
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, I don't know if you noticed but I'm fairly new to this forum and thought I'd do a build thread type thing.
Short of it is that I've owned the car a few years now and its been off the road for a few months as I could afford to fund both it and my big toy. Now realised that I need a daily driver so its time to put the old girl back on the road Smile
Its a 1999 Phase 2 1.8xs with just over 107000 miles on the clock from memory.

Got a few plans for this car. I know straight away that its not the fastest car that Peugeot have ever made but no reason it can't still be fun right? Gonna strip it...buckets...harnesses... Wheels and lows etc.
I dare say one day I'll end up building a mental engine for it as I can't resist temptation! Also as the 1.8 has such potential it seems rude not too.

Anyways here it is...with a few goodies Wink
[attachment=5792]
[attachment=5793]

Also got a bargain on a set of the most common wheels on earth...
[attachment=5794]
There are 4 of them despite what you may see in the picture. Was just off to get the new rubber fitted Wink

Another steal...got given a pair of these along with some 3 point Sparco harnesses which I won't be using
[attachment=5795]

Then got these off a friend who bought them without realising at first that the previous owner had cut the tails off them as they were used in a Caterham 7. Whipped them down to my local seatbelt company who re-webbed them and extended.
[attachment=5796]

And made this harness bar the other day which will bolt comfortably between the rear arches. Didn't want to go down the usual path people take and bolt the harnesses to the floor as I very much like my spine in one piece Smile
[attachment=5797]
[attachment=5798]
[attachment=5799]
All painted up I must say it looks rather good Wink

Then got this through in the post last night...just the one as the passenger has no need to move about!
[attachment=5800]

So yeah...that's about it for the moment. There will be many more updates in the near future. Cheers Smile
Plans sound good dude Smile whats this other toy you have ninja
itll be interesting to see how a stripped 1.8 is. Id have done it to mine but its a 5 door!
Yeah it should be fun! Also got a gti 6 exhaust manifold to go on at some point. I did read about popping a 2l head and inlet on the 1.8 block with gti6 exhaust. Other toy is a 1983 Ford Capri with a sr20det in it making 350bhp and 370ftlbs ;-)
Need a build thread for that Big Grin
you do know that you will need to modify those seat runners to fit a 3 DR 306 right?

Also nice dickies socks Tongue
All about the Dickie's socks! Best ones I've ever owned Wink I won't be using any of the original mounts or anything..will weld in 2 bars to mount them on from the tunnel to inner sill.
And I'm afraid I don't have a build thread on it..this is the first one I've ever done. Wanted to keep the Capri a bit of a secret then its more of a mystery at shows Wink

Much like these....
[attachment=5808]
Just taken on 3 New garages so work on the car could begin! Here's some bits I've done over the past couple of days.

First off made myself up and exhaust
[attachment=6073]
[attachment=6074]
[attachment=6075]
(Pretty chuffed with that tbh)

Then cracked on with mounting the new seats and harnesses
[attachment=6076]
Front mounts which I side plated then welded to the cross member.
[attachment=6077]
All the mounts in and fit pukka!! Have painted it since but haven't got round to taking the pics.

Also got the harness bar all fixed in and seats trial fitted in picture.
[attachment=6078]
(I know the bar isn't fitted in the picture but once again didn't get around to taking new piccies)

That's about it at the moment...will give more updates soon.
woah D: how far back are you mounting your harnesses? D:
Unfortunately couldn't really get them much further forward and still be safe Sad had them extended though so all will be fine Wink
Sam thats where harness bars go in a 306 unless you have the ones that bolt into the original seat belt bolts. Where it is there will also stiffen up the rear slightly.

WIll be watching this one closely. I loved my old 1.8 (preferred it over my gti). Will be good to see what you do to it power wise.
Nice build similar to mine will be keeping a eye on this to see how it progresses
Yeah I read on an FIA sheet somewhere that they must not be below a certain angle from your shoulders. I am looking forward to taking it on track and will let you know how it goes. For the mean time I need to get it mot'd and back on the road. Was tempted to go turbo but do fancy decent n.a. power Wink
that back box looks real smart! were do you work?
I work as a builder/carpenter mate...cars are just a hobby Smile do you want one then? Lol
Ahh cool lol I would dude but low on funds at the moment haha
Okay so after a weekend's work on and off the car I have a few little updates.

Got the seats cleaned up a bit and both them and the harnesses all fitted.
[attachment=6178]
[attachment=6179]
[attachment=6180]
As you can see the drivers seat is a bit faded but as I got the pair for free...I won't be complaining lol

Also got the torsion bars all lowered today and trial fitted the new wheels and rubber.
[attachment=6181]
Car isn't on floor at the moment so the picture doesn't show its true ride height. I did however jack the wheel up and it sits nice in the arch.
Got the front struts off too all ready for the new 60mm springs.
Gave the car a quick oil, filter and plug change with some lovely new parts from Opie ;-)

Last thing...not car related at all but made me laugh!!!
[attachment=6182]
Very impressive work going on here. Will be watching this with interest.

One question though. What use is a spirit level in installing that harness bar? lol
Cheers Smile and I had the car jacked up absolutely spot on level...then used a level to get the bar level too. Couldn't have it being all wonky Wink
Fair enough! That explains that then lol
what is that exausth? looks like a pts.

can you do a video to ear the sound?
I made it myself mate. Got parts from longlife and made it all to fit etc and welded it at home. Will pop Vids up soon.
looks like you are damn good with a welder...where did you learn?
Cheers Piggy Smile I'm a self taught man. Just practiced and messed about with bits of scrap metal really...
(08-04-2013, 08:37 PM)floz123 Wrote: [ -> ]I made it myself mate. Got parts from longlife and made it all to fit etc and welded it at home. Will pop Vids up soon.

home made? very good, dont seem home made, realy!
Yeah honest it is Smile lol got pics of welding it and all in bits somewhere.
Jesus that's impressive for home taught. I know ironmongers who aren't at that standard... May have some work for you Wink
how much for a harness bar?

looks awesome so far though mate
Cheers for the positive feedback guys! Yeah just let me know Grant and we will sort something out.
Also Matt I'll have to let you know later...probably about £50 each including bolts and spreader plate.
f*ck me. You about anytime soon?
Pages: 1 2 3