Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6
(17-09-2012, 05:39 PM)Arron Wrote: Sweet project. Are you doing the front windows too?
Cheers mate, the fronts are staying glass cos I like the electrics far too much
Thanks given by:
Alternator is on.
Need to finish my pikey de-resonator and make some fuel likes.
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:05 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Alternator is on.
Need to finish my pikey de-resonator and make some fuel likes.

Cue Thread title "My car wont idle and smells strongly of petrol"
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Couldnt be worse than it was Smile
Thanks given by:
(18-09-2012, 08:14 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Couldnt be worse than it was Smile

Mattap Bushtap would disagree Tongue
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
f*ck sake.

Can't wait till I've refuted these lifters. And then it's back to just yours tapping ed
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Refuted? You prove them lifters wrong mate Tongue hate it when they start making shit up
Thanks given by:
f*cking iPhone piece of shit!!!!
Thanks given by:
Lol why not go for solid lifters so your ready for epic cams. Ed likes his tapping cos it's the only way you can tell his car apart from Scott's
Thanks given by:
Solid lifters?
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2012, 05:08 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Lol why not go for solid lifters so your ready for epic cams. Ed likes his tapping cos it's the only way you can tell his car apart from Scott's

Youre forgetting the chav-sized wheels.

Cant wait to see the results of your de-resonator-ing, should be.... interesting. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Alternator is working and charging
New fuel lines are beefy and not leaking
Car Idles better cos I cleaned the ICV and its housing.
De Resonator sounds awesome, makes the upper end of the rev range sound more high pitched.

Pics soon

Also have a video of me trying to smash a bit of polycarbonate with a lump hammer and failing to crack it.
Thanks given by:
Whats the process of de resonating it? Thinking of doing it to Eli's.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
The proper process is buying a resonator bung and sticking it in the hole.
The dum-dum process is banging a tube of chemical metal in there.

Its an inlet manifold off job but thats easy enough and only £3.50 for a new gasket from pug. The resonator itself is held in with 3 10mm bolts and you also have to remove the ICV to get at it.
Thanks given by:
So the de-resonator

Alternator all fitted up with shiny new wires

And the new fuel lines. 8mm and 10mm. If anyone wants to do theirs I have enough line left to do 1 car. £5 posted?

Thanks given by:
Whoa. That whole de-resonator thing; is it thermo-setting? The inlet can get quite warm, it's not gonna break down again is it?

Can't imagine that any of that going in a cylinder is going to be good...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(19-09-2012, 08:46 PM)c.a.r. Wrote: Whoa. That whole de-resonator thing; is it thermo-setting? The inlet can get quite warm, it's not gonna break down again is it?

Can't imagine that any of that going in a cylinder is going to be good...

yeah itll be fine mate, it says "sets hard as steel in 10 mins" and Ive used it before on loads of things. Its fine with heat but will catch fire with stupid heat but at that point the manifold will be melting too.
Thanks given by:
Ah cool beans then.

Still got that metallic intake noise? Even standard 6's sound good on throttle...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
yeah but its better.
Thanks given by:
I can confirm that that hard and fast is very good stuff. That is what i used to fix a hole in the block of my old 1.8 and it never once even showed signs of leaking!

Be careful with them fuel lines chris. I was sold "fuel line" and it turned out it wasnt. After a few weeks i was driving along and could smell petrol and no power. Opened the bonnet to find fuel pissing all over a baking hot engine. Took the hose off and i could snap it it was so brittle. that stuff looks like what i had! i got my new goodyear fuel hose from halfords and it was spot on
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Mine is from halfrauds too mate, it's stamped as for unleaded fuel. I will be keeping an eye on it though cos I dont entirely trust myself playing with the fuel system.
Thanks given by:
So for those of you who dont believe how strong polycarbonate is

Thanks given by:
Yeah my first bit was stamped for unleaded...it was heater hose which was really worrying!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-09-2012, 03:20 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So for those of you who dont believe how strong polycarbonate is

Any excuse to get the hammer out Dum!
Thanks given by:
the way you can tell fuel hose is its double the thickness of heater/rad hose
Thanks given by:
Loving to Deres chris Tongue lol is there anything to be gained from it other than a epic bit of sound.

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Rainbow 
(21-09-2012, 07:09 PM)Carlos182 Wrote: Any excuse to get the hammer out Dum!
Yep, love my hammer.

(22-09-2012, 01:54 AM)stevieg Wrote: the way you can tell fuel hose is its double the thickness of heater/rad hose
Yeah this stuff is proper thick but IIRC it also has to have a special inner coating to resist the fuel.

(22-09-2012, 11:45 AM)puglove Wrote: Loving to Deres chris Tongue lol is there anything to be gained from it other than a epic bit of sound.
I vaguely remember being told that it reduces turbulence in the air flow at high revs and could result in a slight increase in power but youd never notice the difference.
Thanks given by:
That does seem very logical TBH, i suppose you wouldnt get the swirl effect of air, hmm interesting

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
So I sprayed and fitted a new drivers door handle as i broke the original one and what a ball ache of a job that is, couldn't get the clip on the lever and eventually lost it in the bottom of the door, been running without it for a week and the rod aint fallen out yet so well see, if it does go im drilling a hole in the door to be able to fit the clip then just sticking a bung in it.

Got my sparco driver seat fitted today, the subframe is bolted together and then hit with the easyweld for good measure (heat the metal to 900 degrees with the blow torch then feed the rod in) so should be pretty strong. Its far more comfy than the DTurbo seats (supprisingly) and ive dropped myself about 50mm and maybe 20mm further back.

The whole lot (seat harness and subframe) only comes to 13kg so going well

Oh and as per usual the dog was helping

Thanks given by:
Sparco greyhound?

Swapping the door handle is a right pain, mine snapped on the HDi a few years ago when i was in the petrol station with the pass side against the pump... fail.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bianca White Phase 2 Gti6 Track & Fast Road Car Chr1sch 62 18,590 22-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chr1sch
  Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added) Dum-Dum 737 335,613 10-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 158,686 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum