Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clutch cable routing
(29-10-2016, 02:05 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Ive NEVER had this issue on cable replacement and ive done my fair share on my motors and others. It cant really cause vibration as if the engine is sitting where it should be there is no where it should hit. Are you sure your top and bottom engine mounts are ok??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sorted it. Had a look online to try to find some pics showing how the cable enters the bulkhead, found one from darren's green beast, and saw that it comes out at an angle, which made me realise it should not be coming out as straight as it was on my car. Only thing that could cause that is if there is 'too much cable' in the run from the adjuster to the bulkhead, and so creating an arc from the excess cable. I moved the adjuster over towards the passenger side a bit more, and that changed the angle of the run from the bulkhead so it now clears the turbo better, vibration gone.

The pedal is still a bit higher than it was on the last cable, but I think I have some dead travel in the pedal before the clutch arm moves (I will check this very carefully....) so I might replace the little plastic 'stop' that the pedal hits on the pedal box, with an adjustable stop to get a more comfy position. Just need to be very careful not to end up riding the release bearing. Anyone know if there is any 'lead in' as the arm moves before it starts to push the release bearing?  Or is it the case that as soon as the arm moves, it's pressing on the bearing ?

Cheers
Craig
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 28-10-2016, 11:43 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 11:35 AM
clutch cable routing - by bashbarnard - 29-10-2016, 02:05 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: clutch cable routing - by carlukepeugeot - 29-10-2016, 05:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New clutch cable needed jcsh 3 1,830 11-02-2021, 05:01 PM
Last Post: ekjdm14
  Citroen ZX 1.9 TD Clutch Cable drew 0 1,437 17-05-2019, 12:58 PM
Last Post: drew
  Manually adjusting clutch cable for xud bashbarnard 21 5,782 21-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard